Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about coming back..

SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152

I played for a couple weeks after release.. I'm not sure why I quit, but I was watching some videos of the new class and other things.

What's different about the game, if anything?

How's the population, and the community? 

Is it pay to win?

Anything that I should know if I am to return, or any opinions on why I should stay away from the game?

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Umm..game is still F2P so all you had to do is run the patcher and check everything for yourself. Moreover the news section on official site has all the latest content additions and changes listed in lot more detail than any player would be able to tell you here.

If you had to buy the game and pay a sub i would understand but since it is free, it costs you nothing to check out the changes on your own.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Game is very fun these days. They have improved game-play significantly. I quit both Rift and Aion to play Neverwinter. Have not looked back. I imagine with the new range class coming it will be interesting!
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    would it be correct to assume that the astral gem grinding is still insanely heavy and necessary for progression?

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by aspekx
    would it be correct to assume that the astral gem grinding is still insanely heavy and necessary for progression?

Well it is not like it was back in the day. So many activities you can do to get diamonds. As well as a auction house to sell stuff for diamonds. Also there are multiple currencies. They offer equivalent gear. It is not much of a grind really.  I do plan spending a little money. To both support the game and to get some cool cosmetics. Other than that. You really dont need to spend anything.

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Umm..game is still F2P so all you had to do is run the patcher and check everything for yourself. Moreover the news section on official site has all the latest content additions and changes listed in lot more detail than any player would be able to tell you here.

If you had to buy the game and pay a sub i would understand but since it is free, it costs you nothing to check out the changes on your own.

Wow...what is wrong with you? Do you feel better?  This was in no way constructive and did nothing but insult.

OT:  The game is feeling pretty good right now.  Things seemed to have settled down at bit and the community is decent, so it's not a bad time to check out the game.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by xpowderx

Well it is not like it was back in the day. So many activities you can do to get diamonds. As well as a auction house to sell stuff for diamonds. Also there are multiple currencies. They offer equivalent gear. It is not much of a grind really.  I do plan spending a little money. To both support the game and to get some cool cosmetics. Other than that. You really dont need to spend anything.

Everything you mentioned was already in the game.  This is nothing new.  But, getting diamonds easy in Neverwinter without paying?  Unless you are selling high end gear, good luck making diamonds.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    any recommendations on a server with a good community?

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by Skymourne

Wow...what is wrong with you? Do you feel better?  This was in no way constructive and did nothing but insult.

OT:  The game is feeling pretty good right now.  Things seemed to have settled down at bit and the community is decent, so it's not a bad time to check out the game.

Yeah, if it annoys you so much that you have to reply to a post like this, then why reply, it is not compulsory, and writing negative replies takes the same amount of effort as writing a positive response!

I am enjoying the game, just wish I could have more than 2 chars (guess I will just have to make a second account)!

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

Yeah, if it annoys you so much that you have to reply to a post like this, then why reply, it is not compulsory, and writing negative replies takes the same amount of effort as writing a positive response!

I am enjoying the game, just wish I could have more than 2 chars (guess I will just have to make a second account)!

Just doing my part to fight trolls.  Also, shouldn't you take your own advice?  I think so.  Have a wonderful day.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

There are no servers, it was only a temporary thing, it's just one shard now like STO and CO.

khm... define necessary :) AD is needed, next change will for example put them into the runestones / enchants (any time you fuse them, you have to spend AD)

But you can progress without them, and without AD as well. True, It will be a much slower progression (especially with the professions), and you won't have the better gear and assets and stuff either, but you can do everything in game without any massive AD grind. And of course elitist will avoid you like the plague, with your white horse, white companion, and blue gear :)

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Just doing my part to fight trolls.  Also, shouldn't you take your own advice?  I think so.  Have a wonderful day.

Dude, I am pretty sure that he was agreeing with you (notice the "yeah"). The rest was addressing the person that you quoted.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

Not only is it free, so the concept of "leaving" doesn't make sense, but has it been out long enough to even be gone at all?

:P

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

It's F2P - outside LOTRO's 1 or 2 mildly RP servers, I'd say just look for a large population.  Community is hard to find in such video-game e-sport type onliners. 

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

So telling him to check out the changes on his own instead of depending upon views of obviously biased fans or haters is somehow trolling? please pray tell what is so un constructive about my suggestion? game is F2P and official website has all the recent changes, that is where real information is..not here.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney