Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Media] General: Gear Progression

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In our weekly comic, artist Blaz Klaric brings us his irreverent look into the foibles of the MMO worlds we love, and love to hate. Check out "Gear Progression" and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326
    Am I the only person who generally finds the low level armours more attractive than the absurd, drag-queen costumes you end up with at higher level in most MMO's? 
  • nathanknaacknathanknaack Level Designer - CCP GamesMember UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by LittleBoot
    Am I the only person who generally finds the low level armours more attractive than the absurd, drag-queen costumes you end up with at higher level in most MMO's? 

Nope.

First thing I did when WoW introduced transmogrification was to round up a full set of the most basic gear and turn all my high-end Liberace Halloween costume crap into normal-looking weapons and armor.

It's always bugged me that MMOs make high-level characters all look like 8-year-old kids in anime-themed pajamas or basement-dwelling nerds waltzing around in GWAR LARP garb.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

It all depends on personal taste.  Play with what you like.  I personally like the eye candy in TERA, which is why all four of my level 60's are Casti females... ^^  To each their own.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Try playing a Sith Sorceror in SWTOR. At the initial end game, all sorcerors had to wear awful Pope hats. Not Sithy at all!

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Originally posted by Pigglesworth
    Try playing a Sith Sorceror in SWTOR. At the initial end game, all sorcerors had to wear awful Pope hats. Not Sithy at all!

Are you sure? image

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399

No, but then I never loved Dynasty and I always hated panto. The notion that great power must manifest itself in the enormity of one's shoulderpads doesnt really work for me. I often keep my low level stuff and equip it as cosmetic armour.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Originally posted by Kaerigan

Are you sure? image

• LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by itbewilly

Are you sure? image

That is bloody funny. 

• SandricSandric Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by itbewilly

Are you sure? image

That is bloody funny. 

Excuse me while I hump your leg

Major or Current Characters
    AC - The Brute lvl 85 macer -HG (retired)
    SWG - Lihone Su'alkn Master Ranger/ MCH - Flurry (Retired)
    EVE - Sulone - Cruiser Lover (Retired)
    LOTRO - Sandric lvl 50 Burg (and others)- Brandywine (Retired)
    GW2 - Sandric lvl 80 Thief - Dragonbrand (Retired)
    NeverWinter - Sandric lvl 60 Rogue - Dragonshard (Retired)
    Archage - Sandric lvl 50 everything - Naima (Active)
    Others (Lots) (Retired)

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Clever!
  • deerstopdeerstop Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Lol totally with you,  I hate armoured bras!