Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nov 26

marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

As it will be removed from the DF forums soon I figured it could live here.

The day my sub is gone for good.

As an aussie I've just discovered how much fun it is playing FFXIV on a JP server rather than a NA/EU server.

FFXIV allows aussies to play there and we get 120-140 ping rather than 280-300 ping.

Its bloody awesome, I'll never go back to NA servers.

AV you have had so many complaints from aussies and done NOTHING, there is no one to blame but yourselves for this epic fail.

Farewell.

{ This thread will be deleted in 5.4.3.2.1 >< }

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

Comments

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

All "I quit" posts get deleted, in every MMO forum ever. [mod edit]

And so sorry, sucks you get lag, but did it ever occur to you that its not worth opening a brand new server just for the 100 or so aussies to be able to play with less lag?

• AparitionAparition Member UncommonPosts: 91
    100 or so aussies? [mod edit]

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Aparition

Considering that, globally, there are about 30k Darkfall players, 100 may be more accurate than you're aware.

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Marcust, I've got some bad news for you.   Because of FFXIV's 0.3s server position checks, playing at 150ms ping there is like playing at an average of 300ms ping with spikes in the 450ms range, assuming your connection and computer are otherwise perfect.

The longest thread on the entire FFXIV forums is almost 400 pages and thousands and thousands of posts complaining about how terrible this position check is, and how when they eventually get around to adding PvP one day, it will be a complete de-sync joke.  And since SE hasn't replied, and its been months (this was a known problem in beta) doesn't seem as if they can do anything about it, perhaps their servers just can't handle anything better.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up [mod edit]

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    XD

• HEKKRAHEKKRA Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa
    Originally posted by Aparition

Considering that, globally, there are about 30k Darkfall players, 100 may be more accurate than you're aware.

I thought it was 35k? And where are these 30k players? On Seelie back on the DF1 server?

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Originally posted by Lustmord

You're leaving a pvp game and going to a pve game.

Nobody cares.

Keep polishing that turd sunshine.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe