Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arc?

asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Is it possible to install the game without the Arc thing?  From what I can tell, it's basically some Steam / Origin deal for Perfect World stuff, complete with a browser overlay.  I don't want any of that, so is it possible to download the client anywhere without it?

Kind of felt like giving the game another try on a whim, but not if I have to deal with yet more crap like that.

You make me like charity

Comments

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    I recently re-downloaded it for a similar reason.  I saw no option around it.  I think the only people who are not using Arc atm are those who already had it installed.  Arc really isn't anything like steam though.  Its more like one launch window for all Perfect world games.

• ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Thanks guys.  I actually managed to track down a copy of the beta launcher, and got it running from that.  I did some reading, though, and it looks like they are planning on phasing out the launcher entirely, and moving everything over to Arc.  The timeline is unknown at this point, and could be next month or delayed for years, but it's unfortunate that they are looking to go down that path at all.

You make me like charity

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by Chadiwicker

This might help: http://t.co/aZv4BDJeZs

Thank you for the link! I haven't played it since a few months after launch but since I'm getting bored of FFXIV I'm gonna try it out again.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• DainanDainan Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Chadiwicker

This might help: http://t.co/aZv4BDJeZs

And help it did - thank you! I admit, I was concerned about the short link, but I'm glad I took the chance. It doesn't appear I'm getting any Arc cruft at all. Much appreciated!