Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Announced

Comments

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by elocke
    Originally posted by stayontarget

Finally, a way to have all my characters at 90 instead slogging through content I've seen a million times already.  Very happy about this "boost to 90 and play immediately".  Just as long as it's not a paid service or stuck behind RAF(I don't have friends who would play for me to use this).

Housing! Yess! New WORLD, not continent, yesss!

One question thou.  If you have slogged through all the content a million times already, shouldn't all your characters already be at max level?

Making insta 90's = don't know how to play there characters.

Not really.  It only takes a few quests and mob fights at max level to figure out your abilities and such.  I've got about 3 to 4 max characters, but I want a one of each class and dread having to slog through the levels again.  Bad players = bad players.  Good players start out bad but become good quite quickly.  Just like any game really.

Its no different from the other expansions that had talent resets.  You have 10 levels to get acquainted with your class before max level, more than enough time.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

The Garrison is sounding like more RTS play that I won't enjoy.  I like the idea of new quests that focus on exploration.  I hope they include the old world in the quests and not just the expansion.  The world is being wasted right now with everything current only happening in the latest expansion.

Looking forward.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

The Garrison is sounding like more RTS play that I won't enjoy.  I like the idea of new quests that focus on exploration.  I hope they include the old world in the quests and not just the expansion.  The world is being wasted right now with everything current only happening in the latest expansion.

Looking forward.

The last two patches have used the old world.

Blizzard is clearly experimenting with this.

And from the sounds of thing it seems like the old world will come into play towards the end of the expansion

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Finally, a way to have all my characters at 90 instead slogging through content I've seen a million times already.  Very happy about this "boost to 90 and play immediately".  Just as long as it's not a paid service or stuck behind RAF(I don't have friends who would play for me to use this).

Agreeing with you as well on this- aye/.  I bet we see voxels in the expansion after this one in the next 2 years/ heh

The avatar remodels look better. 

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Boost to 90 and play instantly + New World PvP zone = Comical.

Boost to 90 and play instantly + New World PvP zone = GW2

I fixed it for ya'

Except it wasn't a stab at the game.

• WebferretWebferret Member UncommonPosts: 90

Most likely the same as every other xpac, suck you in to buy it enough content for a week or two at best.

Blizz games are getting worse and worse as they bring out trash xpac's and horrid remakes (Aka D3)

Wont be geting a dime from my anymore. Hope it works out for the players that buy it, and not somre rehashed similar looking zones and garbage like usual.

• DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237

I dont know why i read comment people are so stupid or just trolling so hard its not even funny.

anyway this X-pack looks AMAZING i cant wait to dip my toes in it. New character models look awesome, and garrisons look like i could spend hours in, and a free lvl 90 toon just because as someone whos not much of an altaholic i look forward to all this and more!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

"Along with these new features, World of Warcraft players will enjoy a wide array of new content on their way to the new level cap of 100, including new ZonesDungeonsRaidsScenariosBattlegrounds"

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244

I'm really underwhelmed, this feels like a patch and not an xpak. Few new dungeons that has to last 10 levels, how is this a selling point? How would you sell an xpak without new dungeons? New models are nothing more than recolored old ones and won't even be ready at launch, yet fanboys exclaim "how do you not see the difference?!" A classic placebo effect or case of 'The King's New Clothes'; you know, he's too stupid to know he's naked. No new classes and 1 new talent tier at level 100 screams laziness. Mobs, Outlands, the story, and dungeons are rehashed and reused.

An instant level 90 is given to every upgraded account to bypass trite repetitive content just to make you repeat BC gameplay at 90. Why pay $60 when Scroll of Resurrection is free? As much as I wanted a petless hunter, Bliz didn't want pet classes (eg. warlocks) to play like that. What hypocrisy. Bliz is spoon feeding customers loads of shit, while fanboys shout "Thank you sir! May I have another sir?!"

• MMOManiacsMMOManiacs Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by Dexter2010

I'm really underwhelmed, this feels like a patch and not an xpak. Few new dungeons that has to last 10 levels, how is this a selling point? How would you sell an xpak without new dungeons? New models are nothing more than recolored old ones and won't even be ready at launch, yet fanboys exclaim "how do you not see the difference?!" A classic placebo effect or case of 'The King's New Clothes'; you know, he's too stupid to know he's naked. No new classes and 1 new talent tier at level 100 screams laziness. Mobs, Outlands, the story, and dungeons are rehashed and reused.

