Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Lightning Strikes Today

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Beginning today, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn players can meet up with and even dress as Lightning herself. Rumors of her appearance on Eorzea are rampant and it's up to players to investigate.

Taverns across Eorzea are abuzz with talk of a mysterious warrioress slaying creatures then vanishing as quickly as she appears. With rumors spread so far and fast, I thought this was perhaps the foretelling of another great adventurer, an heir to the warriors of light. Brief dialogues with those who have glimpsed upon her, however, have regrettably left me with more questions than answers.

When asked to describe her appearance, my informants swore that her garments were unlike anything ever to be woven or forged in the realm. More concerning, however, was her weapon—a strange blade that also serves as a firearm. Far be it from this humble scribe to question one who would protect Eorzea's people, but only the Garlean Empire has been known to wield weaponry of such bizarre form and function. Coupled with battle prowess said to leave even the most accomplished of adventurers in awe, one cannot help but wonder where her allegiance lies.

Under the assumption we are dealing with an adventurer whose exploits have remained unnoticed, I took it upon myself to consult with the Adventurer's Guild. Surely, I surmised, a heroine of such high caliber would have registered with the guild before running headlong into dangers unknown. And yet, no matter which branch of the Adventurer's Guild I visited, the answer was the same. No one in their records matches the description of this nameless crusader.

With so much left unanswered, there is perhaps no better place to unravel this mystery than on the battlefields where she is said to appear. Stay alert on your travels, dear reader, that you may find the answer to the burning question on everyone's lips.

Find out more at the link above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Should be a fun little event.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I'm definitely going to check this out.. I love Lightning!

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Checks watch. Waiting on the haters

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867
    Originally posted by apocoluster

Lightning? Who cares about that FF?  Let's see some FF7 characters!  A "raised" Aeris perhaps? Sephiroth? What about from FFX, Yuna? Booo Lightning.  Let's see some real content!

/endhate  :P

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    The event sounds cool... just wish it weren't tied to the disaster of a game called FFXIII.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet
    The event sounds cool... just wish it weren't tied to the disaster of a game called FFXIII.

Who cares? It's part of an awesome game called FF XIV.

Get over it....

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Rhime
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

Who cares? It's part of an awesome game called FF XIV.

Get over it....

^

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

^^^^

Huh???

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by apocoluster

Depend on YOURS definition of hater. Any one that was terribly disappointed - mainly because being big LOVER of series - is automatically hater for you? Then better I do not write anything post this last sententce.