The concept is based on Sword Art Online.
Imagine a game with the following:
- A world consisting of floors to unlock (with big boss (very hard to kill) at door to the next )
- Perma-death and not allowed to make a new character on the server (once you left the world there's no turning back).
- Minimum/Maximum start population for each 'instance' of the world (so an 'instance' only start if enough players have registered).
- No resurrection possibilities(except an item obtained from a extremely rare mob that allows one rez)
How would you play in this world?
- Be a crafter and just follow to the next floor whenever it is opened (little to no risk of dieing)
- Be someone that just 'plays' on a floor till the next is unlocked (if ever) (more risk but fairly predictable)
- Be part of the vanguard that takes on the bosses (high risk)
- (if PVP is allowed) go around killing anyone that's an easy target
Now I know that such a project would be hard to sell to investors and have plenty of issues to solve (fe. what to do if the population becomes to low to take on a boss or not enough people willing to try it). But it just seems interesting to see how players would react to such a ruleset.
So which playstyle would you pick? I'd problably start as crafter and slowly work towards vanguard.