Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: Lifetime Subscribers to Receive Veterans' Rewards

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to a new post on the Champions Online site, players who purchased lifetime subscriptions to the game will be eligible for Veterans' Rewards immediately.

A few days ago we announced an upcoming change to Veteran Rewards. We’re happy to announce that today all Lifetime Subscribers will start receiving all Veteran Rewards!

As of today, if you become a Lifetime Subscriber, you no longer have to wait to receive your Veteran Rewards. You’ll get exclusive items like the Avian Warrior and Glowing Tights Costume sets, along with extra costume and character slots. 

This isn't just an offer for new Lifetime Subscribers: If you've already gone Lifetime, you'll get all the rewards that you've yet to unlock. If you’re a current monthly subscriber, this is an amazing opportunity to bring your Champions Online experience to the next level! Become a Lifetime Subscriber here.

We’re truly grateful for all the support our Lifetime and long-term subscribers have shown Champions Online, and this is a token of our thanks.  Heroes like you make Millennium City the greatest place in the multiverse.

Find out more on the Champions Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Cryptic offered the very same lifer option after the STO Veteran system revamp.

Not a bad deal if someone is a subscriber already and planning to stay Gold for a while, but I have to say, in STO there are much better Veteran rewards :)

• icehawkeicehawke Member UncommonPosts: 52
    It kind of is a kick in the jubblies to those of us who have been lifetime supporters since Day 1, which puts us approximately 550 days past the last lifetime reward.
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    people still sub to this game???
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by sayuu

One of the biggest hidden gems of a game IMO.

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Played when Champions was released, but City of Heroes was far better in my opinion, now that its down CO is a great substitute, I'm loving it so far.

Mystery Bounty

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Last time i did was pretty long ago. I had my share of fun with CO (even if lack totally any depth). Now I wanted to return and just try from scratch. With I guess 20 alts. Tried to delete last created, to try new from scratch. Great, old deleted new can not be created. And have discovered that CO still have WORST OF THE WORST of the SUPPORTS! If they respond at all usually answer has nothing to do with question. And if you reply or open again ... they "discover" i'm asking same question they responded to. Which they DID NOT. Uagrrrr..... I guess I'm done with CO permanently.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by daltanious

Now I wanted to return and just try from scratch. With I guess 20 alts. Tried to delete last created, to try new from scratch. Great, old deleted new can not be created.

Not defending CO (I agree that its f2p is not very ex-customer friendly), just a question, this return of yours includes resubscribing as well? CO had a f2p switch a few years ago, with a pretty weird and uncommon twist, they're differentiating sub and ex-sub characters (and slots) from the free ones.