Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE does it again.

PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

This new Operation Make Faster Game didn't just come with new better optimization, it came with a few twists.

They changed all the VS vehicles, they look absolutely horrible now, and the camo coverage is now so small that every one who bought a camo have wasted their money.

There is an item for the Sunderer, a spare tire that you could have on the back of your sunderer that is now completely removed from the game, those who bought it were not compensated, they took peoples money and removed the item.

SOE don't stop to think about their customers, they don't give a shit about their players.

People waiting for EQN/L, you're next in line, pull your pants down!

Comments

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    All 3 factions have sunderers, what the hell are you talking about?
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by goldtoof
    All 3 factions have sunderers, what the hell are you talking about?

They changed the color schemes of vanu vehicles... Camo's are now only covering very small parts of the vehicles... basically waste of money.

The sunderer items removed are removed from all factions ofcourse.

Learn to read

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by PieRad
    SOE don't stop to think about their customers, they don't give a shit about their players.

I doubt, very seriously, this is true. The whole point to a so called "Free to Play" game, is to get people to buy the cosmetic stuff, and keep that money rolling in.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by LadyPvP

I doubt, very seriously, this is true. The whole point to a so called "Free to Play" game, is to get people to buy the cosmetic stuff, and keep that money rolling in.

Go check PS2 forums if you doubt it....

Sure you can still see the camo on your vehicle, but they reduced it A LOT!... shooting yourself in foot? I guess so.

Removing items from the game without compensating though, that's just disrespecting your customers.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    . Camo's are now only covering very small parts of the vehicles... basically waste of money.

You didn't actually think that camo actually worked as "camo" in this game did you?  It's just for looks.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    This last patch is the closet thing I've seen to the mythical miracle patch. SOE is on the ball. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by rodingo
    . Camo's are now only covering very small parts of the vehicles... basically waste of money.

You didn't actually think that camo actually worked as "camo" in this game did you?  It's just for looks.

Are you crazy?!/! Camo works like a charm in this game. You can hide in plain site if you do it right.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Sure you can still see the camo on your vehicle, but they reduced it A LOT!... shooting yourself in foot? I guess so.

Removing items from the game without compensating though, that's just disrespecting your customers.

So if an item in game causes an imbalance to the game, they should leave it in game out of respect for their players?

Which players?

The minority of players benefiting from the unfair advantage?

or the majority of players who do not benefit?

Like all posts of this nature, the bottom line is that you are whining that you can no longer have an unbalanced advantage over others.

EDIT: I take it all back. I just read the post below and realize your point is even whinier and shallower. You don't like a cosmetic change....wow.

Right, but now you can barely see it lol....... don't be stupid.

Originally posted by bcbully
    This last patch is the closet thing I've seen to the mythical miracle patch. SOE is on the ball. 

Optimization, great...

The rest.. shit

Originally posted by Zorgo

So if an item in game causes an imbalance to the game, they should leave it in game out of respect for their players?

Which players?

Like all posts of this nature, the bottom line is that you are whining that you can no longer have an unbalanced advantage over others.

If they remove an item that is broken, then compensate the people who bought it, give them SC equal to the money spend on the item they remove!

[mod edit]

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Which players?

If they remove an item that is broken, then compensate the people who bought it, give them SC equal to the money spend on the item they remove!

THAT IS RESPECT FOR YOUR CUSTOMER.

don't be stupid.

Sorry - I misunderstood the issue.

So, when you are trying to rally people to your cause, or convince them of injustice, have you found calling those people 'stupid' to be the intelligent choice?

Which players?

THAT IS RESPECT FOR YOUR CUSTOMER.

don't be stupid.

Sorry - I misunderstood the issue.

So, when you are trying to rally people to your cause, or convince them of injustice, have you found calling those people 'stupid' to be the intelligent choice?

I'm just annoyed when people think they're real clever and try to belittle or dismiss others' post, and not only that, but doing it with arguments that aren't even relevant.

I'm sorry I called you stupid, I just get annoyed. hugs n kisses and all that.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    The only stupid thing I've seen in this thread is OP saying SOE doesn't care about what their players want. That is idiotic. All they care about is what their players want. Pleasing everybody is impossible. Sorry you were on the losing end here but that's literally all it is.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

lets make it simple here.

You buy a red corvette

Go back to the garage for a quick checkup

Pick the car up but now its blue

Can i have my money back ?

