Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which mmorpg has the most fun pvp currently?

StonedApeStonedApe Member UncommonPosts: 12
The last time I thoroughly enjoyed pvp in a mmorpg was ultima online. Since then I've played a little bit of the new and old darkfall (I couldn't really get into either game), some WOW, and some GW2 (never really pvp'd in the game though, lost interest).

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Age of Conan Unchained IMO.

• ZaeluceZaeluce Member UncommonPosts: 29
  • GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

WoW, Rift, etc. are all pretty much a joke when it comes to PvP, at least where player skill is concerned. Darkfall was fun for a while, as was GW2, but I get my PvP fix on a UO classic shard (there's one which has a good population and PvP ruleset) and Planetside 2 or other FPS type game.

Fallen Earth was also fun for a long time, I really like the FPS/MMO hybrid route. Sadly I haven't played recently so can't give a complete endorsement but it might be worth looking into.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

Try mortal online as close to ultima as u can ge
  • StonedApeStonedApe Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by Zaeluce
    Try mortal online as close to ultima as u can ge

Has the game been fixed? The last time I looked into it I was told it was very glitchy, and watched a few videos that proved it to be.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Consider DARK AGE OF CAMELOT
    Game has improved tons still needs work but heading in right direction
  • Vorpal.RendVorpal.Rend Member UncommonPosts: 80

I have JUST started playing Mortal Online. i will honstly say its one of the best games i have played and PvP is a weird ass situation.

Concider this: Elder Scrolls..... Open world with no true idea whats around you.

Problem? PLAYERS ARE THE ENEMIES AND ALLIES!

Now if you see someone looking at you with a drawn sword, do you stop to ask questions or draw and attack as fast as you can with no holds bar and hope to god you can win the fight.

THATS WHAT THIS GAME IS LIKE AND I LOVE IT!

Death is severly punished and i think thats just awesome. brings a real desire to survive to the game.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Originally posted by sharadenteh

I have JUST started playing Mortal Online. i will honstly say its one of the best games i have played and PvP is a weird ass situation.

Concider this: Elder Scrolls..... Open world with no true idea whats around you.

Problem? PLAYERS ARE THE ENEMIES AND ALLIES!

Now if you see someone looking at you with a drawn sword, do you stop to ask questions or draw and attack as fast as you can with no holds bar and hope to god you can win the fight.

THATS WHAT THIS GAME IS LIKE AND I LOVE IT!

Death is severly punished and i think thats just awesome. brings a real desire to survive to the game.

Really tried to give this game a fair shot about a year ago. Then I died, and respawned in some random place I had never been. It was night outside and my screen was gray from death. I literally could not see or find  anything I was just lost. Nowhere near my corpse, and no clue how to get back to it. Ran around for an hour. Gave up, and never went back. 

I think death should be penalized, and I actually liked the systems.. but if you're going to make me corpse run, at least allow me to find the damn thing again.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    I like playing SMITE currently although its not really an RPG.
  • TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by csthao
    I like playing SMITE currently although its not really an RPG.

Nor is it an MMO.

Planetside 2 and Darkfall are easily the best PvP games for action on the market. Eve for politics.

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Wow arena. Gw 2 spvp. Imho.

• StonedApeStonedApe Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I think I might try to give Mortal Online a shot. I'm far from a graphics whore (re-subbed and played Ultima Online for a few months recently), but the graphics of Mortal Online are rough to say the least.
  • TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by StonedApe
    I think I might try to give Mortal Online a shot. I'm far from a graphics whore (re-subbed and played Ultima Online for a few months recently), but the graphics of Mortal Online are rough to say the least.

If you like the MO gameplay but desire more polish, try Darkfall Unholy Wars