Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Obsidian Sanctum Preview Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

BogOtter has posted an interesting look at some of the content that players will see in the next Guild Wars 2 content update, Fractured. In this particular video, he takes a look at the Obsidian Sanctum jumping puzzle that is currently in the Edge of Mists beta. The content is not under NDA so check it out and leave your thoughts in the comments.

This new area is designed so players who are interested in guild vs. guild battles have a place to engage in that type of gameplay without waiting for queues to pop in the main WvW maps and without worrying about the Bloodlust buffs affecting the matches.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• I don't wanna wait... I want it now.
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I would also like to see areana's that you can vs people on your own server in duels or group fights. I would love to be able to duel Guildies and so on. Would also be nice if they added Guild halls or somthing aswell.
  • UgUgUgUgUgUg Member UncommonPosts: 81
    This is just  an spvp teaser to subtly try to get non pvp people interested in that idea as it bares hardly any resemblance to GW1 GVG objectives and rule sets.  Its also not a big enough area and needs more structures to fight around or on top of and capture points or some  similar objectives to boost players or just to gain winning points.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by sanshi44
    I would also like to see areana's that you can vs people on your own server in duels or group fights. I would love to be able to duel Guildies and so on. Would also be nice if they added Guild halls or somthing aswell.

Um....custom arenas have been in since ....shoot, 6 months?   And in them you can duel people in your own guild and/or other server members.  What more do you want?

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Originally posted by UgUgUg
    This is just  an spvp teaser to subtly try to get non pvp people interested in that idea as it bares hardly any resemblance to GW1 GVG objectives and rule sets.  Its also not a big enough area and needs more structures to fight around or on top of and capture points or some  similar objectives to boost players or just to gain winning points.

Um no, not spvp but WvW.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by UgUgUg

This is exatly what GvG people in GW2 have been asking for a long, long time now. It's practically a tailor made arena for GvG guilds.

• Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99

GvG's are finally in GW2! omg, i might play now

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by fallen567

GvG's are finally in GW2! omg, i might play now

Keep in mind it's still not structured or restricted in any way. It's a WvW area where anyone can enter and interfere if they so choose. Of course, the guilds can police the area themselves, as it has one long corridor leading to it which can be easily guarded.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well that space is just too wide open a type of arena but more like the old Gladiator days than anything useful that i would want to pvp in.I like pvp in an arena but with obstacles and cover and zaxis fighting,not flat wide open space.

Probably just the video but the graphic quality looks bad,terrible view distance.

I think this actually supports what i have said before,creating pvp instances takes so little effort by the developer,a decent mapper could make that in one day,that is ONE guy no team.

Want to see what one guy did for the IOS a MUCH more difficult task and he spent a month on it.I say a month to point out that this was merely a demonstration effort and he put a lot of effort into it,.I would think if you are actually selling your product to people you would put at least the same kind of effort into it.

EFFORT

There is literally no movers,no animations,no levels,no particles,no nothing in that arena map by Arena net.Even the giant pillars can just click copy and paste as they are all the same.You could seriously just make a big square box and have the players fight in it,would accomplish the exact same thing,this was imo at least a very poor effort.

If you don' but my opinion,then get a real quality mapper from the community to weigh in here,heck mmorpg should have a qualified staff member to chime in.This effort if on a mapping community site would probably rate in around a 1/10.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.