Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STAR CITIZEN JUST HIT 26 MILLION DOLLARS!

13»

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

mark my words, this game will be the most cash centric  mmo ever created. it will put Entropia Online to shame. everything and anything in this game will have 2 choices: choice A =huge grind, choice B =cash for instant gain. 

there is absolutely no way once it's release this cash cow is going to be just turned into a free milk and cookies. not going to happen. Even breathing will have cash option in this game. 

mark my words. 

• trahetrahe Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

mark my words

mark my words. 

So let it be written. 

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    whatever you say champ.
  • Omb123Omb123 Member Posts: 3
    Nice ships, what's the goal of the game?
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by goldtoof
    Some of these "3rd world" countries getting millions in aid can somehow afford nuclear and space programs, but "can't" afford to feed and educate their own citizens.

• IXJacIXJac Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by Omb123
    Nice ships, what's the goal of the game?

It looks to be Wing Commander: Privateer writ large and in multiplayer.  So you fly around space with your own ship doing odd jobs, running cargo and living on the edge of the law and basically being Han Solo.

In the larger universe you have this human not-Rome space empire that looks to be under attack by a bunch of not-Vandal space barbarians (called the Vanduul, if it wasn't obvious enough).  They haven't gone into the metaplot much, but I imagine it'll be all fall-of-Rome-y, and us plucky mercenaries will have to hold the line and save the Empire.  Or help it fall, if we go the pirate route.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

Or just watch this.  (you can watch a Star Citizen made trailer / info of course, but I'm always prefer fan made)

If you're interested in the game and want to be a part of the backing community and like to acquire one of the limited offer ships, now is an incredible time.  See below: or at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13377-Anniversary-Sale-Details

As you know, November 26, 2013 marks the end of Lifetime Insurance (“LTI”) availability for Original and Veteran backers. We made lower-cost LTI packages available as a reward for the group of backers who made Star Citizen possible in the initial campaign, which culminated with the close of a grace period on November 26, 2012.

To celebrate our first year in operation, over the next week leading up to the 26th we will be offering each of the “limited edition” ships and packages once again for a limited time, so that anyone who would like to pick one up can do so. To give everyone a shot to catch the ship they’re interested in, we are going to announce the schedule in advance today. Ships and packages will be available for 24 hours (midnight to midnight PST.

As a special thank you to everyone that has got us this far, including our growing contingent of New backers, Limited ships will include LTI for everyone!

• Monday, November 18 – ORIGIN M50
    • Tuesday, November 19 – ORIGIN 350R & Lightspeed Package
    • Wednesday, November 20 – Drake Caterpillar
    • Thursday, November 21 – RSI Aurora LX
    • Friday, November 22 – Anvil Gladiator & Aegis Retaliator (running through the weekend)
    • Monday, November 25 – MISC Starfarer

On November 26th, we will start the second year off with a bang! Chris Roberts and the Star Citizen team will host a four-hour livestream starting at 11 AM PST which will feature the latest news and information, plus a chance to get your questions answered! We will also unveil the first details on the next assortment of ships, as we did at the first livestream! Like the original group, these ships will be offered for sale on special occasions… including some which will be purchasable for the first time on the 26th! There will also be a limited number of LTIIdris-P corvettes available for sale to all users, offered in four allotments throughout the day to allow Citizens around the world a chance at purchasing these rare ships.

Please be reminded that all these sales are to fund the development of the game and make the universe bigger and richer. We don’t care about making profits for public shareholders. We just care about making the Best Damn SpaceSim Ever and you generous support has already allowed us to go way beyond what we thought would be possible upon initial release!

• DrailliDrailli Member CommonPosts: 34

I think a lot of people that hate on this game are doing so with no knowledge, or only second hand knowledge of the game.

1: LTI: Yes it means the ship is never truly lost, but it isn't magically back in your hanger. The dev team has stated multiple times that each planet and station will have something like a resource log. When you apply for your LTI ship back, if the planet has the needed resources they put it into production, based on ship size and amount of industry the ship will be made in x amount of time.

If the planet/station lacks resources then a few things happen. Firstly prices paid for what they need will go up, two it will get out that the planet needs these resources, and three ship production basically stops. If you want your ship back sooner you best run cargo for the stuff needed to finish building her.

Now can they really keep this promise who knows. 

2: Pay to Win: Two times(Maybe three) Roberts and the CIG people have asked if we wanted to stop funding the game, each time the people have said no. As of right now the cash shop on the site, the voyger  direct one, is how the game will actually work with cash shop after launch. It is the buying of in game credits, stuff for your hanger, and limited types of ship mods. All mods, as stated before are not insured, and as of last I checked will not be insured under LTI or Standard insurance.

3: Backers have no say in the game: We actually get a large number of poles, our questions answered, and our feedback has already changed aspects of the game. I.E. the freelancer design. We didn't like it, they changed it.

As to, will I flip out if the game sucks, well as my cash sent to this company rapidly reaches the two grand mark, I can say if it sucks I will feel a little bad, but I will move on. I put money into an idea that maybe we can have a game that isn't told to us, that we can say um well, can we see it in blue? to. I feel in a way we get that some with SC, when we feel like something isn't right we shout it out on the forums and things can happen.

It might just be a pipe dream, but to me I'd rather have this pipe dream than another ToR or something like that where they tell us what we want, what we like, and if we don't like it tough #$%#, they made it not us.

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    Originally posted by Drailli

I think a lot of people that hate on this game are doing so with no knowledge, or only second hand knowledge of the game.

1: LTI: Yes it means the ship is never truly lost, but it isn't magically back in your hanger. The dev team has stated multiple times that each planet and station will have something like a resource log. When you apply for your LTI ship back, if the planet has the needed resources they put it into production, based on ship size and amount of industry the ship will be made in x amount of time.

If the planet/station lacks resources then a few things happen. Firstly prices paid for what they need will go up, two it will get out that the planet needs these resources, and three ship production basically stops. If you want your ship back sooner you best run cargo for the stuff needed to finish building her.

Now can they really keep this promise who knows. 

Sounds like you can use LTI ships for market manipulation on ressources. Imagine a guild simply suicide running on a planet to rise prices and cashing in on it.

Pi*1337/100 = 42

I don't think that's going to be very effective.  The larger the ship the longer it takes the insurance policy to replace it.  However creating a planetary blockade works, and by doing so you cause the system to create missions for players to remove the blockade...etc
  • IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Totally awesome song, ill pledge! LOL!