Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clarification between EQN and EQL

Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244

I've been following EQN and it is a game i'm looking forward to it there are games in development which I think will be far better but they are much longer away so with that said I'm looking forward to playing this game. Obviously Landmark is coming before Next and not to long of a wait now and the other day seen the pre pay options pop up for it.

I'm trying to word this write but my main issue is are the games connected now I know they have said they may make use of some player creations in Next from landmark but what else is the connection for example if I progress my character in Landmark and build structures farm and gain wealth will any of this then be transferred to my next character and if not whats the point of playing this.

Because without this connection/transfer to me it looks like a polished version of minecraft and that was a load of crap.

Comments

• yalbnyalbn Member UncommonPosts: 11

I may not be 100% correct. But keep in mind the different stages of Alpha and Beta. All that progress get wiped before the 48 hour head start for specific founders ect. We have to wait for the live stream to really get an understanding how progress will take place as well.

Dont hold me to this though :-)

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

Devs confirmed we can transfer characters between games, but that items do not transfer

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

I am bit confused as well about the link between EQ Next and Landmark. Are they totally different games? Is Landmark only an empty world where you fly around and build stuff (like I saw in one video)? And Next is the game where you actually "play", kill mobs and adventure with other players?

Really looking forward on release but I'm not sure why I should pay so much from alpha or beta. Just feels wrong. I like some of the stuff founder's packs give, though they seem to be very thin on content. Flags, titles, limited time friend invites, alpha resource boost potion, early access to forums. All this makes me bit cautious to throw out 90e for free-to-play game.

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

EQ N Landmark is a crafting - building - exploring game where you will be (hopefully) able to build and construct whatever you like if you are creative enough. You can save these creations (templates) and sell in game in Landmark to other players and some of the templates will be available for purchase in EQN. EQN Landmark and EQ Next are two totally different games. Later Landmark will get the tools to place mobs and script encounters and combat. It will if all goes to plan be a Build your own MMO/

Landmark is much more of a sandbox MMO where no one really knows what will happen, SOE have said that one continent per server will be designated for people who whats to build Fantasy themed things. On other continents you can build whatever you like. Landmark at start will have only human toons and

EQ Next is the MMO where you will adventure and do quests and kill monsters, if you are not heavily into crafting and building Landmark may not be for you, and paying to get early access makes even less sense.

Rather than questing and adventuring, gameplay in EverQuest Next Landmark is focused around building. Players will be able to claim a portion of land and they'll have to acquire materials in order to build whatever they want. If you decide you don't like where you originally claimed, all you have to do is pack up and leave. Your options are only limited by your imagination. Our short demo didn't focus on resource gathering, but instead on creating things with the materials that we had already acquired. (From IGN)

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828
    Originally posted by A.Blackloch

I am bit confused as well about the link between EQ Next and Landmark. Are they totally different games? Is Landmark only an empty world where you fly around and build stuff (like I saw in one video)? And Next is the game where you actually "play", kill mobs and adventure with other players?

Yes, pretty much. There are some others things to do, theoretically, in Landmark, but in essence it's that.

Really looking forward on release but I'm not sure why I should pay so much from alpha or beta.

You shouldn't. But some people like to throw money at monitor. SOE obliged them by offering "wide price range", so that everyone could throw as much money as they want.

Just feels wrong. I like some of the stuff founder's packs give, though they seem to be very thin on content. Flags, titles, limited time friend invites, alpha resource boost potion, early access to forums. All this makes me bit cautious to throw out 90e for free-to-play game.

Again, that's not for people who would think twice about throwing 90e at nothing. It's for people who are actively looking for excuse to throw money at SOE.

Me, I'm not buying any founders' pack; I'll play when it'll be in open beta, for it won't be even worth to play before that.

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828
    Originally posted by Swids2010

Because without this connection/transfer to me it looks like a polished version of minecraft and that was a load of crap.

It is the polished version of minecraft.

And it's good, because minecraft is the bestest game ever. My 7-years old nephew can't stop playing it. He even have forgotten his lego toys.

We all played enormous amounts of time in minecraft, so we'll play the hell out of polished minecraft. Hard to argue with logic.

• sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    My understanding is that landmark is a place to build and farm and Next is the actual game to quest in and stuff. I really don't know why they made 2 games. All this could of been done in the same game and called Everquest World or some junk.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Making 2 games at the same time is an idiot move. They should have just combined the two.
  • EnrifEnrif Member UncommonPosts: 152
    actually making two games was a good move. cause the building abilities in Landmark would break a storydriven envoirment like Next .