Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to join Pre-Alpha and start playing right now!

2»

Comments

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Looking good guys. Looks like you got the movements and combat pacing right and that is the big key to giving a game a chance. When you release with stilted and sluggish combat like a WAR or Rift did no number of features is going to save the game.

I will keep my eye on the game though I don't generally pay for pre-alpha so won't donate yet.

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Well the difference between this game and others that gets founding by crowd is that they give You the access to the game and actually You can play it in its current form, so u can experience on Your skin what they offer so far, unlike other projects that You can't actually play the game and have hope that maybe it will be released.
  • IkonicIkonic Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Donated as well, hope it turns out.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    I paid 50+$ for Diablo just to have it collect dust after few days of play. 20$ to these guys is awesomly low investment compared to that. Look for my donation soon:) And good luck with the project.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• UdoDUdoD Member UncommonPosts: 17

Is it currently under NDA, or can you tell us more?

Are the pre-alpha videos indicative of the current gameplay and features?

How often is the server up, only during certain windows or continuous?

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    pre-alpha is under NDA, BEG release some footage (screenshots) and info what they have implemented. Unfortunately ppl that play in the beta cannot share videos or screenshots. It's obvious because its still work in progress game and many things will change, also the game is unfinished and it would be bad move from PR standpoint if they allow players to share footage :)
  • JogobogosJogobogos Member UncommonPosts: 172

Like rastapastor said.

Server is up for about 95% of time. So you have to be really unlucky to find a server down.

• UdoDUdoD Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Thanks for the info, have now successfully setup PayPal account and linked my cc.  When I try to use the send money tab to your email address I receive the following message: 

Sorry, your payment won't go through. To make it work, you'll need to add money to your account and pay with your PayPal balance.

Any idea what to do next?

You need to send money to your PayPal account, easiest way is to add bank account into your account than you will be able to send in and send out money between paypal and bank account.
  • Kiria_1991Kiria_1991 Member Posts: 11
    I used to test this one, the main difference between GV and other "indie" MMO's is that, they dont just spam features which they will be never able to do but they focus on testing already avalaible things with community, listening to its voice.
    10 hype from me as it just deserves, those guys are creating game for more than 1.5 year already without ANY budget except those small donations for servers, thats really impressive.
  • doberekdoberek Member Posts: 7
    Yeah it looks like they have oil on head. 1, 5 year? Hehe this sound as big sacrafave:p I wonder what their famillies could say about this "trip" MMO is hard thing , for indie. Good luck guys you made good job like hell. 10 to your hype from me an ofc some $ too.
  • BuddyDudeBuddyDude Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by Jogobogos

I see your point. I am also angry on all those devs who were collecting money and gave nothing. Thats why give everyone access into Pre-Alpha within 24 hours of donation instead of promising it will start working next year.

That is amazing. I always see "pre-order" and "buy beta" then you wait 4 years...

Good work, going to donate. 

Edit: never mind, one glance into the pvp section shows this will be a gankfest. People already are fighting over how "pve players should just take it:"

@Jog, that is a problem.  FFA pvp civility died years ago, expect bullying and corpse camping.

• Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316

Ten bucks is less than I spend on coffee most weeks, so I'm rolling the dice and seeing how it pans out. Maybe it will rock and I will be able to take some satisfaction in having gotten in on the ground floor as well as helping indy artists. I spent a lot more than that on Roma Victor which I found disapointing, so I'm prepared for that outcome as well.

• Koukos2004Koukos2004 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    made payment two days ago got a message the same day!....if these people are 1% more active than AV of DFO...im in...
  • gemillergemiller Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I'm interested and willing to donate, but would like at least an idea of the above $10 donation tier "bonuses"? Pretend you're selling me a kickstarted here, how much should i drop? :)
  • LungingWolfLungingWolf Member Posts: 73

Hi Jogobogos,

Thanks for posting here on mmorpg.com. I always appreciate it when MMO developers interact with MMO players.

On an initial level, I'm interested in finding out more about Gloria Victis. Of course, in this case, since written information about it is still a bit thin, playing the pre-alpha version of it is probably the best way to do so.

Unfortunately, in what I could find out about it in terms of written information, I found one hang up for me:

Originally Posted by Jog
    How PvP is going to be like?

There will be open PvP all over the map excluding certain areas described as Safe Zones. However, slaying allies will result in punishments and sanctions. There will be also duels, arena fights, guild wars, faction wars and bouts for dominance over certain territories.

[Emphasis mine.]

Now, let me explain. I can understand why people want open PvP, even to the point of having it be full loot. But, I can also understand why other people don't want PvP forced on them. I respect both sides of this issue.

But, right now, I fall into the category of people who don't want PvP forced on them. I am busy with real life work, so I just want to use MMORPGs like Gloria Victis as a means to relax. You know, admire the scenery, do some exploring, dig into some good lore, try to hunt for some treasure, and, in general, just have some fun immersing myself. That's it.

In the future, when I am not so busy, perhaps I can reconsider my stance on PvP. But, for now, it is what it is.

So, as I search for some new MMO home(s) right now, I have come across many MMORPGs which were interesting to me, but broke the deal with me by featuring unconsentual PvP with harsher death penalties. It has been frustrating. Of these particular MMOs, Embers of Caerus is particularly noteworthy to me because it was my lead candidate until I found out that they featured unconsentual, full loot, open PvP (ref. this thread on embersofcaerus.com).

And, now, Gloria Victis falls into this category as well. I wish it didn't. So, I must ask: Is Gloria Victis going to offer a PvE only server in the future? Or is this going to be a PvP only game?

I think that we can agree that offering an optional PvE only server would probably increase the amount of people who would remain interested in your game.

But anyways, thanks in advance for reading and replying.

Waiting for: Citadel of Sorcery. Along the way, The Elder Scrolls Online (when it is F2P).

Keeping an eye on: www.play2crush.com (whatever is going on here).

Originally posted by gemiller
    I'm interested and willing to donate, but would like at least an idea of the above $10 donation tier "bonuses"? Pretend you're selling me a kickstarted here, how much should i drop? :)

Depends on what you want, for 15-40 you will get soundtracks, more votes on voting over planed game vontent etc.

For 40+ you will gain higher rank at our forum, and also in future possibility to test game features before everyone does.

If we are talking about 100+, there will be alot of cool features like your face in game, naming an NPC and others.

At the highest levels we will be able to give players non-instanced houses in the place they want (those houses will be on every server, and only specific account and his friends will have access), for example in the middle of biggest cities.

If you want something, like more keys for your guild, special heraldics etc. please just contact us directly and ask for it. We are currently preparing cool packs for donators, but surely, those who will donate exact ammount before pack comes life will get those bonuses also.

Originally posted by LungingWolf

And, now, Gloria Victis falls into this category as well. I wish it didn't. So, I must ask: Is Gloria Victis going to offer a PvE only server in the future? Or is this going to be a PvP only game?

We are developing the game to be flexible with servers, as we were speaking with our community, about 95% of them want looting other players, but at different levels. Thats why we are developing our game to make a possibility of creating more casual and hardcore servers. Surely there won't be servers without PvP at all, but I really hope that there will be enough players to host at last 3 kinds of servers, Hardcore PvP with nearly ful loot, Normal with a softer player looting and RolePlaying server (nwith hardcore or normal looting). It will all shape up during beta.

• LungingWolfLungingWolf Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by Jogobogos
    Surely there won't be servers without PvP at all, but I really hope that there will be enough players to host at last 3 kinds of servers, Hardcore PvP with nearly ful loot, Normal with a softer player looting and RolePlaying server (nwith hardcore or normal looting). It will all shape up during beta.

:-( Then, perhaps, "softer looting" could mean something as simple as losing a small amount of my money? Or perhaps just dropping random things which appear only for the player who happened to kill me? 

Waiting for: Citadel of Sorcery. Along the way, The Elder Scrolls Online (when it is F2P).

Keeping an eye on: www.play2crush.com (whatever is going on here).

Basicly, when you die your killer can loot your body.

You have exact time for respawn, depending on many factors and before you respawn you can be looted. But every item have a basic looting time needed to take it off the player, which can be also modified by various buffs/statistics.

Also your items statistics will be mostly unknown for an random looter, once more it depends on his statistics.

So, you can loose some money, some items you are wearing  (which are much harder to loot) or just random stuff like potions from your backpack depending on what your enemy will want to try to loot before you respawn.

We have an entire document about it posted at our donators forum section which we are shaping with our players.

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    C'mon, show me the full list of perk for donating. Wanna buy cool stuff for GV :D
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    did 15 for now may do more if i see how its handled : )
  • RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Jogo just curious if you have some kind of NDA for the current game? I know some companies don't like footage of their unfinished game out there etc. It's just that I have a YouTube channel and would like to post some footage along with my own thoughts on the game if I did donate and jump in. Appreciate any info you can offer :D
  • n0rdstern0rdster Member Posts: 4

I have looked for a MMORPG for me for like 4 years unsuccefully. Rift was the closest thing I ever could even play more than 2 weeks. So far this game is everything a mature old school PvP player wants. I donated to you 10 dollars for now and if it really can keep its promises Im willing to donate more.

Personally I never understood PvE MMORPG's, not a bit. The best kicks in MMOs for me come from well planned PvP and every single game so far has managed to fail me in this front. Not only that but these generic MMOs are just pure sh*t that only a teenager can enjoy. Of course these are my opinions and represent my personal taste which might not be a key to financially succeful game.

Even if I fail to like this game the 10 dollars (that is worth nothing) wont be wasted. You guys have your heart put to this project and I always support projects driven by true passion to create something, not just for the money. Yet its the best key for success. I wish all the best luck for the dev team with this project.