Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Closed Beta Coming 'Soon'

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Friends & Family portion of the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls closed beta is underway. The team is reminding folks hoping to get into the wider closed beta to opt in via the account management page. There is no specific date set for the closed beta.

Reaper of Souls Closed Beta Coming Soon

Our Friends and Family Beta is just the first step of public testing, and by the end of the year we will be moving into Closed Beta. Since our Reaper of Souls Closed Beta test will also feature all content in the expansion (again, excluding the final boss fight), invitations will be extremely limited. However, we’ll continue handpicking community members to invite to the Closed Beta and bringing in additional players through opt-ins to ensure that all of our features like the Crusader, Mystic, and Adventure Mode get the testing they deserve.

If you’re interested in participating in the Reaper of Souls Closed Beta, please make sure you’ve opted-in for beta testing. You can do this by adjusting your Beta Profile Settings under the Account Management section of your Battle.net Account. Please note that opting in to the Reaper of Souls Closed Beta will not guarantee you access, but it will at least give you a chance at joining our beta test.

Public Test Region Access Also Coming Soon

Around the same time we begin our Reaper of Souls Closed Beta, we will also be launching our Public Test Region (PTR) for Patch 2.0.1! This patch will feature updates including Paragon 2.0, Loot 2.0, our new difficulty system, the addition of Clans and Communities, as well as balancing and tuning for all five Diablo III classes.

Anyone with the Battle.net Desktop App and Diablo III license will be able to participate in PTR testing. If don't already have the Battle.net App, you can download and install it by clicking the button below.

Download the Battle.net App

We'll have more information on how to access the Public Test Region when it launches. In the meantime, if you'd like more information on the Battle.net App, check out our FAQ and be sure to send us your feedback using the Battle.net App Open Beta Forum.

We're incredibly excited about kicking off our public tests for Reaper of Souls, and look forward to collecting your feedback. The End of Days is coming!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Excellent. Hopefully I get in...

If not, the test realm should provide a welcome glimpse of the goodness to come.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906

Is there an NDA on this beta? We have about 8 people from ages 12-40 looking for a game. Right now its gonna be POE due to lack of quality mmo's.

It would be nice if a kind gamer could give me the thumbs up or down so I can scratch Diablo w/ expansion off the list or put it at the top:)

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• bibensdbibensd Member UncommonPosts: 58
    hopefully itll be good, suprisingly i never bought diablo 3, took so long to launch that i lost interest entirely.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by FinalFikus

Is there an NDA on this beta? We have about 8 people from ages 12-40 looking for a game. Right now its gonna be POE due to lack of quality mmo's.

It would be nice if a kind gamer could give me the thumbs up or down so I can scratch Diablo w/ expansion off the list or put it at the top:)

Don't know, but seeing as how RoS isn't going to be out until March 2014 at the earliest, you may as well start playing PoE. Despite the fact I feel D3 is a better game overall, PoE does do some things well.

The leagues & races can be fun, and unless you absolutely suck you'll most likely end up with some decent loot for your trouble.

The active part of the skill system can get interesting once you start linking up gems to each other (for example, my ice spear spell can not only freeze mobs, but set them on fire. Good times!). The passive tree though is still a weak link IMO, and is big & complex looking for the sake of being big & complex looking.

Plus it's free. So even if you hate it, all you've lost is a couple hours of your time.

I recommend checking out Marvel Heroes as well. It's improved greatly since release, enough so that I've done a complete 180 on my opinion of the game & spent more money than I'd care to admit publicly on the game. It's also free, so again nothing but time is lost if it's not to your liking.

@Bibensd: It did take too long. I think that's also part of the reason why people had such high & unrealistic expectations for the game. If you watch the very early previews (which got people all hyped up), you'll see that probably 85 - 90% of what was shown made it into the game, and the art style was exactly the same (yet nobody complained).

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

Originally posted by Solar_Prophet
    Originally posted by FinalFikus

Don't know, but seeing as how RoS isn't going to be out until March 2014 at the earliest, you may as well start playing PoE. Despite the fact I feel D3 is a better game overall, PoE does do some things well.

The leagues & races can be fun, and unless you absolutely suck you'll most likely end up with some decent loot for your trouble.

The active part of the skill system can get interesting once you start linking up gems to each other (for example, my ice spear spell can not only freeze mobs, but set them on fire. Good times!). The passive tree though is still a weak link IMO, and is big & complex looking for the sake of being big & complex looking.

Plus it's free. So even if you hate it, all you've lost is a couple hours of your time.

I recommend checking out Marvel Heroes as well. It's improved greatly since release, enough so that I've done a complete 180 on my opinion of the game & spent more money than I'd care to admit publicly on the game. It's also free, so again nothing but time is lost if it's not to your liking.

@Bibensd: It did take too long. I think that's also part of the reason why people had such high & unrealistic expectations for the game. If you watch the very early previews (which got people all hyped up), you'll see that probably 85 - 90% of what was shown made it into the game, and the art style was exactly the same (yet nobody complained).

Thanks for the reply. A couple of us have already played POE and have Char in the 50-70 level range. But we didn't have that much fun playing together. Still it's better than most mmo's and from those that have played diablo3 say POE is better overall too, which is why it's our choice right now.  Not a better game, just a better experience if ya know what I mean.

If the diablo expansion brings back the old school feel for lack of a better description, then we'll probably just wait since that's more of what we're looking for. I was just wondering if the expansion will put diablo back where it should be, or if POE is still a better value. Money really isn't a deciding factor, the better game is.

Marvel heroes? I dunno about that one. Maybe ill look at it.

Again, thanks for the input.

• TwigmansamTwigmansam Member Posts: 10
    There's no NDA for it. Diablo fans website has been streaming it since they got their key. It also says that in the link, but must have scrolled past it.
  • Sh0ckwavezSh0ckwavez Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...
    Originally posted by Twigmansam
    There's no NDA for it. Diablo fans website has been streaming it since they got their key. It also says that in the link, but must have scrolled past it.

I didn't click on anything sorry.

Are you able to answer any of my questions?

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Woohoo! If I don't get in the closed beta, I atleast get to try out Loot 2.0 on the PTR! Woohoo!
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    One thing Blizzard doesn't do it hide behind NDA's once public beta's happen.  I have yet to see this policy hurt them so I boggles my mind when other devs keep an NDA in place up to release day.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by expresso
    One thing Blizzard doesn't do it hide behind NDA's once public beta's happen.  I have yet to see this policy hurt them so I boggles my mind when other devs keep an NDA in place up to release day.

Blizzard always puts out a superior quality product and aren't afraid to show it off, I think. They know what works and tend to get it right the first time. Not many others can say the same.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

as excited iam for the expansion-and IAM!

iam not for beta.

beign that is only 'one act' -i dotn think my input in the beta for the devs would do anything since i never answer the questions or report the bugs.

besides itll gimmie sometime to play beta ESO!.....so, looking forward to the release of RoS!!!=see yah then!