Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New pre-alpha footage

rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hICRzBgx6SI

here is a new prealpha footage of Glora Victis, You can clearly see the improvement from last time ;)

Comments

• dwarfkinglordsdwarfkinglords Member UncommonPosts: 75

just like alot of western games.. horrible animation with the combat.. just like ESO just like conan...

really boring bland action with awkward weak non impactful swings

can't they get it togehter?? sheesh

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    They are working on it, it is still pre-alpha phase. They need to collect enough money for motion-capture sessions to improve the animations. It's an indie project with close to ZERO budget, ofc it should't be an excuse but u can't compare big AAA MMO's animations with small indie studio :)
  • benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    An interesting idea is making an mmorpg in a low fantasy medieval setting and Mount&Blade combat machanics, wich a majority of the Gloria Victis fanbase is expecting. And if you talk about M&B you talk about the fluid animations of the combat ;) So yeah alot of resources should go into that ;)
  • AlbertTRDAlbertTRD Member Posts: 1
    Thus far this game looks like something I've been waiting for years to play and from what the guys said lately, they are slowly getting ready to release new updates.
  • will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    for $10 you can join the pre alpha. edit... not sure about the pvp. i can't figure out how it's going to work , i suppose it's undecided.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I think it looks good, animations don't matter as much to me, but I do like to have a hit make an enemy knock back at that specific moment, it makes it more fluid but being in pre alpha I don't expect that yet. I may go spend the 12 euros or however much it is to get an alpha and beta key just to play it through development.
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by coretex666

It looks nice. How many more years till release?

In the video, they are asking for support. Is / was this game a kickstarter project or what.

They tried a Kickstarter campaign, but failed. You can read more about the game in an interview we had with them a few months ago .

The video shows nice progress, but they surely could use some more funding. Perhaps they'll try another campaign again soon.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• SterimarSterimar Member Posts: 6
    I can't wait for this game and I follow it since their 4th place in the IndieDB Tournament!
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I have been in the pre-alpha for awhile and I can tell you its worth the 10 bucks to get in. If anything it will help them out.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by dwarfkinglords

just like alot of western games.. horrible animation with the combat.. just like ESO just like conan...

really boring bland action with awkward weak non impactful swings

can't they get it togehter?? sheesh

I totally agree this looks terrible.

The combat looks bad too , non targeting combat in an MMO is a recipe for fail at least until latency is non existant.

• GoodGuy909GoodGuy909 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    They invested in mocaps :D Last update was about changes in animation systems and new members. So I hope this will change soon:)
  • wietrzykwietrzyk Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Yeap, next update is very interesting, it will bring a lot of news.
  • Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233
    It 'sounds' neat and interesting but looks somewhat bad. Animations, grass, trees, and avatars all look 'ok'. This game is not on the top of my wheelhouse right now. 

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• HjulstadHjulstad Member Posts: 3
    Omg this looks so great! Get a type of "Age of Conan 2" feeling! AND THATS GOOOOOOD