Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Console Modding Discussion Allow?

LordGreg1LordGreg1 New MexicoPosts: 2Member

Hello, a fellow clan member maybe a few days ago got a warning/suspension on their account for posting about console modification in a xbox/ps4 thread.

. They got this warning from a moderator we don't know who it is perhaps they are new to the site.

Some other members we know also got warnings/suspension for other things like this before one got a warning for advertising gold selling because there was a thread about gold selling in online games and they didn't exactly advertise but said they didn't mind gold sellers as long as they were legally playing the game, no links or ad's to sale.

http://www.mmorpg.com/disclaimers.cfm

3rd Party Programs

• MMORPG.com does not allow forum discussion concerning programs that go against a game's EULA. This includes, but is not limited to, third party programs to automate gameplay or gain an unfair advantage over other players. Please check with your specific game's EULA for more details on what is or isn't allowed.
I don't know how or if it is even possible, but I don't think players can use hacks on a console and see no rules about posting about using modifications on a console discussion being illegal unless it clearly talks about cheating games.

Is console mod discussion allow a lot of my community mod on their console and often talk about it on console forum Thanks for clarify would be nice.

Comments

• MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community Manager Queens, NYPosts: 5,724Administrator Uncommon
    Depends on the definition of console modding. If you're talking about modding it to do illegal things (hacks, pirating, etc) then no. Modding your console for functional or cosmetic purposes? Sure. Why not? We don't care if you talk about how to mod in a new hard drive or something like that.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

• LordGreg1LordGreg1 New MexicoPosts: 2Member
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Depends on the definition of console modding. If you're talking about modding it to do illegal things (hacks, pirating, etc) then no. Modding your console for functional or cosmetic purposes? Sure. Why not? We don't care if you talk about how to mod in a new hard drive or something like that.

Thanks man wasn't sure of this rule here it was just likely a misread post/understanding I know none of our members would talk about hacks doing so would mean immediately being kicked from our community.

Yeah I am talking about general modding like putting a PC Liquid Cooler in you're Xbox 360, or adding a PC hard-drive to a Xbox 360 instead of paying the high cost of a Microsoft product, or even running different OS on a console, but not with the purpose to Pirate Games, or Hack in Online gaming there is already enough talk about that on the search engine.

Although I know that if Microsoft finds out that a person mods their console for for any reason it is detected they usually ban that console even if it isn't being used to cheat which is why it is best not to do any type of heavy mods other than coolers or cosmetic mods although this still void the warranty.

And I know that Sony doesn't like players modding their console.

I do have to say with the number of console's I have mod, and repair for people I really did not like the way Microsoft designed them they run way too hot given the fact my pc runs at about 50 Degrees and can be dropped lower which is actually one of the most common RROD problems a loose heat-sink on memory.