Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: The Esper Reintroduced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Dev Speak video from the WildStar team takes a closer look at the Espers, the flashy, telekinetic race. The Esper is a mash-up between Professor X and the Green Lantern. This newest installment to the DevSpeak series will preview the Esper's telekinetic psyblade, powerful illusions and light armor -- just a few of the many features worth exploring for the class.

In addition to the DevSpeak video, Carbine Studios will be hosting a livestream on the Esper class on Saturday at noon PT on Twitch, where the devs will give you a closer look at how the Esper feels and plays. 

Lastly, the WildStar site has a new Esper page that is PACKED with information about the race. Be sure to head there to find out tons more.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    "DISCLAIMER
    Mmmmm... glorious, wonderful empanadas. I hope you enjoy
    the video as much as I'm enjoying this free food.

...Buy Wildstar."

So random...

Anyways, the class sort of reminds me of a different iteration of Guild War's Mesmer class. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Smile

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Looks like an interesting mix of Mesmer from GW, GW2 and Shadow Priest from WoW (sorta), except with the chakra from Krull.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Not even interested in this game however, I watch the videos as I find the announcer extremely entertaining and fun to listen too.

Looks like fun though.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Well if all else fails, at least they did things with a sense of fun. and that in it self id worth something.

This have been a good conversation

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Welp, I know what class I'm playing.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by monochrome19

The class that can turn into a healing rainbow Unicorn!

and it's not a joke...

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652
    Originally posted by azarhal

and it's not a joke...

Rainbow unicorns are pretty awesome though! It will make bad ass warriors feel that much worse when they get beaten by 'my little pony'.

• BlackadderaBlackaddera Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by GlacianNex

and it's not a joke...

Rainbow unicorns are pretty awesome though! It will make bad ass warriors feel that much worse when they get beaten by 'my little pony'.

Hahahaha idd :p

the steel shines red with enemy blood. It sings of victory, granted by the gods. And as they return bleeding but proud, the horizon burns and the song is ringing LOUD!

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

and it's not a joke...

lol

There is also the fish and lanterns dreams buff/heals! Oh and the group golden armor buff. The class abilities just looks mental...which I guess was the point (I like it by the way).

Oh and the Chua is a Esper race...it's like doubling the crazy. (really tempting too)

• fenrisbluefenrisblue Member UncommonPosts: 138

and it's not a joke...

lol

There is also the fish and lanterns dreams buff/heals! Oh and the group golden armor buff. The class abilities just looks mental...which I guess was the point (I like it by the way).

Oh and the Chua is a Esper race...it's like doubling the crazy. (really tempting too)

I just love every thing about this class

• srpssrps Member UncommonPosts: 121
    It isn't a unicorn, it looks like some sort of deer fused with a himalaian mountain goat or something. It has two horns as well.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Just when I think they can't get any sillier... ^^  We will have to wait and see how the game plays. But it does look entertaining.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • AdvantusAdvantus Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Colwyn wants the GLAIVE back LOL. 
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    So, it's a psi / illusionist in other worlds

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.