Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you trust this.....

Comments

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

I don't trust anyone who isn't pretty.

This is why I promote people based on prettyness alone. Well, that and a firm handshake. When a pretty person firmly shakes my hand, I know that this is the guy who is a top notch programmer.

P.S. And that's how everyone else does it. Looks and ability to brownnose trump achievements every time. Suck to be you, uglies.

• VermilioNomyVermilioNomy Member Posts: 32

2 ways to see that person...

One scary fake-smiling person.

Or someone that really enjoys w/e he's doing for work? thought it's hard to see whether or not it's an earnest smile or not.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Aldous.Huxley
    Is it just me or is he at a restroom urinal?

^ lol

On Topic no, I don't trust him. He does seem like a good fellow tho.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Attacking someone on his physical aspect... fantastic.

I resisted the urge to post a photo of Stephen Hawkins... someone like the OP would obviously not understand.

Human nature, if it wont be attacking it will be humping.. Its all bout the physical!!

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by maskcep
    He looks like a bicycle seat sniffer.

Lol this thread/post is so funny, woke up and had me laughing xD

A little mean but OP is rocking a Joffrey profile afterall so it sort of fits!

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    He is smiling about how rich he going to get off this game.
  • BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    I trust a real picture more so than avatars...
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

I don't know...

Kids trusted this guy too and we all know what happend, right? :)

Someone slap some makeup on D.G.'s pic and it will be hella scary. :)

Anyways, great thread!

lol

• SteelhelmSteelhelm Member UncommonPosts: 332

I'm surprised how many people(%) trust him, though they don't probably know him at all. Suckers... :P

Talking about games where thousands of players exist simultaneously in a single instance and mechanics related to such games.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by Steelhelm

I'm surprised how many people(%) trust him, though they don't probably know him at all. Suckers... :P

Same is said for those that voted 'No', poll is flawed image

Most of us never see the other 95% of employees that make the MMOs we love, I don't have to trust in a face.  Oh, I get the joke and it's a spinoff of a comment but the OP in a previous thread.

In fairness....

If we're going to mock how someone looks shouldn't that person also show themselves?

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172

I resisted the urge to post a photo of Stephen Hawkins... someone like the OP would obviously not understand.

I agree. This thread must be a new low for MMORPG. Lets judge someone by a bad photo. Or even worst...lets judge a game by the look of one of it's dev's.

Are we back at highschool or something???

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498

As much as I love what they are apaprently attempting to do with EQ:N, I have to admit that I don't really trust Dave Georgeson.  I've seen other guys like that in similar positions who have nurtured the ability to always be bubbling over with enthusiasm about whatever it is they are talking about/selling.  Oh how they just wish they were allowed to tell you more!

It's a valuable skill to have, but it's also one you have to be wary of. 

In EQ2, you could watch your character age before your very eyes!  Oh my goodness! (Yeah that went over well).

Anyway, still a fan, just a cautious one.

• salaciouscrumbssalaciouscrumbs Member UncommonPosts: 169

Dave Georgeson reminds me of a cartoon character. Not sure if the resemblance will have any implications regarding EQN, of course . . . .  ::smiles::

In all seriousness, I disagree with Dave Georgeson on a number of things (like 95% of things). But I still like the guy. He's friendly and has a good presentation.

And no, I don't trust anyone working on EQnext at this point. Just gonna wait for results and parse reality from marketing when there's evidence to do so.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Why is this post still here?
  • salaciouscrumbssalaciouscrumbs Member UncommonPosts: 169
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

I'm honestly confused - why shouldn't it be? Some of the posts in this thread were hilarious.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by salaciouscrumbs

I'm honestly confused - why shouldn't it be? Some of the posts in this thread were hilarious.

I'm sorry you think this is your Facebook page where attacks on physical attributes and vans with vulgarity would be acceptable.

I'm sorry you think this is your Facebook page where attacks on physical attributes and vans with vulgarity would be acceptable.

Originally posted by Jeleena

I agree. This thread must be a new low for MMORPG. Lets judge someone by a bad photo. Or even worst...lets judge a game by the look of one of it's dev's.

Wait a minute.....are people actually taking this thread seriously?  Are these posters for real? LOL

Let's all take a step back and remember that this is the internet, and nobody really thinks he is a bicycle seat sniffer. xD

ps. I voted No- I would not trust his face ever! but I didn't really mean that- im still interested in the game o_O I'm sure he is a swell person INRL....cant judge him though, don't know em at all. :p

• DudehogDudehog Member Posts: 112
    I don't trust any gaming company that tries to sell me access to their game for 100 bucks before they even list the minimum system requirements. I realize that may sound naïve, but think about it. By not listing the minimum system specs, you can be sure there will be a percentage of your customers that buy a founders pack only to find out the game runs like crap or not at all on their pc. That's not good business. It's also not the sign of a company that's looking out for its playerbase.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Looks like the mean old lady that lived down the street when I was a kid always yelling at us when we walked by her house for no reason.
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Rigitdog

Originally posted by Jeleena

Wait a minute.....are people actually taking this thread seriously?  Are these posters for real? LOL

Let's all take a step back and remember that this is the internet, and nobody really thinks he is a bicycle seat sniffer. xD

ps. I voted No- I would not trust his face ever! but I didn't really mean that- im still interested in the game o_O I'm sure he is a swell person INRL....cant judge him though, don't know em at all. :p

your defense sounds vaguely familiar ... perhaps the 'high school' comments aren't so far off.

"hey we didn't mean those awful things we said! we're just kids! we can say whatever we want, because what we do means nothing."

nihilism wrapped in bullying humor. good show.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

your defense sounds vaguely familiar ... perhaps the 'high school' comments aren't so far off.

"hey we didn't mean those awful things we said! we're just kids! we can say whatever we want, because what we do means nothing."

You're comment is rubbing off on me in the wrong kinds of ways son, you're first mistake is assuming I'm playing on the defense, as that is not the case. Secondly did you seriously just send a hidden sneering comment towards me, including linking as well as labeling my words, as some type of a mere high-school flavor of internet bullying?

Listen here, and clear. Fool-ya fool. I'll write it to you almost like I would any high-schooling kid would understand, since it requires it here and now. I'm not agreeing with the people who have posted that they don't trust him, just because of his looks. In all honestly he looks like an honest person, and from watching the cast as they announced Everquest Next, I actually sort of became a slightly hidden fan of his.

If you read my comment you would understand that I was defending him, maybe not like the ones I quoted, but just in a different and more calm sort of way. Let me clarify on my wording, on my final sentence I said nobody can judge him since none of us know him. Including how can people take this seriously when the poster has Joffrey Baratheon as his profile picture from Game Of Thrones whom is the most evil bastard of a king if you watch the amazing show. I never implied anyone was wrong in defending him and his looks. I was just shocked at how serious people were to reacting towards this in such a serious way by Joffrey Baratheon.

After all it is a hilarious post, and quite a hilarious one at that. Thus it shouldn't be taken so seriously. Relax Bro!

But Really You Included. Are You For Real? I gave you an explanation, that even you can understand. =) Since you missed the target and misunderstood the meaning of my posts intentions. Have a Good Day Bastard Son of Joffrey Baratheon.

Edit (Defense Mode): I Voted No, Cause it didn't matter if I voted Yes or Not. BECUASE THE POLL IS NOT SERIOUSLY MEANING TO OFFEND OR ATTACK HIM ON HIS LOOKS, I will agree that some comments made here, weren't very nice and had flavor of high-school sillyness directed towards him. (Which none of mine did at all anyway)  I wouldn't defend anyone who is being mean to another on the internet for real, regardless of it just being the internet as I said in my post above. I just don't see this thread being taken seriously, which is why I didn't post seriously until now. I understand the OP and im sure it was only meant for some laughs and giggles. But I see where you're coming from and the others quoted.

Edit2: I forgive you for misreading. =)

Fool-ya Fool.

Now let's be chill and redirect your words towards the person responsible for making the thread, as well as the newly discovered recently made comments recorded just one day before he made this post.

ThunderC (OP) 11/16/2013 - http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6071575#6071575

"Im really looking foward to this game but i have to be honest, Everytime i see this guy with his plastic smile and 80's pony tail i feel like i cant trust this fraud or their company . I really hate his face lol"

"I just want to add im sure he is a decent person..... Its just his look"

One day later and this thread is created.

There you go! redirected your post toward the correct person. You're Most Welcome, Misdirected Civilian!

After discovering these words myself, I have to say that's a little messed up. I thought it was funny because It's a normal picture, with a normal looking dude smiling. So it caught me off guard in the morning. Didn't expect it! - Looks like the OP really does have something against the guy's looks.

Peace out

Fool-Ya Fool!@OP of course not the misguided civilian

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Why does this thread even exist still?

Can it either get locked for flamebait or trolling? Isn't this against the rules of conduct?

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828
    Originally posted by Deivos

Can it either get locked for flamebait or trolling? Isn't this against the rules of conduct?

That depends on moderator's whim. :) I've posted some time ago a post "you are all insane" in a thread where, I thought, it was thoroughly deserving, and got 30 days ban. But this is not a direct trolling, apparently.

Of course we all may pretend as much as we want, but faces and prettiness do matter for us. Studies show again and again that pretty faces are more trusted, their competence is apriory assumed, while, eh, homely faces are less trusted and need to jump above their head to prove basic competence. No need to pretend that it's some kind of outrage or news.

And, of course, the question "do you trust the developer" is perfectly normal. For example, I don't trust Peter Moulineux or Smedley, and it has nothing to do with their beauty. So the thread itself is not inherently illegal, so to say.

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Deivos

I tried to report the thread 2 days ago but it said it already was reported. Apparently bullying is now officially endorsed on this site.

I've seen threads being closed for not adding anything to the discussion. Apparently this thread is adding something usefull????

This discussion has been closed.