Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Media] General: Back to the Future

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In our weekly comic, artist Blaz Klaric brings us his irreverent look into the foibles of the MMO worlds we love, and love to hate. Check out "Back to the Future" and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

I just have a couple modifications to your comic.  It should have him time travel back to the first panel, and meet a boar of a different color (with larger damage numbers).  Oh and maybe make the time portal a greenish color with wisps of dollar signs around it.  Now THAT would be funny.

(I know, this article was meant to be light humor and I ruined it.  Shame on me).

• ChaaKChaaK Member Posts: 39
    I'm usually not a big fan, but this one made me chuckle
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

eeeexactly... 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    .... k that is funny.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

This is 100% a poke @ WoW, and for good reason.  Their new expansion brings nearly nothing new to the game itself.   You'll get Orcs (already in) and Draeni (already in) fighting in an unbroken Outland sometime in the past.  All the building architecture and design is already in the game, same for creature design too.  Their idea of "player garrisons" use the same model of the sea-town in the level 30 zone (name escapes me), and is basically sticking NPC's and more buildings around your farm that you got in Mists of Pandaria.

No new races.

No new classes.

No new enemies.

And that fed line about them building the new map from the ground up is total bull.  It's clear just based on the video they show comparing Outland to it.  That video shows a rebuilt arcane arena and reforesting of the area, but completely identical placement of ground, building, and everything else.  They just filled in the destroyed parts and push a fresh coat of paint on it.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

"I'm bored"

I saw what you did there.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    this is about Wildstar and Hoverboards, right? Right?
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Siphaed
    This is 100% a poke @ WoW, and for good reason.  Their new expansion brings nearly nothing new to the game itself.   You'll get Orcs (already in) and Draeni (already in) fighting in an unbroken Outland sometime in the past.  All the building architecture and design is already in the game, same for creature design too.  Their idea of "player garrisons" use the same model of the sea-town in the level 30 zone (name escapes me), and is basically sticking NPC's and more buildings around your farm that you got in Mists of Pandaria. No new races. No new classes. No new enemies.  And that fed line about them building the new map from the ground up is total bull.  It's clear just based on the video they show comparing Outland to it.  That video shows a rebuilt arcane arena and reforesting of the area, but completely identical placement of ground, building, and everything else.  They just filled in the destroyed parts and push a fresh coat of paint on it.

Actually, that comic reminds me more of posts like this than WoW or whatever mmo is in the dunk tank.

"Grumble grumble clone... Grumble grumble fail... Grumble grumble subs..."
    "I'm bored..."
    "Oh look, new thread!"
    "Grumble grumble clone... Grumble grumble fail... Grumble grumble subs..."

• Training_DummyTraining_Dummy Member Posts: 12

You see he is wielding the mace in his right hand in the first panel, but then look at how they are "holstered" in the second panel.  How's he supposed to draw his weapons back out, the way they are drawn?  imo the mace (right hand weapon) should be holstered on his left side.  Too clumsy the way it is drawn.

Off topic, but wouldn't you roll a female character when you get bored?  I'm kinda wondering what game lets you create a fat bald warrior...

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    hmm he has the right idea in his comic but didn't put enough thought into it.That last scene should have had the same Boar with a different skin,as developers like to rehash the same models over and over.He could have also used an over sized Mace and devs like to also go for bigger numbers to entice players like  1500 or 2500 damage.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    PvE in a nut shell.
  • Decent.