Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual Wield/AS/Block

WikileaksEUWikileaksEU Member UncommonPosts: 108

Have anyone tried a dual wield build with attack speed and block? i'm like level 13 on my Duelist right now and i use the teleport,double strike and flame trap. I'd like some AoE, like a whirlwind but i can't seem to find one for dual wield. I'm sure i will get better skills as i level up, but if you have any tips please add them to this thread. 

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

reroll a shadow and get your duelist a "reave" gem, it will take over as your main attack, and does a ton of stacking dps

• SengellSengell Member UncommonPosts: 30
    that doesn't make sense. When he wants to block a lot he should remain duelist. You can choose any gem regardless of class. Whirling blades and cyclone would be the common choice for that playstyle.
  • TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by WikileaksEU

Have anyone tried a dual wield build with attack speed and block? i'm like level 13 on my Duelist right now and i use the teleport,double strike and flame trap. I'd like some AoE, like a whirlwind but i can't seem to find one for dual wield. I'm sure i will get better skills as i level up, but if you have any tips please add them to this thread. 

Whirlwind such as Cyclone? The Cyclone gem works fine with dual wield.

Other options for AoE are: Reave or Melee splash support gem for your double strike. But those are not like a whirlwind.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Sengell
    that doesn't make sense. When he wants to block a lot he should remain duelist. You can choose any gem regardless of class. Whirling blades and cyclone would be the common choice for that playstyle.

I think what the poster above you meant is that the OP can roll a shade to get a reave gem for his duelist, nothing about playing a shade instead of a duelist. IIRC he can roll a Ranger too and get the reave gem pretty quickly.

I sometimes do that too: roll a low strength character, for example, to pick up a gem that I can't get easily otherwise on some other kind of character.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.