Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your top 5 favourite classes in MMOs

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

1. Warden (lotro)

2 Warrior (wow)

3. Bloodmage ( Vanguard)

4. Mentalist (Daoc)

5. Druid (eq)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Actually this is in the meanwhile a good question.

If you did try games like Guildwars 2 or Rift you notice that these games have not really any specific classes and more precise roles, its all mixed up and so is the quality of pvp a mixed chaos hard to balance....well, some like some not.

I like long range classes  the most since I love to have more an overview instead a tunnel view in combat.

• Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244

I used to always play melee class like warriors but looking back I think the last melee class I played was a death knight in wow and he was probably my most loved class.

Nowadays I've been playing a lot of ranged class and looking at them cant seam to decide on a top one.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

In no particular order:

• Shadowbane Rogue Barbarian
    • PotBS Privateer
    • GW2 Engineer
    • Pirate 101 Privateer
    • WoW Hunter

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Ritualist  in Gw1  and was very sad when they didn't have one in GW2

• LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294

1. WoW: Paladin pre Cata (I dont like the divine resource rogue mechanic)

2. EQ1: Cleric

3. WoW: Shaman (melee Shaman was better with 2h weapon back in Vanilla)

4. EQ1: Enchanter (CC monster)

5. Vanguard: Cleric

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141

WOW: Warrior

WAR: Witch Hunter 

WAR:  Engineer

SWTOR:  Gunslinger

Rift: Riftstalker Rogue

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

WoW: Rogue

AoC: Assassin

TOR: Shadow

GW2: Thief

LotRO: Hunter

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

swg creature handler and pistol/tk

tor sith warrior

tera slayer

firefall nighthawk

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

Bruiser (EQ2)

Lann (Vindictus)

Evie (Vindictus)

Dark Elf Assassin / Abyss Walker  (Lineage II)

Creature Handler (Star Wars Galaxies)

• clodaghclodagh Member UncommonPosts: 1

Shadowbane Templar

WoW Hunter

DDO Druid

Shadowbane Wizard

Warhammer Black Orc

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Asheron's Call 2: Tumerok(race) Clawbearer(class) my best of all time from '99 up to 2013 of all mmo's ive played my most enjoyable and best class ever.

Second best CLASS in Lineage 2: Dark Elf Assasin with bow.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• scioccosciocco Member UncommonPosts: 89

Not really an order after #1.

1. Priest (WoW) - playing shadow priest was the most enjoyable pvp experience I have ever had. I've never felt like I've mastered any other class quite as well. Could also heal!

2. Shaman (WoW) - decent healing mechanics on one hand. On the other hand, elemental was amazing, the lightning bolt and shock spam to set up chain lightning triple crits...

3. Tempest of Set (AoC) - I didn't get to play AoC for very long, but in my quick 1-80 leveling and limited pvp experience the class was just fun to play.

4. Sorcerer (TerA) - Nothing quite as exhilarating as fireblast critting 6 people and they all die. What's even more fun was void pulse to people in the back of the head for a ton of damage.

5. Mystic (TerA) - Probably due to TerA's combat system this was really the first time where healing to me was extremely fun in an mmorpg. I always felt I would've played TerA's other healing class better, but mystic was an oddball class that was fun to mess around on.

I played some healing class in WAR that was enjoyable, but that's probably mostly due to playing with the idiots I played with.

APB? Yea... OCA or PMG.

I played some mage class that was ok in Rift but that game was so horrible that I have a hard time calling it fun.

I cannot for the life of me remember what class I played in DAoC for a short period of time, but it was fun.

GW, dervish(?) or whichever class had a scythe was a lot of fun.

GW2, I could only play this horrendous game for 5 total hours, but the necromancer class was definitely the only class even remotely enjoyable.

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

1) Everquest - Magician - Love strong pets and this class has the best pets of any game I've played.

2) Everquest - Bard - A well played bard can make a group infinitely better, and that's without doing a lot of DPS, healing, or tanking.

3) Rift - Chloromancer - a fresh new take on healing and really fun to play.

4) SW:TOR - Assassin / Shadow - Who doesn't like saberstaffs?

Can't think of a fifth.

• LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662
    pentabox Shamans in WoW then watching ppl cry in battlegrounds. 
    I live to go faster...or die trying.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

You see, there are many games where there are NO classes that I actually like.  WoW was like that -- there was literally no class choice that I enjoyed.  In everquest while I played an iksar shaman(wood elf druid pre-kunark), I didn't like some of the things they did to the class.

Vanguard -- Disciple during early beta (they ruined the class later in the beta).

Warhammer -- Swordmaster.

Horizons(Istaria) -- Dragon.

Vindictus -- Karok, PRE-cestus.

Asheron's Call -- the class you crafted yourself.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

- Shaman (WoW)

- Mesmer (GW1/2)

- Blood Mage (sorry but no mmos have done Blood mage as good as Dragon Age)

- Wizard / Mage / Sorcerer....One of my favorite classes in any game. No mmo has ever come close to the Mage in Dragons Dogma, IMO. MMO wise GW2 Elementalist has great gameplay but it doesnt have enough skills on its arsenal to play like a proper Magician so its a bit frustrating.

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

1. WoW: Feral Druid (Pre-Cata)

2. SWTOR: Vanguard

Which is weird because both were alts that ended up becoming my mains.

3. WoW: Monk (Fistweaver)

4: GW2: Engineer (love the flamethrower)

Past that I couldn't really say.

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346

1.  Enforcer/N-Tec Assault Rifle - APB Reloaded

I really enjoy this game, and this is my favorite Primary Weapon choice.  It's not really a class, per se, but it's the closest thing APB has to what a Class is.

2.  Scoundrel/Smuggler - SWTOR

Some of the best classical MMO gameplay ever as far as I'm concerned.  It is primarily a Stealth Melee Class, some nice Ranged features, and a bit of Healing when in a pinch.  It's just so versatile.  I really enjoy how it plays, and every once in a while, the Male Voice Actor was a total treat to listen to in some of the cutscenes.  Every now and again, he would say something that was just really, really cool.

3.  Invulnerability/Super Strength Tanker - City of Heroes

This, to me, is what a Tank class should feel and play like in an MMO.  Every mechanic about this class was on point.  No game has provided a better model for how the Meat Shield should work.  In all fairness, most of the classes in CoX were actually pretty great.  I just fell in love with this one first.

4.  Pilot - SWG

I loved this game.  I loved it, but I hated it.  I loved it because it almost was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I hate it because almost everything about it sucked so hard because of some broken thing or another.  However, what did not suck was Space and Pilot.  This was pretty much the best thing about the game as far as I'm concerned.  Still... that doesn't mean I would have wanted it that way.  Truly, I wish so much about this game had just been better.  Oh well...

I'm honestly drawing a blank on the last one.  I've played almost every MMO since 2003, and out of all of them... these four games are the only ones that held my attention past a couple of weeks.  As far as I'm concerned, this list is the best of the best Classes in the entire MMO genre.  The rest of it... you can literally throw it away.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

1 -  Druid healer WoW

2 - Melee/Mage AC

3 - Hunter LOTR

4 - Necromancer EQ2

5 - Pally/Ceric DDO

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Hmm... this is difficult. Lets see...

1.) Chanter (Aion)

2.) Monk/Champion (Ragnarok Online)

3.) Feral Druid Dps (Wow, Pre-catacylsm)

4.) Riftblade Warrior (Rift)

5.) Monk (FF14)

For the sake of  not filling it with the same game I picked 1 class per game limit. Honorable mentions (off the top my head or that were already used in one game). Yes theres a lot, and yes Ragnarok Online is a lot of them. That game had a beast classes. XD

Shadow priest (wow), Hunter/Sniper (Ragnarok Online),  Blacksmith/whitesmith (Ragnarok Online), Alchemist/Creator (Ragnarok Online), Slayer (Tera Online), Gunslinger (Aion),  Defiler Cleric (Rift), Warrior (Tera), Scythe Evie (Vindictus),  Knight/Lord Knight (Ragnarok Online), Acrobat (Dragon nest), Gladiator (Aion), Wizard/High Wizard (Ragnarok Online), Dark Knight (FF11), Summoner (FF11)

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

1) GW2 Warrior

2) WoW Rogue

3) AOC Bear Shaman

4) Vanguard Bloodmage

5) SWTOR Bounty Hunter

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

Cleric [Aion]

Druid [WoW]

Ranger [KO]

Elementalist [GW2]

Bard [FFXIV]

i actually like to play healers in every mmo but it kinda would be boring if all classes on my list would be healers image

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

1. FFXI - Red Mage

2. WoW - Rogue

3. FFXI - Bard

4. WoW - Druid

5. Warhammer Online - Warrior Priest

• PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
    1. Infiltrator (planetside 1)
    2. Zealot (warhammer)
    3. Rogue (wow - combat rogue in BC)
    4. necro (eq - old eq ... not sure what they are like currently)
    5. Hunter (wow)
  • GuyClinchGuyClinch Member CommonPosts: 485

EQ: Beastlord.

EQ: Ranger

WoW: Feral Druid.

GW2: Mesmer

GW2: Elementalist (Dagger/Dagger)

It's funny though - I'd rate EQ the best and WoW second best but have a hard time going back and playing them nowadays. I think I just lack patience and think the older games have changed so much.