An instant level 90 is given to every upgraded account to bypass trite repetitive content just to make you repeat BC gameplay at 90. Why pay $60 when Scroll of Resurrection is free? As much as I wanted a petless hunter, Bliz didn't want pet classes (eg. warlocks) to play like that. What hypocrisy. Bliz is spoon feeding customers loads of shit, while fanboys shout "Thank you sir! May I have another sir?!"

Or some see/play it for what it is: the best, most complicated and challenging raid content on the market.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    are they changing the talent system again?  I hope so.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by deniromonk
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by observer

Craft from bank copied from GW2.

If anything, the crafting changes were ripped from SWTOR, not GW2.

As a matter of fact, there are more things ripped from SWTOR in this xpac than any other 1 game (new zone dedicated to pvp only, a la ilium....being able to gain companions who will live at your base.....having said companions gather resources for you, having said companions craft for you etc).

This is hilarious because SWTOR is clone of WoW. It's WoW with a Star Wars skin over it. Also this post is funny in that it suggests SWTOR was the first game to have PvP zones.

This post is funny because you are trying to detract everyones attention away from the fact that they are completely copying Ilium, by saying that I implied SWTOR invented "PVP Zones". And also, how does SWTOR being a WoW clone in any way detract from the fact that WoW is copying companions, and companion functions, directly from SWTOR?

I think someone is upset that SWTOR has more things getting copied than other MMOs...

Are you joking? I don't even like or play WoW but am rational enough to know that WoW is not copying Ilium. They have copied other things from MMOs and that's what they do. They copy features and usually add more polish to them. Also you are implying that SWTOR invented PvP zones because Ilium from SWTOR is not the first ever PvP zone in all of MMORPG history, yet you're implying that WoW is copying SWTOR by adding a PvP zone in the expansion...

Smile

• bladedancerbladedancer Member UncommonPosts: 40

Yeah even though it's only for one character, it's still a nice addition tbh. This expansion does look better than MoP ( and cataclysm).

Peter Griffin: you know those germans, if you dont join the party, they?ll come get ya

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by Maggon
    Originally posted by slickbizzle

I was pretty stoked to hear about a trailer for the new expansion.  After seeing it, I was a little let down.  It didn't hook me.  I guess I need to stop comparing the trailers to the one for WotLK. 

Well, it's just an announcement trailer, not a cinematic trailer - that one will first be revealed closer to the release of the expansion.

They been doing it like this for quite a long time now.

Ah. I'll stay patient for the cinematic trailer then.   

As a matter of fact, there are more things ripped from SWTOR in this xpac than any other 1 game (new zone dedicated to pvp only, a la ilium....being able to gain companions who will live at your base.....having said companions gather resources for you, having said companions craft for you etc).

This is hilarious because SWTOR is clone of WoW. It's WoW with a Star Wars skin over it. Also this post is funny in that it suggests SWTOR was the first game to have PvP zones.

This post is funny because you are trying to detract everyones attention away from the fact that they are completely copying Ilium, by saying that I implied SWTOR invented "PVP Zones". And also, how does SWTOR being a WoW clone in any way detract from the fact that WoW is copying companions, and companion functions, directly from SWTOR?

I think someone is upset that SWTOR has more things getting copied than other MMOs...

Are you joking? I don't even like or play WoW but am rational enough to know that WoW is not copying Ilium. They have copied other things from MMOs and that's what they do. They copy features and usually add more polish to them. Also you are implying that SWTOR invented PvP zones because Ilium from SWTOR is not the first ever PvP zone in all of MMORPG history, yet you're implying that WoW is copying SWTOR by adding a PvP zone in the expansion...

So, we disagree on the fact that they are copying ilium.

Now, can you tell me which MMO WoW is copying then with the companions and all the different functions these companions will have?

Originally posted by xeniar
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    Level cap is 100 so next expansion if there is one will be 110 ?

yup and health and damage and evrything more then doubles with each expansion.

we will be doing Millions of DPS

Except they will prob be doing an ilvl squish:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/08/24/item-squish-extremely-likely-for-wows-next-expansion/

they could but wouldnt they need to revamp dungeons asswell then?

the lower levels will be affected vy the squish asswell.. not so much as higher levels but i geus the lvl 50-60 regions would be in a pickle in dungeons.

