Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character voice

Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
Does your character have any type of voice? Combat grunts/vocals even when you attack at the least?

Comments

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200

No. Somehow I like the cutscenes without my character babbling (giving a bit sinister feel). In so many games they have funny or awkward character voices.

Edit: Your character is silent in combat too.

• Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168

Thank you, thought I read somewhere that you could hear other players voice in combat. I am a fan of silent so my character feels more personal to me.

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200

That's exactly what I feel too. We are on the same boat. I'm pretty sure you can't hear other players voices either. I have healed through couple of dungeons and don't remember I heard my team members voices. But, some of the mobs (filth-babblers one of my favorites so far) have really great voices. Listen carefully what they speak and they are the mob type meant to be just as a cannon fodder! 

And you can't forget the incredible voiceacting they have in npc dialogues. The story is great all I can say. I'm not a fan of "theme park" type of games (I'm playing Eve Online) but TSW managed to get me hooked right from the start. I can accept the gamemechanics as they are because I like the atmosphere and the story so much,

This is where I read that there were voices: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=52572

thanks for the clarification:)

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    I don't know if they have changed it, but one thing that anoyed me the most in GW2  was the fact that you couldn't turn off the characters comments during combat... They were so anoying... In WOW, for instance, I turned off the "error messages sounds"... I prefer silent characters to be honest and specially in combat.

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

me too. I hate how in WoW and guild wars 2, swtor etc. All humans etc. sound exactly the same. Even the emotes. It's like were a whole bunch of clones with different hair color running around
  • ShazPurShazPur Member UncommonPosts: 47
    If you had a bee stuck in your throat you'd be silent too. ;)
    hahaha
  • TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314

Yeah, The Bees do not talk.  Many NPC's make reference to that.  It seems that being infused with ungodly amounts of Anima has one downfall, your voice....

But however, I have thought I have heard grunts and "hiya" in some moves.....  Maybe not.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I have to agree, I preferred the silent approach in TSW where I could basically fill in my responses rather than listen to those provided for me as was the case in SWTOR.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Hmmm I wonder if its true about the hearing grunts then?

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=52143

Is this still so?

I havent heard anything

Originally posted by Tgiordano92

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=52143

Is this still so?

I havent heard anything

See, that is what I thought.  I don't think it is consistent though.  But I swear when I am running around I hear other players doing moves.  Brandish (Blade Skill) seems to be one of the skills you get a random grunt or yell in there.

Yeah for whomever cares: You can hear your own character grunting when you are low on health and getting attacked
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus
    Yeah, The Bees do not talk.  Many NPC's make reference to that.  It seems that being infused with ungodly amounts of Anima has one downfall, your voice.... But however, I have thought I have heard grunts and "hiya" in some moves.....  Maybe not.

I know its a fun discussion, but i dont think lore wise your silence would be because of the anima...The bee perhaps.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus
    Yeah, The Bees do not talk.  Many NPC's make reference to that.  It seems that being infused with ungodly amounts of Anima has one downfall, your voice....

But however, I have thought I have heard grunts and "hiya" in some moves.....  Maybe not.

I know its a fun discussion, but i dont think lore wise your silence would be because of the anima...The bee perhaps.

Well, that is what I meant actually.  A bee lodges itself in your throat, infuses you with mana and they seem to not talk anymore.

Yeah, I meant the bee.  Sorry that was unclear.