Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] ArcheAge: Calculations, Schmalculations

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Recently, MMORPG.com hosted an AMA session with Trion Worlds' Scott Hartsman. In it, he revealed some potentially nifty information which we take a look at in our latest ArcheAge column. See what he said, what we think before heading to the comments to add your own ideas.

Scott was sly enough to not reveal anything concrete regarding ArcheAge, but he did mention some tidbits about the worldwide rollout of ArcheAge that gave me some points to consider. The following entry, which I’m quoting below left me with a burning question in my mind about ArcheAge’s potential localization and launch roadmap.

Read more of Victor Barreiro Jr.'s ArcheAge: Calculations, Schmalculations.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    is that naked girl at right side of picture? o.O
  • Dward127Dward127 Member Posts: 46
    yep
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    With a creepy lovingly stroking her hair.....

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by Arskaaa

That's a young Ferre, they don't wear any clothes in the game. This is something that will have to be westernized..lol

XL games has added Dolphin mounts to the game.

http://upload.inven.co.kr/upload/2013/11/14/bbs/i1796735110.jpg

and on Nov.27th, XL games is changing the payment plan to something new and hinting at what the new expansion will have. That's about all the news I know of atm.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

I cant believe nobody is releasing a mmo for Christmas.

their is nothing to play,no competition.

looks like they are all so arrogant as to think their game is the best that the devs. are all going to release the same time next year.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Yeh right would be launched in 2013 liars

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    I got a feeling this is going to be a LONG way off. I fear by the time this comes out it will have slipped off the radar :(
  • ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by Kumapon

That's a young Ferre, they don't wear any clothes in the game. This is something that will have to be westernized..lol

This will give me nightmares.

• KaoftheRoseKaoftheRose Member UncommonPosts: 73
    game is dead. they waited too long to localize. nobody cares anymore with wildstar and everquest next coming out soon
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Sorta want...

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• BacchiraBacchira Member Posts: 50
    Wow, ArcheAge news!
    I was beginning to think Trion binned the project...could the hype train be any slower?
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Ok I “schmalculation" Trion will go bankrupt and Archage will never see the light of day under them. I figure that's about as likely as Trions new game "Trove" being a break out hit.

• victorbjrvictorbjr Member UncommonPosts: 212

XL games has added Dolphin mounts to the game.

http://upload.inven.co.kr/upload/2013/11/14/bbs/i1796735110.jpg

and on Nov.27th, XL games is changing the payment plan to something new and hinting at what the new expansion will have. That's about all the news I know of atm.

Thanks for the tip Kumapon! :D

A writer and gamer from the Philippines. Loves his mom dearly. :)

Can also be found on http://www.gamesandgeekery.com

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I agree they missed the Window people don't care anymore. At least not enough people.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by ropenice

This will give me nightmares.

Wow, that is creepy as hell.  

Originally posted by victorbjr
    Originally posted by Kumapon XL games has added Dolphin mounts to the game. http://upload.inven.co.kr/upload/2013/11/14/bbs/i1796735110.jpg   and on Nov.27th, XL games is changing the payment plan to something new and hinting at what the new expansion will have. That's about all the news I know of atm.
    Thanks for the tip Kumapon! :D

I fixed the dolphin link, and thanks for your comment.

• mase1771mase1771 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    How many times does Trion have to strike out before they realize they are doing it wrong?
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    I care, but with nothing still in sight, for how long is the question.
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Sorta want...

I think Chris Hansen wants to have a word with you.

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    I gave up on Archeage since it released in Korea. Look at FFXIV ARR same time release world wide.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Not if you're a mature minded adult.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Wolfhammer

Not if you're a mature minded adult.

So naked children are only for mature minded adults?  Just wow.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

There has been so little new info on this game (relative to a release date), and what has been released has been "stupid" -- i.e., cars, bikinis, etc.  At one time I was excited to see this game come out; now I'm just meh.

By the sound of this article, I doubt I'll see it released anytime soon anyway.  The phrase "when it's ready" is a cool dev saying these days, but it needs to be backed up with a "and this is where we're currently at in relation to that goal..."  Based on what I just read, I am not sure if the game is coming out in 2014, 2015, or just someday "when it's ready."

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    It's not really Trions fault that this is still not in our region. It's some wierd refusal by Korean devs to make games for the whole world. There are many other examples of games that should have been localized ages ago, it's not just ArcheAge. Maybe someday the devs will see advantages in releasing games world wide at the same time, but for some reason I doubt it.