Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu's New Expansion is Released

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I Installed Age OF Wushu again only about a week ago.

The game has improved but it isn't worth playing because.

The game is listed as a Sand-Box MMORPG, but Its a total lie.

1.) I have limits on how many crafts I can have per character, a sand-box game doesn't restrict players to crafting they can do it all but it does take a lot of time to level up like Dark-Fall or EVE Online.

2.) Schools, In game have lame rules, If I want to run around naked in starter armor I get Penalty by school have to spend hours to repent its stupid the only best school if I remember correctly is Wanders Valley has one rule that is only from killing you're own school.

3.) Marriage, what if I want to have a same sex Marriage?

4.) Very Limited Character Base Model Customization.

5.) Cash Shop Clothing is not perm, neither is mounts.

6.) To enjoy the game as a FULL Sand-Box MMO I would have to have at least 6 different accounts, and VIP Costs $9.99 per month for a single account does not include free cosmetic items as they all expire or FREE mount you have to buy from cash shop as additional items if you want to enjoy the game as I do, and that is for one account not for all 6 accounts or so I would need to learn and do every craft it.

This MMO is good it has potential, but Snail Games is like Gamers First, and Nexon they have absolutely no Idea how to make a True Sand-Box MMO.

• DewulfDewulf Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Eh it is sandbox game :) 
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736

It's very much a sandbox games. It bares similarity to EVE online.

Also you dont have to join school if u just wanna run naked.

And what you are saying is that if u run naked at ur job place u shouldn't get punished for it.

It is a good thing that schools has their rules.

Think about shaolin monk going rambo and making out with everyone and not get punished. 

You also should learn the lore and the meanings of the schools.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    You can't create anything that affects/changes the world for everyone else in AoW.

If you say AoW is a sandbox, then WoW, GW2, Rift, etc... are also all sandbox games.

It depends on how you define sandbox. If you mean they just give you a world and you decide what to do with it without them leading you around to the different rides then yeah I get it. EQ would be a sandbox game in that case. The term gets used this way a lot.

If you mean they give you tools to reshape the world than no, it isn't one. To be honest there aren't many games that are really sandbox's by that definition. Just having player housing doesn't cut it, you need to have a situation where every server you visit looks and feels completely different.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Originally posted by Renoaku

I Installed Age OF Wushu again only about a week ago.

The game has improved but it isn't worth playing because.

The game is listed as a Sand-Box MMORPG, but Its a total lie.

1.) I have limits on how many crafts I can have per character, a sand-box game doesn't restrict players to crafting they can do it all but it does take a lot of time to level up like Dark-Fall or EVE Online.

2.) Schools, In game have lame rules, If I want to run around naked in starter armor I get Penalty by school have to spend hours to repent its stupid the only best school if I remember correctly is Wanders Valley has one rule that is only from killing you're own school.

3.) Marriage, what if I want to have a same sex Marriage?

4.) Very Limited Character Base Model Customization.

5.) Cash Shop Clothing is not perm, neither is mounts.

6.) To enjoy the game as a FULL Sand-Box MMO I would have to have at least 6 different accounts, and VIP Costs $9.99 per month for a single account does not include free cosmetic items as they all expire or FREE mount you have to buy from cash shop as additional items if you want to enjoy the game as I do, and that is for one account not for all 6 accounts or so I would need to learn and do every craft it.

This MMO is good it has potential, but Snail Games is like Gamers First, and Nexon they have absolutely no Idea how to make a True Sand-Box MMO.

Personally I don't think any of these things have anything to do with sandbox, nor have they ever had anything to do with sandbox, including the first point.  Sandbox has never meant no limits, there are limits, there usually is a way to customize your character but definately not no limits.

I do think it is a sandbox however I do also feel there should be some permanent mark on the world as Jean-Luc has stated so I'll say it is very sandboxy at least.

edit - and I do think that player housing in the world would satisfy that, especially if there is some way to customize it.  Admittedly only having a few styles (a ala VG) is again IMO a poor showing, so sandboxy but not sandbox.  Kind of a fine line here.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Age of Wushu like Eve are Social SOCIAL sandboxes their social systems and rules are set up so that the sociopolitical situation in game is totally player created.

Neither game has a Sandbox world to play with  and  in which is what most people mean by Sandbox Game.

Also this news is not official or believable unless BCBully says so !!!!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Hellz yeah!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Ender4

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    You can't create anything that affects/changes the world for everyone else in AoW.

If you say AoW is a sandbox, then WoW, GW2, Rift, etc... are also all sandbox games.

It depends on how you define sandbox. If you mean they just give you a world and you decide what to do with it without them leading you around to the different rides then yeah I get it. EQ would be a sandbox game in that case. The term gets used this way a lot.

If you mean they give you tools to reshape the world than no, it isn't one. To be honest there aren't many games that are really sandbox's by that definition. Just having player housing doesn't cut it, you need to have a situation where every server you visit looks and feels completely different.

The highlighted part: that is the definition of an Open World game not a sandbox.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_world

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by bcbully
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/12/some-assembly-required-your-guide-to-mmo-sandboxes-in-2013-and/

Does not make it a sandbox, the author of that article is wrong.  And if you read it he does not give any examples of why its a sandbox.    

Originally posted by TheYear1500
    Originally posted by bcbully
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/12/some-assembly-required-your-guide-to-mmo-sandboxes-in-2013-and/

Does not make it a sandbox, the author of that article is wrong.  And if you read it he does not give any examples of why its a sandbox.    

http://sandboxer.org/?p=3699

• seldomseen13seldomseen13 Member Posts: 16

I really enjoyed this game. I would call it a PvP Themepark game. Theres plenty of good rides and they are pvp oriented; Even the instances pull in player "assassins" for a pvp element. The confusing tutorials and game design certainly give it a sand box feel early on. And while there does seem to be some differing views on what makes a sandbox game, the fact that you can find almost everything in the game from one key  stroke and a couple clicks and that all you really need to do find any NPC is click his name and you will auto run to him make it a no go in the sandbox designation in my mind.

I think you are talking about the event menu. It kinda gets your feet wet. Enough to get you moving around and earning XP.  I can see how you used the term PvP Themepark. If you played the game off the event menu, going from event to event you would certainly get that feel. You can fill your day that way, no doubt about it and I'm sure some do.