Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rohan Content : My Thoughts

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 543

Yes, Rohan is beautifull, it's story is interesting (even than over-suspicious Rohirrim that banned me from town was not that bad: I had to re-earn his trust and he later made a feast to my honour and apologized me personally). I understood that I like Rohan - from the very first steps I made there.

Good you like it - will meet you in Helm's Deep.

• sethman75sethman75 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Great game despite what the haters say.

It has the most immersive graphics of any MMO.

Currently i have 453 screen shots of my journey through middle earth so far

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

yep, it has great graphics..until you look at the player character models.

top 2 thing i hate about LotRO player character models and the ugly, cheap plastic looking ui( and their neglect of further modig progress)

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by sethman75

You should reallly take a look at some of the newer mmos.  The graphics in this game are ok...... in 2007.  From the pictures i'm looking at in this post.  I first thought I was looking at pics from a playstation 2 game.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Sho0terMcgavin

You should reallly take a look at some of the newer mmos.  The graphics in this game are ok...... in 2007.  From the pictures i'm looking at in this post.  I first thought I was looking at pics from a playstation 2 game.

Its scenery is unsurpassed... its a wide open world, that feels vast and wide.. 

yes... the annimations update was needed, but when you talk about immersive graphics, the game is still on top of the show 

And dont forget, on top of the graphics, this game also has the most immersive stories and lore of them all... The epic quests and the scenery are more then enough to keep any true RPG player busy from level 1 to max level.

Add to that the community and its obvious to me that for any old fashioned MMO player this is still the bet fantasy place to hang out.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222
    Originally posted by Sho0terMcgavin

You should really take a look at pictures of PS2 games if you think LOTRO even remotely resembles one.

Heck, apparently this next generation of consoles won't have many basic features PC games do, like Anisotropic filtering.

I've played a number of newer MMORPGs, like Rift and SWTOR. They look worse, except for the character models. That's one thing LOTRO does badly, but the landscape is great.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi

Got to say, haters gonna hate ... :

imageimageimageimageimage

how do you get your screen shots so clear?

The game looks great on my machine but the screen shots always seem lacking.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Theres a lot of good things about LOTRO and I have played it for a long time, however there are 2 things I really do not enjoy about the game, 1 is the Virtue system, for every alt its a massive grind, I would prefer a proper AA system instead.

The other one is the Legendary system, even after all the revamps and changes I still do not think it contributes anything possitive to the game.