Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted to play, could not get past launcher (UPDATED)

Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316

Well I wanted to give this game a shot. I read the above stickied article about launch problems, and after I downloaded the launcher and had problems I tried all sorts of things I gleaned from the forums. Nothing worked. 

Very odd that GW2 was such a smooth install and AION was not. I don't know what else to do. I suppose it was simply not meant to be.

Comments

• Deathgod881Deathgod881 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Tell me about them maybe i can help

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

• Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316

Thank you for the offer. I have sent the NC Soft tech support team my dxdiag and a screenshot of the error message which I'll include here.

Basically I can download the initial patcher from here: http://na.aiononline.com/en/news/announcements/aion-installer-guide.php

This was the URL given me in the welcoming email.

I download the 4.8 MB installer, and that seems to work fine.

The problem comes when I then try to download Aion. I get this:

I have tried various fixes on the official forums but no luck so far.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can offer. Going through the folders I saw a Vuze torrent link, is that still valid?

Eh, that image doesn't seem to expand. The error code is E02024. 

Here is the full error message:

The update may be in use by another program.

Restart your computer and try again. If this problem persists, please

contact Customer Support at http://us.ncsoft.com/en/support/.

E02024

PFP_RF_032_4

NCLauncher.exe

Thought:: Does the '32' make reference to a 32 bit OS? Perhaps the problem is my 64 bit OS?

Update:

Reply from NcSoft Tech Support:

I would like to rule out the possibility that there is another program interfering with the game connection. To do this, we use a Windows command called "MSCONFIG."

Please note, this command will not uninstall any applications from your computer. All MSCONFIG does is prevent these applications from automatically starting when Windows boots up.

To do this:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and then hit the R key. This should bring up the Run dialog box.

2. Type "MSCONFIG" without the quotes, and click "OK." This should open the System Configuration Utility.

3. Click on the "Services" tab and check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" check box near the bottom, then click the "Disable All" button. (You MUST click "Hide all Microsoft Services")

4. Next go to the "Startup" tab and click the "Disable All" button.

5. Once these items are all disabled, click the "OK" button and you will get a prompt to restart your computer. Please restart your computer.

6. Once you return to Windows, please try connecting to the game again. If your issue is not resolved by using MSCONFIG, please generate a new Game Advisor report. That way, we can see what, if anything wasn't disabled by these steps.

To reverse these settings, simply run MSCONFIG again and click "Normal Startup" on the first window labeled "General."

Note: If you need a specific application to run with Windows but still want to use MSCONFIG, just follow the above instructions and on step 4, re-check any application you feel needs to start with Windows. Examples would be wireless connection software, mouse or keyboard applications or even security applications. Please note that security applications can often be a contributing factor to such issues. If you haven’t done so already, please also disable any Anti-virus, Firewall or other security applications for testing purposes. While we do not recommend running your machine without a security application, should disabling the software help resolve your issue we can reinstall it and work to configure the application so it doesn’t cause this issue.

Please try these settings and let me know if they have any effect on your issue.

The link for the NCSoft Game Advisor Sfotware: http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor/ (Instant Download)

Trying these now, will keep this post updated if I find resolution.
  • Deathgod881Deathgod881 Member UncommonPosts: 104

Found this on the forums using google

GUYS I GOT THE FIX!!! Mind u Im on windows 7 so it maybe lil different for u depending what platform your running. Anyways onto the fix #1 Right click Aion on your desktop select open file location. #2 Find the the file NCLauncher not the application Type is configuration settings its just note pad stuff not a app. #3 Now that you have found the text file Right click it select Open. #4 Now that is open find SelfUpdate=1 and change the 1 to zero so that it looks like this SelfUpdate=0. #5 The last and final step! Hit Ctrl+S and close it all out and start your launcher problem solved. Should start with no issues your welcome peeps!

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

So I am now downloading the game. Here is what I did:

Went into MSCONFIG and enabled all.

Set boot to 'Normal'

Restarted computer.

Ran the AION patcher as Administrator.

The error message did not reoccur and I am downloading as I type this. If I have further problems will update again, if not I will not post further.

Originally posted by Deathgod881

Found this on the forums using google

GUYS I GOT THE FIX!!! Mind u Im on windows 7 so it maybe lil different for u depending what platform your running. Anyways onto the fix #1 Right click Aion on your desktop select open file location. #2 Find the the file NCLauncher not the application Type is configuration settings its just note pad stuff not a app. #3 Now that you have found the text file Right click it select Open. #4 Now that is open find SelfUpdate=1 and change the 1 to zero so that it looks like this SelfUpdate=0. #5 The last and final step! Hit Ctrl+S and close it all out and start your launcher problem solved. Should start with no issues your welcome peeps!

Thanks man! I will try that if this current approach bottoms out once I reset my boot to a more limited array. Appreciate your help Deathgod881 :)