Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft: Unleash the Hounds

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As the Hearthstone beta grows, so do the ways to strategically take down one's enemies. In our latest look at Hearthstone, we take a look at a powerful Hunter strategy. Read on and then head to the comments.

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft’s beta is really in full swing and now the players are starting to get into strategizing. The beauty of this game right now if that you can compare it to when Magic the Gathering was first released. There are only 381 cards right now. You do not have to look at the massive expansions over the years to jump in and have a good time. A lot of people might be put off by the in game store and paying to get all the good cards. While this aspect is true, there are still a few ways to be competitive on a budget. It you played a Hunter in WoW, if you dig Rexxar, and if you only have a few bucks, then an “Unleash the Hounds” deck is for you. 

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Hearthstone: Unleash the Hounds.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    The artwork on the main page for this topic, showing 2 women and using the title "unleash the hounds" could easily be classed as the summation of lowbrow journalism.
  • comet4141comet4141 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I hope this game is as deep as Combat Monsters... the strategy shown above seems like it would be fun to try I'm just not sure the game is as strategic as i like. I will definitely give a hunter deck a try though!
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Your hunter build is weak, very weak compared to mine. I have an odd play style and have a very unconventional style/build.  However my Hunter deck is my fav deck, then my Warlock deck and they are both great for my style.  My hunter deck probably wins 85% of the time and my Warlock deck is at about 98% wins.

I don't want to divulge my cards as I have yet to play anyone else or find a strategy with my particular setup and I would prefer to keep it that way.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Betaguy

Your hunter build is weak, very weak compared to mine. I have an odd play style and have a very unconventional style/build.  However my Hunter deck is my fav deck, then my Warlock deck and they are both great for my style.  My hunter deck probably wins 85% of the time and my Warlock deck is at about 98% wins.

I don't want to divulge my cards as I have yet to play anyone else or find a strategy with my particular setup and I would prefer to keep it that way.

Accuses author of having a weak deck, then refuses to share his own. Irony.

You run two standard rush decks, stop acting like you have constructed some magical deck that nobody else runs.

Let me guess, you probably think your amazing because you made it to Master 3? Right?

Comical response is comical. Constructed is preschool compared to Arena.

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483
    Originally posted by jeeshadow
    the website title is MMORPG.com.....

Yes, over the years this site has become an "anything goes" gaming site.

It's been said before, but they really should just change their name and be done with it.  This is because true MMORPG games would not generate enough traffic for them.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

I play Unleasher too, similar deck to this one http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/9792970274

Mostly 70% win rate. But, nerf inc. :)

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

This is amazing.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Awesome game, love playing it.
  • garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284
    Originally posted by MikeB

This is amazing.

Yo Mike, I gots this insane build....its unorthodox...no uncanny...it breaks all the play styles I have seen and wins 99% of the time...but you cannot see it sorry...I dont share my cards...like my french fries.

:p 
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Centhan

It's been said before, but they really should just change their name and be done with it.  This is because true MMORPG games would not generate enough traffic for them.

That, and MMORPGs/MMOs come in many different shapes and sizes these days.  We're covering everything, and the new site will allow you to hide what you don't care for too.  But, really... can't you just SKIP articles you have no interest in?  I'd think it'd be a better use of time than climbing in and posting about the ones you don't want to see.  :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by comet4141
    I hope this game is as deep as Combat Monsters... the strategy shown above seems like it would be fun to try I'm just not sure the game is as strategic as i like. I will definitely give a hunter deck a try though!

I'm interested in giving that game a spin

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-combat-monsters/

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by garrett

This is amazing.

Yo Mike, I gots this insane build....its unorthodox...no uncanny...it breaks all the play styles I have seen and wins 99% of the time...but you cannot see it sorry...I dont share my cards...like my french fries.

Oh you!

