Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tower of Nightmares Ascent and Completion No Death Achievement

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Complete Instance Climb to Final Dungeon

I had a big time blast rising up through the tower. The way it works is it has four parts. You have three floors to climb until you reach the fourth part the summit. A long the way you can take part in nine Nightmare Chambers. However I'm suggesting you skip them for the time being and come back later. Because if you are rolling with a zerg you may get left. It's really hard to get to the top a lone. So take full advantage of larger numbers. The nightmare chambers can be solo'd. So you can take your time going after all nine.

Once you get to the top it's time for a final dungeon. You will need 5 people for this hopefully some people will be around who wants in. Thankfully with some good play all around I was able to get the No Death achievement. I won't be going back in there so it's nice to get it out of the way one and done. I can't be more proud of the random people I got in with. They say the community isn't full of gamers. I'm saying that's bs because every one of these videos I do. It's with different random people. And they play their hearts out. So a shout out to those players past, present, and future.

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Enjoyed it also.

It really brings back the PUBLIC not instanced dungeons of past MMOs

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    I've enjoyed it so far. Solo'd the final dungeon (it scales so you can) and liked the mechanics of the fights quite a bit. I need to get back up there again and try to do the dive without hitting something on the way down... that was painful...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Enjoyed it also.

It really brings back the PUBLIC not instanced dungeons of past MMOs

We were reminiscing about that on our guild voicecom while fighting our way up the tower. It's easy to overlook due to GW2's heavy use of zoning, but the game world is actually full of 'public dungeons', and the combat/class mechanics and DEs are pretty effective catalysts for getting people to team up. But those often didn't feel as much like the old-style dungeons as the tower now does. Must be the locale.

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    What's interesting is this area has the highest farming potential. Due to fact things constantly respawn. With a large enough group sticking together. It can be farm city literally.
  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Silentstorm
    What's interesting is this area has the highest farming potential. Due to fact things constantly respawn. With a large enough group sticking together. It can be farm city literally.

We tried it for 3 hours, it didnt work. Diminishing returns takes a hit on net income.