Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Adventure Mode Profiled

2»

Comments

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Making an already great game even better. I may have to spend some time getting another class or two leveled up before this releases...

BTW to people complaining about loot: You do realize that if you buy the best stuff you can find in the auction house, it's going to take longer to find upgrades because you already have really good stuff, right? Just throwing that out there because in my experience that's what people who complain about loot are doing.

Also, I'd like to point out:

Path of Exile = 99% of drops are vendor trash

Marvel Heroes = 99% of drops are vendor trash

Torchlight 1 & 2 = 99% of drops are vendor trash

Diablo 1 & 2 = 99% of drops are vendor trash

Grim Dawn = 99% of drops are vendor trash (GREAT game even in alpha BTW, go support it if you haven't already!)

Titan Quest = 99% of drops are vendor trash

And so on, and so on...

Not trying to start something, just sick and tired of people having selective memory & double standards when it comes to Blizzard, and D3 in particular.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    Honestly this new guy is the savior of Diablo if he continues down this road. Very few people would've had the balls to remove offline mode. Have nothing but respect for this guy, he's likely to save the entire genre as Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 ended up being utter garbage as well.

You're joking right..? You must be like the only guy in the world with this opinion.

PoE and Torchlight 2 are far far superior to diablo 3 in every possible way except for maybe animation quality.

• VaarjVaarj Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I'm looking forward to giving D3 another bash when the auction house is gone, i honestly had a lot of fun playing it until i got to max and realized i couldn't really do much with the gear i had.
  • qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170
    Never will buy Diablo 3, not paying for a co-op game that I have to be connected to the internet to play. My friends like to LAN.
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by BTUndertaker
    Originally posted by expresso

It's the xboxone all over again.

1. - company announces
      eleases a product with many things people don't like
    2. - company after some convincing removedimproves the majority of the stuff people didn't like
    3. - people still shout and complain and say they wont buy it
    4. - company wonders why they even bothered and probably wont listen to consumers again
    5. - yay consumers

completely wrong.  the xbox one was changed because a similar product was announced with everything that consumers wanted and none of the restrictions that the xbox was proposing and not because of consumer concerns.  diablo 3 on the other hand is changing for the consumer.

Uh, no. They're doing it because all of their players left to go play Path of Exile.  Same Reason as the xbox1

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

Making an already great game even better. I may have to spend some time getting another class or two leveled up before this releases...

BTW to people complaining about loot: You do realize that if you buy the best stuff you can find in the auction house, it's going to take longer to find upgrades because you already have really good stuff, right? Just throwing that out there because in my experience that's what people who complain about loot are doing.

Grim Dawn = 99% of drops are vendor trash (GREAT game even in alpha BTW, go support it if you haven't already!)

And so on, and so on...

Not trying to start something, just sick and tired of people having selective memory & double standards when it comes to Blizzard, and D3 in particular.

I still have Titan Quest installed, put in 100's of hours into D2, have hundreds of hours into Path of Exile as well.

The only one that has as bad loot drops as D3 is path of exile, difference is, in poe you also have gems that drop that are essentially currency.  And while yes, gold does drop in D3, its not even remotely enough to buy actual worthy items.  In PoE you can spend 2 hours playing and get a couple of chaos orbs that will buy you a decent new belt or something like that.  You might get lucky and get an exalted orb as well.  So there is a dual chance both for the nice item to drop and for the item to buy that said nice item from another player.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

And so on, and so on...

I still have Titan Quest installed, put in 100's of hours into D2, have hundreds of hours into Path of Exile as well.

The only one that has as bad loot drops as D3 is path of exile, difference is, in poe you also have gems that drop that are essentially currency.  And while yes, gold does drop in D3, its not even remotely enough to buy actual worthy items.  In PoE you can spend 2 hours playing and get a couple of chaos orbs that will buy you a decent new belt or something like that.  You might get lucky and get an exalted orb as well.  So there is a dual chance both for the nice item to drop and for the item to buy that said nice item from another player.

Plus.... remember when LOTS of UNIQUE items in D3 were vendor trash!?

LOFL what the heck was up with that!?  

At least in POE there is a method to the gear, top to bottom.  The selective memory on D3 comes from the spewing garbage that came flying at you that could have had any color on it.  

Great job Blizzard.  It reeked of unfinished business.  

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

looks like Blizzard pulled a FF14 Realm reborn!!!

good for them!-D3 is awsome rpg !!! sad to see the RMAH go- but all these new feature sound great!

Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
    Originally posted by BTUndertaker
    Originally posted by expresso

It's the xboxone all over again.

1. - company announces
      eleases a product with many things people don't like
    2. - company after some convincing removedimproves the majority of the stuff people didn't like
    3. - people still shout and complain and say they wont buy it
    4. - company wonders why they even bothered and probably wont listen to consumers again
    5. - yay consumers

completely wrong.  the xbox one was changed because a similar product was announced with everything that consumers wanted and none of the restrictions that the xbox was proposing and not because of consumer concerns.  diablo 3 on the other hand is changing for the consumer.

Uh, no. They're doing it because all of their players left to go play Path of Exile.  Same Reason as the xbox1

Uh, no. There are more people playing Diablo 3 than PoE.

The game sold 6 million copies in its first week, went on to sell 14 million in the first year, and now has roughly 2 million people that play it regularly, where do you think many of those customers went?

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    kinda tempted to buy but not going to I already played d3 and i have poe for whenever i want to play that type of game.

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

And so on, and so on...

I can't speak for others, in honest nor should you. But I play D3 and PoE and 99% of the loot in PoE is not vendor trash. Most of the loot that drops are opportunities to make something that you or others might be interested in. In addition, if you did part with the goods you get currency items used to fine tune or expand existing gear.

So I think you either never played PoE or totally missed the point of it. As for D3, these are some nice changes going on, looking forward to the Adventure mode for sure. 

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    Yeah they left to play tl2 and grim dawn also, they didn't all go Poe.