Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long will 90-100 take ?

85-90 took an age, Infact I'm still lvl 87 and the xp bar never seems to move no matter how many things I do, Will the grind from 90-100 be the same or worse, Bring on the predictions :)

Comments

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

At the moment, who knows, depends how long they make the piece of string.

The only thing i hope for is that it is a worthwhile experience, as Pandaria was. Loads of storyline, little mini boss quests, lots of querky mechanics and ways of seeing the scenery as you go. If the experience is a worthwhile one, it really doesn't matter how long it takes.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Until Titan launches.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Dicehunter
    85-90 took an age, Infact I'm still lvl 87 and the xp bar never seems to move no matter how many things I do, Will the grind from 90-100 be the same or worse, Bring on the predictions :)

Seeing that there are like 'only' 8 zones for 10 levels I would think you level faster, unless they put in 10x more quests in each themepark zone then in the usual expansions.

That said: the usual betaplayer and no-lifer 'hey look at me I am already 100 and you aren't' will probably be 100 within a day after release, rest will soon follow within a week.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• maxima29maxima29 Member Posts: 203
    I actually didn't think the panda grind was that bad.  But I'm looking forward to the instant 90 cause the grind from 1-90 would be painful .  Now I can give my new toon some of this timeless gear that's filling my bank.  
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    For me...probably a year since I like to adventure and could care less about leveling.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    I really don't wanna sound like one of those "hardcore vs casual" activists but what i can see from blizzcon presentation is that WoW is going to be more "simplified" and 90-100 will be a breeze, gearing will be piece of cake and overall gameplay will be way too easy. i will not be surprised  if someone hits 100 on the 1st day of release. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196

85-90 was pretty quick.... not sure what you are doing...

I'm pretty sure i went from 80-90 in about a week to catch up with some friends.

I expect it wont take more than a month for most players to hit cap. Probably closer to 2.5 weeks.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

it will take exactly as long as you want it to.

But i would guess that the power-level people (not the world first people... ) would have it cracked in about 3-4 days followed by the hardcore raid people at about a week.

I would guess about 1-2 months for the casual players

This have been a good conversation

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

max 20 hours

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254

"Leveling in WoD will be a fun and fast paced romp through the zones. The team is backing off the idea that leveling should be a long grind."

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3548-Blizzcon-2013-Recap

Pretty sad if you ask me.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Blizzard should have the option of having a maxed out toon at character selection, for raiders/pvper's.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Originally posted by immodium
    Blizzard should have the option of having a maxed out toon at character selection, for raiders/pvper's.

And a 105 level character, for hardcore gankers and griefers.

• MMOManiacsMMOManiacs Member UncommonPosts: 191
    The draw and longevity of themeparks is their endgame, not their leveling process. This is precisely why pretty much every themepark not named wow has "failed", they shoehorn in a minimal amount of buggy/lack luster raids, dungeons and dailies at launch and call it a day. WoW has the most, and best, current endgame (im not referring to old raids...dont bring that up) of any themepark on the market. Blizz recognizes this, and many other companies don't, which is why WoW is still the big dog by far, where AoC, SWTOR, Rift, GW2 etc have failed to make a significant impact.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by freston

LOL.

Just give GM's level 200 toons to sort those buggers out.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

I did 85-90 in around a month of playing (a few hours an evening), but I was not rushing to max I spent most of my time following Cho and lili around in the valley of the four winds.  

I even took lili on a tour.

Took a ride in a  balloon;

Look ahead of me to all that awaited;

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by expresso

I did 85-90 in around a month of playing (a few hours an evening), but I was not rushing to max I spent most of my time following Cho and lili around in the valley of the four winds.  

I think this is something that a lot of people racing to get capped miss out on as Blizzard put a lot of time and effort in to building the world that we play in and if you just put your head down and race through the quests without reading the text or taking time to look at what you are doing and where the experience is a lot poorer for it. When people talk of content, this is part and parcel of it and is there to be enjoyed.

Take a little time to check out the hill tops and waterfalls, seek out the little nooks and crannies, the guys with their sleds on snow covered mountains, the little sheep farms nestled on a hill, the poor explorers fighting off dragons, ghosts of people lost wandering aimlessly in ruins and so on, loads around  if you just stop an look :) 

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Shadoed

Take a little time to check out the hill tops and waterfalls, seek out the little nooks and crannies, the guys with their sleds on snow covered mountains, the little sheep farms nestled on a hill, the poor explorers fighting off dragons, ghosts of people lost wandering aimlessly in ruins and so on, loads around  if you just stop an look :) 

People don't have time for that. They're too busy rushing to cap so they can whine about lack of content. /boggle

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by freston

Nah, 110 at the very least, with epic gear. Those types need all of the advantage they can get, thats why they roam around in packs, while they gank lowbies... ^^

I've not been too impressed with what I've seen of WoD so far.  It remains to be seen how it will play.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89

I imagine 90 to 100 will be a less painful grind because they said something on MMO Champion about increasing spell damage as we level or something along those lines...

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    If you want to get to 90 quick, do dungeons.  That is what I did.

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Kind of pointless to ask this question, you know some people will be maxed in like 2 days.....others it will take much longer.  Theres always someone that does a super grind and everything in between....it all depends on how much you play and what your intentions are....Explore and quest or rush to max level?