Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Latest DevSpeak Reveals the Warrior

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Carbine Studios has put out yet another DevSpeak video, this time focused on the game's Warrior class. Warriors make use of a giant power sword, heavy armor, simple brute force, and, of course, an arm cannon.

Oh, and don't forget the 1980's style wrestling moves.

Comments

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    I think they are trying to maintain that "teehee what fun devs" perception a bit too hard at this point. It's much better not to push it too much and let it come naturally. I didn't enjoy this video.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Yeah...it does seem like they are trying just that bit to hard in that video...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    I enjoyed it. Arm cannon looks cool.

• HappyThoughtsHappyThoughts Member Posts: 22

People are getting ridiculous with their complaints.  Are you going to use this video as a reason to skip a title now?  Why does everything have to be super serious with you guys.

Cant wait for this game! 

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847

Originally posted by HappyThoughts
    People are getting ridiculous with their complaints.  Are you going to use this video as a reason to skip a title now?  Why does everything have to be super serious with you guys.Cant wait for this game! 
    Because MMOs are super serious business of course.
  • MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143
    It's a cheesy promo and I'm only saying that because I think it is the most important reason to never play this game ever.
  • TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189
    I thought they were reintroducing the already known four classes because they have changed them so much since we last learned about them. But there is absolutely NO new info in this video, its just the typical warrior we've always seen with a big sword chopping things up.
  • kuroionikuroioni Member UncommonPosts: 26

Well, it was kinda funny. Forced, but funny nonetheless.

However. There was not a single bit of information, or footage, in this video that was in any way new to me. I'm following this game since 2009 and it's getting really tiresome.

I mean, this mmo is not some revolutionary new concept (polished and build upon a cross between wow and gw2 I'd say) that needs its every tiny bit exposed and highlighted with a designated presentation.

The hype was fun and all for a while, but the point when it just got boring already came. And a while back at that.

• bexinhbexinh Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Im so gonna play this game...
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    All I want to know is when does it launch?  Everything else is trivial.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KillbaneKillbane Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Well they do their videos consistantly the same way. While there are serious aspects of MMOs the main problem is that people forget about having fun it is why we play games after all. It's like being in group with that tank that doesn't watch his healers mana or if anyone dies and keeps pulling until the whole group wipes and then complians about how its everyone else's fault. Don't be that tank be the tank that feels out the group watches everyone and finds the right pace. I know not everyone plays tank but you get the point.

Solo play is for off-line players.

• DanknuggzDanknuggz Member Posts: 1
    I personally love their sense of humor..  Most games take themselves too seriously.  I think the humor will put a fresh spin on things.  Im dying to find out what the other two classes they have yet to tell us about are going to be.  The warrior is a class that every game seems to feature so im not that excited for this class.