They already addressed all of your concerns, you should prob research it.

oh there are solutions aplenty but nothing is confirmed yet is it. Im not fearing anything, i only see alot of rework for blizzard in doing the squish. Still needs to be done tho. they should have done it a hell of a lot sooner.

Item squish has been confirmed.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Umm, looks like I'm returning to WoW...lol. The open-world pvp zone would have brought me back if done right but a garrison plus updated character models are great bonuses.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • EbanyEbany Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Unless the game is now free2play, or at the very least offer prepaid time blocks, then I have zero interest.
  • LFGroupLFGroup Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Great. Now that Blizz fucked up the MMO world with solo gameplay that's easy as sh*t, they even allow players to get to lvl 90 in the blink of an eye. I Wonder where they'll stop.
  • DayisonDayison Member Posts: 2
    They left out the most important feature of all, GRINDING.  Oh, wait.  That's not new.  Sorry, never mind...
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Now, can you tell me which MMO WoW is copying then with the companions and all the different functions these companions will have?

Companions have been around for years in MMOs. These "functions" you talk about actually existed before SWTOR. I play games from Asian countries and some of the games the companions can craft for you, watch your in-game house for you, watch your shop for you while you go out adventure or whatever it is you want to do, and even make potions for you (in Mabinogi snakes can make poison potions for you which you can use on your weapon, and in turn has a high chance to poison mobs you attack with that weapon).

The companions are not a new thing at all and are certainly not copying SWTOR. In fact I see this as more Asian MMO mechanics finally going into some Western MMOs.

Smile

Companions have been around for years in MMOs. These "functions" you talk about actually existed before SWTOR. I play games from Asian countries and some of the games the companions can craft for you, watch your in-game house for you, watch your shop for you while you go out adventure or whatever it is you want to do, and even make potions for you (in Mabinogi snakes can make poison potions for you which you can use on your weapon, and in turn has a high chance to poison mobs you attack with that weapon).

The companions are not a new thing at all and are certainly not copying SWTOR. In fact I see this as more Asian MMO mechanics finally going into some Western MMOs.

People have still yet to tell me the name of an MMO that has companions who act and have all the same functions as in SWTOR, and by proxy, what WoW will impliment. Im not tlaking "well X game has companions....and X game one companion can make one thing for you...and X game one companion can run a questo for you".

Copy pasting "no, its been around longer in asaia", without actually giving me an MMO that has the same system, doesnt't add to the discussion sadly.

This is oddly akin to the discussion this site had a while ago while debating if WoW invented the dungon finder. There were many posters clamining "X MMO did a variation of it first" etc, then in they end, once all examples got proven to be not what WoW implemented, or proven to have implemented it after WoW, everyone pretty much accepted that wow invented the automatic dungon finder, but then turned the discussion into how the dungon finder was bad.

I can see this going the same way...after a few back and fourths, we will all agree SWTOR was the first to do companions in the manner it did...and we will then tlak about how having companions that run quests and craft for you adds nothing to the game..

• FanOfSupermanFanOfSuperman Member UncommonPosts: 144

Is no one excited about the following?:

"With Warlords of Draenor, Classic Warcraft races sport higher detail, updated animations, and new visuals that reflect the soul of their original models: teeth, bones, beards, ’hawks, and all. Look ready for action. Be ready for action."

Finally! I've been waiting for this for a few years now. Character graphics finally getting some love!

• FanOfSupermanFanOfSuperman Member UncommonPosts: 144

Oh, and I apologize if this has already been posted, but for those worried or curious about the instant level 90s; it appears it's "one" character to 90:

"Level 90 Character Upgrade

Arise a Champion

Opposing the Iron Horde are the heroes of Azeroth—at the heights of power they’ve always been destined for. Even if you’re new or returning to the game, Warlords empowers you to immediately upgrade one of your characters to level 90 and master new abilities at the gateway to Draenor, so that you can charge into grand combat right away. Play the races and classes you’ve always wanted to try, wage war alongside your friends, and take your place among Warcraft’s finest."

• SmokeysongSmokeysong Member UncommonPosts: 247

Some potentially excellent stuff here, but the first word that came to mind after watching the videos was "re-skin". A re-skin of Outland with a re-hash of old WoW themes told in a way that creates more nonsensical lore and story conflicts.

Have played: Everquest, Asheron's Call, Horizons, Everquest2, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall