Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get banned on the forums.

TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

#1 is a post that was ended up with being banned on the GW2 forums. #2 and 3 are the other posts allowing them to do the temp ban.

1. To Whom it may concern;

Please show up to entertain us even though we have already won the season.

Your friend;
Blackgate

2. Due to your post referring to an already deleted post, your post was deleted as well. Please be aware that message only served the purpose of informing you why your post was removed and does not affect your forum account in any way.

3. Due to your post referring to an already deleted post, your post was deleted as well. Please be aware that message only served the purpose of informing you why your post was removed and does not affect your forum account in any way.

The posts referred to in #2 and 3 show the "point per tic" of a server atm of posting.

Apparently posting the ppt of a server is bannable.

Comments

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by TalulaRose

Your friend;
    Blackgate

2. Due to your post referring to an already deleted post, your post was deleted as well. Please be aware that message only served the purpose of informing you why your post was removed and does not affect your forum account in any way.

3. Due to your post referring to an already deleted post, your post was deleted as well. Please be aware that message only served the purpose of informing you why your post was removed and does not affect your forum account in any way.

#1 was my post.

Don't have a clue what 2 and 3 are about to be honest. Seems the mod was mad because he also plays on Blackgate and just wanted to ban me.

Your thread makes no sense.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283

The joy of forums, they are ultimately beyond our control unless we are the mods, then we get to do dumb things!

I have been playing gw2 since release but have never used that forum!

Been banned here a few times...

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Your friend;
    Blackgate

#1 was my post.

Don't have a clue what 2 and 3 are about to be honest. Seems the mod was mad because he also plays on Blackgate and just wanted to ban me.

Your thread makes no sense.

I think that was their point!

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Repeatedly disregarding the forum rules is bannable.

• lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by zasten

The joy of forums, they are ultimately beyond our control unless we are the mods, then we get to do dumb things!

I take it as a point of pride that I have been banned here (MMORPG.com) 4 times since joining....many years ago.

I'm just that shallow and immature....obviously.

None the less...I stand here before you a proud man.

That is all.

Move along now.

Stop staring at the emotionally stunted over the hill gamer.

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

#1 is a post that was ended up with being banned on the GW2 forums. #2 and 3 are the other posts allowing them to do the temp ban.

Your friend;
    Blackgate

The posts referred to in #2 and 3 show the "point per tic" of a server atm of posting.

You weren't banned. You responded to a post that was deleted, therefore your response to the deleted post was also deleted. Common practice there.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Originally posted by Volkon

Your friend;
    Blackgate

You weren't banned. You responded to a post that was deleted, therefore your response to the deleted post was also deleted. Common practice there.

You have recieved 1 Infraction Point. Infraction points may cause loss of privileges, including forum suspension.

• Your message was deleted.
    • You have been suspended from the forums until November 22nd, 2013 04:34 +0000.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

You make an inflammatory post with no substance for the sole purpose of trolling and baiting others, and you wonder why you're banned from the forums?   

Do you ever think before you speak publicly?  Because on the forums it doesn't seem to be the case.   Just as these forums, so are other ones:  don't post "flame bait", don't troll, and don't be a tool.    It's simple etiquette that anyone can follow. 

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    I can't believe you think getting banned for essentially saying "We are better then everyone, but come and give us free Wxp and loot" is a big surprise. That is pretty offensive. Also, you didn't get banned. I hate to tell you this, but that is what we like to call a suspension. Bans are when you can never post again. 
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Your post was just baiting, derogatory yadayada, you're lucky you weren't banned in game, or maybe we're just unlucky. Keep up the good work and you'll get there eventually.

imageimage
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Volkon

Your friend;
    Blackgate

You have recieved 1 Infraction Point. Infraction points may cause loss of privileges, including forum suspension.

• Your message was deleted.
    • You have been suspended from the forums until November 22nd, 2013 04:34 +0000.

Oh would you look at that. Well, you didn't post that originally, but keep in mind one point alone isn't enough to get you banned. You received multiple point infractions.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by lttexxan
    Originally posted by zasten

I take it as a point of pride that I have been banned here (MMORPG.com) 4 times since joining....many years ago.

I'm just that shallow and immature....obviously.

None the less...I stand here before you a proud man.

That is all.

Move along now.

Stop staring at the emotionally stunted over the hill gamer.

Only 4 times ? noob :)

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    All I know is that if I was a forum mod and had to deal with online gamers, it would be an absolute reign of terror. Nazi mods? You ain't seen nothing. There would be 100x more bannings than you've ever seen in your lives.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    @OP, i think it's silly they suspended you for that, but it's their forum, so just avoid them like i do.  I actually got an infraction several weeks ago, because i accused someone claiming to be a "victim".  Apparently that's against the rules.  It's even written on their list of rules, which is ridiculous.  Why is everyone so offended and insensitive these days?  /rant
  • xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141

1.  First off, you were trolling and it was not the most mature post.

2.  I do not see why they would suspend you for something something so trivial.  BG truly is the best wvw server well known fact, but if that  offends people dear God please help us.

3.  Personally, if I do not like something I do continue to read and if I do continue read its blah w/e dude.

4.  People really need to thicken their skins and not allow others to affect them.  This is a game :)

5.  I try to be even more mindful when posting on forums, because the internet is forever and things like fb and such are being looked at by employers and others.  Who knows maybe some day they'll even do background checks that include looking at forums you registered to.  Truth be told your behavior on forums and in game is a reflection of who you are.

in the end you got suspended from the forums for a few days... I am surprised you put the effort into making this post and now I am responding to this haha :p

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• ChocoRAWChocoRAW Member Posts: 3

Checking topic cause there is friend some dragon considering uber in GW2? And now seeing this.

There is many people who are getting away with (insert name)[insult]{anti-social words)[flamebait substance] within GW2. I got for one just got banned cause of those player personal attacking me over each topic. Nvm I fixed by taking advantage of their orchestra attack global elite named Clinton who is a hater on me at past making himself a fool in closed topic now a matter of falldown for U.S.(Oh I have thanks to a hater who got kicked from best team on PSOBB and try to hunt us being a moderator after 6 year). And they are one introduced with those americunt bs internet social with the word called troll. Even more funny since they introduction those teacher so claimed pioneer to foreign country alien people.

O btw who don't know global elite, they are so claimed rich people, use NSA to take care people who interfere or dont like them, introduced those so called (insert color) hats hacking group to deploys digital hacks which respond to NSA as evident. I have to thx for Obama telling me that.

Wondering today GW2 forum still going on with warriors. If you want to counter them badly call them peasant + they brain usage will be dropped by 1 % up to minium 7 %(and can't never raise) and that is considering for a god.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by ChocoRAW

Checking topic cause there is friend some dragon considering uber in GW2? And now seeing this.

There is many people who are getting away with (insert name)[insult]{anti-social words)[flamebait substance] within GW2. I got for one just got banned cause of those player personal attacking me over each topic. Nvm I fixed by taking advantage of their orchestra attack global elite named Clinton who is a hater on me at past making himself a fool in closed topic now a matter of falldown for U.S.(Oh I have thanks to a hater who got kicked from best team on PSOBB and try to hunt us being a moderator after 6 year). And they are one introduced with those americunt bs internet social with the word called troll. Even more funny since they introduction those teacher so claimed pioneer to foreign country alien people.

O btw who don't know global elite, they are so claimed rich people, use NSA to take care people who interfere or dont like them, introduced those so called (insert color) hats hacking group to deploys digital hacks which respond to NSA as evident. I have to thx for Obama telling me that.

Wondering today GW2 forum still going on with warriors. If you want to counter them badly call them peasant + they brain usage will be dropped by 1 % up to minium 7 %(and can't never raise) and that is considering for a god.

I can't even tell if this is wrong.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Banquetto
    All I know is that if I was a forum mod and had to deal with online gamers, it would be an absolute reign of terror. Nazi mods? You ain't seen nothing. There would be 100x more bannings than you've ever seen in your lives.

ROFL, that would be me totally.  If anyone foolishly gave me power I'd wield it like a scythe, and the tears would fall everywhere.

Best if that never happens. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• nytemarehnytemareh Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

uuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm.............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......image

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

I think someone just failed the Turing Test.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by dancingstar

I think someone just failed the Turing Test.

We may be wittnessing the beginning of a new era of memory leaks.

• ChocoRAWChocoRAW Member Posts: 3

2 Person who are respectable members by global elite which is actually disorder who got the highest spy program so-called NSA to boot yet cant avoid Boston Bombing. Same kind fit the same stupidly. Cause they are dumb they try to respond intellegence person such as ''turing test''(again a americunt word) typical expected behavoir and their method of derailing topic once again by personal attack people.

Originally posted by greenreen

I don't usually read this forum but came through tonight.

I got infracted too for posting the score once. I'm officially banned because of all my infractions. You can go back to the end of my history and read the ones I could recover that weren't deleted. I couldn't login on the forum at all once banned because mine was permanent. I didn't get a short term ban - my first was forever lol

So yeah, posting numbers will get you in trouble but not everyone - I don't understand those Arenanet people at all. I think it's much easier just to never buy anything from them again and sever the ties. For the record, this was not what got me perma-banned. That was afterward because of my many infractions.

This was my post, no showboating, no snarky comment. I don't even remember if we were leading or losing. Just every few hours someone would post the scores and I had watched others do it so I thought I was slacking for not contributing at some point when I had the day off and was playing.

This was the exact post which was infracted below.

Update of numbers. 8:30am EST.
    [screenshot image]

I even kept a screen of the ban because it's the first time I have ever been banned from a forum in oh say, 20 years of internet usage. I think the word "blatant" made me giggle so that's what made it fun enough to keep. Ooo I'm trouble, look out, demon on the move here.

It says

You are Banned

Due to a blatant disregard to abide the Code of Conduct, your forum privileges have been permanently revoked.

Guild Wars 2 attacked esport team players from Guild Wars 1 siding with forum resident, who them are global elite cause they didn't get infraction in their widespot forum history. Also they removed ranking on GW1(yes I am running character ''Magnus of Avatar'' who rank 1 on monk). Suspecting everywhere.

Also launched today game didn't know how slugfest the fps become with gtx680 lightning and overclock i7 4.5ghz which tuned the pc for optimal low dpc latency gaming. It say this game pretty much into direction of marketing purpose and the highwire interfere global elite. Well since it is americunt game it is expected anyway. New generation of turing test global elite personality forum occupied indeed.

I now glad now currently playing a japanese game cause global elite people can only QQ without having moderator on their side so you are freely to attack them personally on ingame.

• uknortherneruknortherner Member Posts: 16
    and in English?
This discussion has been closed.