SoE says - Deal With It

EQN - SoE spread them legs wide open your gonne get it in big time.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

When SWTOR advertised a certain item that didn't match the actual items appearance then they would give you a whole new item or items for free in your mail box. This has happened a few times. Cash shop items should be compensated if they change their appearance or advertise them incorrectly , obviously.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405

I'm trying to understand the issue, please bear with me and correct me where I am wrong.

SOE put certain Camo's into the game...

Some players used it to "Hide in plain sight"

SOE fixes the camo so it can still be used as it was originally intended, but saw no need to refund the funds used to exploit the system.

Someone gets mad because they can no longer use the item for what 'they intended' which was to purchase items to gain an unfair advantage in combat

I thought we hated P2Win systems and rewarded games for not having them, looks like SOE realized players were utilizing a P2Win item that they unintentionally added to the game and then fixed it. This is a good thing, right? Can you still use the camo scheme? and by that I mean, apply it to the vehicle.

Am I right? Or way off?

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by bcbully

Are you crazy?!/! Camo works like a charm in this game. You can hide in plain site if you do it right.

Haha, if you think so.  Reminds of the Invisible Boy from the movie Mystery Men.  No, sorry the camo doesn't work like you think it does.  But hey, I hope you guys that think it does do not play as TR.  I know one of you already plays VS. Not sure about the rest.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Originally posted by agnostic4eve

I'm trying to understand the issue, please bear with me and correct me where I am wrong.

SOE fixes the camo so it can still be used as it was originally intended, but saw no need to refund the funds used to exploit the system.

Someone gets mad because they can no longer use the item for what 'they intended' which was to purchase items to gain an unfair advantage in combat

I thought we hated P2Win systems and rewarded games for not having them, looks like SOE realized players were utilizing a P2Win item that they unintentionally added to the game and then fixed it. This is a good thing, right? Can you still use the camo scheme? and by that I mean, apply it to the vehicle.

Am I right? Or way off?

way off....

SOE makes camo, you buy camo, SOE changes camo to only cover small parts of your vehicle... now your vehicle doesn't look like it has much camo on at all.. waste of money, your vehicle looks horrible.

You then buy appearance items for your sunderer, SOE removes the items from the game, and doesn't give you any SC in compensation for the money spend... you got fucked.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405

Am I right? Or way off?

way off....

SOE makes camo, you buy camo, SOE changes camo to only cover small parts of your vehicle... now your vehicle doesn't look like it has much camo on at all.. waste of money.

You then buy appearance items for your sunderer, SOE removes the items from the game, and doesn't give you any SC in compensation for the money spend... you got fucked.

Ahh, Okay. I haven't played PS2 in a while. Just this sounds rather unusual for SOE's new marketplaces, I haven't seen them do this before. there might be a good reason for what they did that you just aren't seeing. /shrug

Edit: maybe the camo was incompatible with the engine upgrades they did. Petition the problem and ask for a refund, they may give it to you. I mean you can still apply the camo, just not the way you thought. Have you tried asking for a refund, or just blew up as your first response?

Honestly not trying to get under any skin here, just trying to rationally approach the problem.

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723

LAWL!!!

I laughed more than I should have at this.

Your probably right though, in which case its 1000x funnier.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

This new Operation Make Faster Game didn't just come with new better optimization, it came with a few twists.

They changed all the VS vehicles, they look absolutely horrible now, and the camo coverage is now so small that every one who bought a camo have wasted their money.

There is an item for the Sunderer, a spare tire that you could have on the back of your sunderer that is now completely removed from the game, those who bought it were not compensated, they took peoples money and removed the item.

You bought the stuff in the free game, with the terrible reputation SOE has earned over the years in MMO gaming really only you are to blame.

As far as your claim towards EQN users is concerned, as far as I know it is a free game, if you don't spend a single coin on any cashshop there, you have nothing to be afraid of.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Am I right? Or way off?

way off....

SOE makes camo, you buy camo, SOE changes camo to only cover small parts of your vehicle... now your vehicle doesn't look like it has much camo on at all.. waste of money, your vehicle looks horrible.

I heard that they improved the FPS for this game with the newest patch by a whopping 30%. Does that mean that they finally allowed their players to turn off their god awful FXAA? The FXAA take almost 30-40 FPS from the games performance.

I did see a big increase in FPS myself...

I'm not sure you can do that without some third party program, and they ban people for that, to SOE it looks like cheating software.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.