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    My favorite deck is my Warlock deck. I like rushing with demons and taking chunks out of my opponent, even though I take damage in doing so. Saving up for that Jaraxxus card is a bitch though!! Lol
  • SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by Kost

Accuses author of having a weak deck, then refuses to share his own. Irony.

You run two standard rush decks, stop acting like you have constructed some magical deck that nobody else runs.

Let me guess, you probably think your amazing because you made it to Master 3? Right?

Comical response is comical. Constructed is preschool compared to Arena.

Exactly. This is really hilarious!

• WardexWardexWardexWardex Member Posts: 1

Unleash the Hounds deck and Hunter in general are about to get a huge nerf.  Even so, the current Unleash OTK deck is still just a coinflip win/lose against experienced players (if not more often a loss).

All of that being said:  I can agree that until the nerf, this could still be a decent/cheap starter deck for beginner players.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by garrett

This is amazing.

Ha, you are all chumps with weak ass decks.  My super duper awesome deck only requires 3 cards, a spool of green thread, a bag of Doritos and a fully shorn donkey.  I can't reveal any more than that because its a highly guarded secret but I win 137% of the time with this deck.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Centhan

That, and MMORPGs/MMOs come in many different shapes and sizes these days.  We're covering everything, and the new site will allow you to hide what you don't care for too.  But, really... can't you just SKIP articles you have no interest in?  I'd think it'd be a better use of time than climbing in and posting about the ones you don't want to see.  :)

I have respect for you and your site, and I'm honestly not trying to hijack this thread.  I actually DO have interest in Hearthstone, been in the beta for about a month.  I was just responding to what someone said (and rightfully so) that the site IS called MMORPG.  If you want to show other types of games that come nowhere close to that definition, fine, it's your site.

However, please don't seriously try to make me believe that two people playing a card game can very easily be defined as a MMORPG because MMORPGs come in "different shapes and sizes".  Am I supposed to believe it's MMO because thousands upon thousands of people are playing it at the same time, and it's RPG because I'm pretending to be the Novice Engineer I just played?  Come on...that's really a stretch.

• ghettocelebghettoceleb Member UncommonPosts: 104
    My win to loss ratio is probably terrible, but it is still pretty fun to play.
  • MassManMassMan Member UncommonPosts: 10

Wondering why you post a frontpage guide on a strategy that will be nerfed soon. It's ridiculous that your opponent can go from zero minions to +4 minions that can attack instantly because of hounds card.

So yeah. Good job spreading a cheap (in multiple senses of the word) tactic that blizzard has announced will be nerfed soon because it's ridiculous. 

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    @massman, the only nerf they announced was to buzzard making it a 2/1, which isnt really a nerf, they never said they were nerfing release the hounds, they said it would be "changed"
  • thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by MassMan

Wondering why you post a frontpage guide on a strategy that will be nerfed soon. It's ridiculous that your opponent can go from zero minions to +4 minions that can attack instantly because of hounds card.

So yeah. Good job spreading a cheap (in multiple senses of the word) tactic that blizzard has announced will be nerfed soon because it's ridiculous. 

I was confused by this exact point.   Not to mention, this change is coming in less than 2 weeks.

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Lol a card game that is a basically a cash grab after their fail TCG in real life. There are many better alternatives out there and the best in my opinion is Magic the gathering online. Don't just play this game because its linked to WoW.

MurderHerd

• KalestonKaleston Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by IsilithTehroth
    Lol a card game that is a basically a cash grab after their fail TCG in real life. There are many better alternatives out there and the best in my opinion is Magic the gathering online. Don't just play this game because its linked to WoW.

This game is MUCH lighter than MTG. It also uses much different mechanics (damage is not removed every round, you can't defend with any monster). If anything this is very similar to shadow era. If anyone played both of those (shadow era and heartstone), can you give insight which you think is better or how both of them feel?

• Val-GaavVal-Gaav Member UncommonPosts: 9

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Rush creature decks are the cheesiest in this game and will win most time

Which makes it inferior to MTG for now

Wanna wait and see for more cards

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence