Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for pve based mmo

Jasper300Jasper300 Member Posts: 62

Hey guys,

I'm currently playing guild wars 2 and I am enjoying it a lot. But I'd like to see what else is out there that is active and fun.

Can anyone recommend any ?  

Comments

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 540

Istaria. PvE (you won't find any PvP here) with a vast system of combat and crafting school. Economy is pure player-driven, no "da best shiny armour for just 99,99$". Multi-classing allowed: you can finish all combat/crafting schools, though only one can be active at one time.

You can also play as a Dragon and roam the skies while preparing yourself for Adult or Ancient rite of passage.

Play type: f2p and p2p. f2p - you play only human, cannot own land plot. p2p - you can be of any race and own a land plot (one per account).

Back in time, I would reccomend Lotro...but I am not sure what it would become after Helms Deep expansion.

P.S. I would like to find some game too. PvE (sorry, don't want my lvl.9 toon to be killed by lvl.99 toon for eternity), deep crafting and, of course, f2p.

• Jasper300Jasper300 Member Posts: 62
    Is it still active ?
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Lord of the Rings Online

Dungeons & Dragons Online

Champions Online

Age of Conan

All F2P and my favorites.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Lord of the Rings Online

Champions Online

Age of Conan

+ TSW and STO, and the list is full ;)

cool, thanks guys.

So ive tried a few of those and so far DDO has been my favorite. The gameplay and dialogue definitely immersed me into the game.

What is STO ?

Anyone know of an mmorpg that is similar to DDO but newer ?
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    STO is Star Trek. DDO has some pretty unique mechanics, I'm not sure if there's a game similar to DDO just newer.
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 872
    Ya I would suggest Lord of the Rings it is a lot of fun and you can check it out for free.

Thanks guys,

will try out lotro

Originally posted by Po_gg

Lord of the Rings Online

Champions Online

Age of Conan

Yeah, I'm waiting on TSW to be on sale on Steam again, I missed it last time.  Forgot about STO, nice add to the list.

• Vaske1984Vaske1984 Member Posts: 228

Lord of the Rings Online

Champions Online

Age of Conan

Yeah, I'm waiting on TSW to be on sale on Steam again, I missed it last time.  Forgot about STO, nice add to the list.

You can buy TSW on a discount from http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/The-Secret-World.html for 13.95 euro, i bought many games from them and they are really nice and professional site.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

Vanguard is without a doubt the best PvE MMO on the market, if you like exploring virtual worlds rather than following linear quests.

The dungeons are vast and harder than anything in any AAA MMO of the last 10 years.

Originally posted by Vaske1984

Lord of the Rings Online

Champions Online

Age of Conan

You can buy TSW on a discount from http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/The-Secret-World.html for 13.95 euro, i bought many games from them and they are really nice and professional site.

Thanks for the heads up.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

Vanguard is without a doubt the best PvE MMO on the market, if you like exploring virtual worlds rather than following linear quests.

The dungeons are vast and harder than anything in any AAA MMO of the last 10 years.

I agree 100%, although EQ2 is right up there as well. When you play through Vanguards vast group dungeons it's actually pitiful seeing what games like FFXIV ARR and GW2 or anyone of those games offer up as dungeons lol.

They are like fed-x conveyor belts talking 2 hours where some of Vanguards group dungeons take days and are far more entertaining.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

I agree 100%, although EQ2 is right up there as well. When you play through Vanguards vast group dungeons it's actually pitiful seeing what games like FFXIV ARR and GW2 or anyone of those games offer up as dungeons lol.

They are like fed-x conveyor belts talking 2 hours where some of Vanguards group dungeons take days and are far more entertaining.

so sad, but so true.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Awesome,

so heres a new question:

EQ2 or Vanguard  ?

If You like EQ2:

what is the Best class/race for starters ?

If you think Vanguard:

what is Best class/race for starters ?

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159

1: swtor this is the best part of the game if you ask me  the new raids is realy well done

2: lotro

3: age of conan

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Lithuanian

Istaria. PvE (you won't find any PvP here) with a vast system of combat and crafting school. Economy is pure player-driven, no "da best shiny armour for just 99,99$". Multi-classing allowed: you can finish all combat/crafting schools, though only one can be active at one time.

You can also play as a Dragon and roam the skies while preparing yourself for Adult or Ancient rite of passage.

Play type: f2p and p2p. f2p - you play only human, cannot own land plot. p2p - you can be of any race and own a land plot (one per account).

Back in time, I would reccomend Lotro...but I am not sure what it would become after Helms Deep expansion.

P.S. I would like to find some game too. PvE (sorry, don't want my lvl.9 toon to be killed by lvl.99 toon for eternity), deep crafting and, of course, f2p.

That actually sounds kind of cool,sort of what i like but the dragon idea is plain bad,like really bad.I remember a game years ago that did that Horizons and it was pretty much 90% all dragons,it ruined the entire game and it died very shortly there after.

Still i will check this game out myself.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by aspekx
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

so sad, but so true.

Yes FFXIV really went downhill from FFXI for dungeon creation,i don't know what happened but i feel they were looking for an easy concept to rush the original game out.

I enjoyed Eq2 and Vanguard a lot but both back in the day had a lot of early cheating which turned me off.When i returned to VG most players were gone  but EQ2 was still going well but started to dumb everything down,i assume ONLY to make developing easier,not for the good of the game.

However i might add that having a dungeon take forever to complete is not totally a good thing.EQ2 does not do it the way i like to see it done,they basically force you to kill every single last npc they put in there.FFFXI does it MUCH better,they allow you to avoid confrontations albeit still risky as heck because in FFXi you can't afford a multiple encounter like you can in VG or EQ2.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Jasper300

Awesome,

so heres a new question:

EQ2 or Vanguard  ?

If You like EQ2:

what is the Best class/race for starters ?

If you think Vanguard:

what is Best class/race for starters ?

Vanguard has some of the most unique and fun classes in the industry. I never played casters before but I loved the Druid, and the Blood Mage is incredibly fresh feeling. You can solo with just about any class, but the joy of Vanguard's dungeons are doing them with people. But the world is fun to explore on your own.

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Ya I would put SWTOR up there as well.  The group content is pretty good but the solo class/world questlines are it's bread and butter.  If no SWTOR, then I would next try EQ2.