Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Adventure Mode Profiled

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Diablo III site has been updated with a new developer post to discuss 'adventure mode' that will arrive with the Reaper of Souls expansion. Adventure Mode is a separate entity from Campaign Mode in that all story elements have been removed and all waypoints are unlocked for players to explore where they wish. In addition, various "bounties" will randomly appear on the map for further fun and adventure.

Lastly, Nephalim Rifts are profiled:

Nephalem Rifts:

Nephalem Rifts (previously called "Loot Runs") are randomized dungeons that are designed to be completed within 10-15 minutes. The goal of Nephalem Rifts is to provide players with a rewarding, endlessly replayable experience, one that continually offers new and exciting moment-to-moment gameplay. . .as well as heaps of loot. They're also what senior level designer Jesse McCree likes to describe as an opportunity to "break all the rules."

So, what does this mean in terms of actual gameplay?

First off, it means that Nephalem Rifts are completely randomized—random interior and exterior tile sets, random layouts, random lighting and weather, random monsters, and (of course) a random boss encounter to cap it all off.  Each Nephalem Rift dungeon can be up to 10 levels deep, but even that's random too!

Read more on the Diablo III site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    So far, I'm seeing every problem I had with the original release being fixed. Save one. Guess which?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    um, lack of real battle net?   no skill trees?  I really have no idea.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    um, lack of real battle net?   no skill trees?  I really have no idea.

I'm guessing he means offline mode. But honestly it isn't that big of a deal at this point, they aren't going to remove it on the pc.

• ElmobiusElmobius Member Posts: 4
    Yet they didn't implement it on consoles.
  • WebferretWebferret Member UncommonPosts: 90

Most the fixes everyone was screaming for at release of this so called Diablo game. Now we have to pay for it. Sorry Blizz, got my money out of D3 when I got it, but you sure wont suck me into buying your xpac.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Fool me once shame on you ,

Fool me twice shame on me.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Tanvaras

Most the fixes everyone was screaming for at release of this so called Diablo game. Now we have to pay for it. Sorry Blizz, got my money out of D3 when I got it, but you sure wont suck me into buying your xpac.

Both this and the WoW threads you spew your toxic comments.  Ok, we get it.  You hate blizzard.  Move along.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    I'm glad they're fixing this mess of a game, but I'm annoyed that the mysterious 'adventure mode' is simply waypoint traveling between acts. Blowing up such a simple thing as if it's a big new feature...really blizz?
  • marremurtmarremurt Member UncommonPosts: 45

some way this does feel abit weird, everything who poe got diablo 3 trying to get, also removing real money auction house, and so on... soon poe and diablo 3 will look exactly the same, everything new they adding or fixing is what Path of exile already done and making better, well... I did buy diablo 3 but regret playing it since they were so unsmart to add real money market.

This game is low for my rating, and will never be good rate.

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398

Everyone LOVES to rail on Diablo 3, and honestly it did deserve alot of the scorn as it most definitely did not live up to it's legacy at release. In fact, it missed by a long shot. That being said though, the game was still fairly enjoyable, and I got a couple hundred hours out of it, but haven't touched it in months b/c it b/c something of a ghost town w/ most of the people left only interested in working the AH.

I am kind of excited about the xpac as they are most definitely moving in the right direction w/ all this new stuff. Should it have been there from the start? Probably. But they are working to fix it, and the base game is entertaining, so I am willing to throw them another $30 for the possibility of a couple hundred hours more.

I love all the improvements to the loot system that are going in, at least if they work the way it sounds like it will. The loot changes coupled w/ the removal of the damn Gold exchange and AH means that it should be fun to hunt loot again. Improvements to the waypoints means we'll finally be able to do the runs we want to do, instead of having to run the chapters of the story again and again. And w/ these new rifts thrown in, there will be some much welcome variety. The only thing they haven't done, that imo still needs to be, is the skill system. Yes, they are really tinkering w/ the skills in place, and each class is getting new skills and runes, but.......why can't they just give us skill trees? Idk, the current system isn't awful, but it certainly doesn't scream customization, and the changes you can make don't make you feel like you're making the class your own.

I'll almost certainly be getting RoS, I know everyone loves to bash Blizzard these days, and Blizzard isn't the same company it used to be, but I still have some faith in them. They're making a lot of the changes I hoped they would, so I'm looking forward to a better D3.  

• WebferretWebferret Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Originally posted by Sho0terMcgavin
    Originally posted by Tanvaras

Both this and the WoW threads you spew your toxic comments.  Ok, we get it.  You hate blizzard.  Move along.

Personally its a comment, not overly toxic as I read heaps that are far more nasty than what I posted. If I wanted to be toxic I would of been banned for things being said.

I dont "Hate" any company, I just feel Blizz has lost there way in games. WoW Vanilla was great, even the first Xpac was not to bad, but it sure went down hill from there. D3, well they got rid of the original Diablo team and lost direction in that as well. I have a lot of hours in most their games (Have all Xpacs for WoW as family played/plays, I have not played since a months after last xpac - D3 bought at release and played til just a month ago, SC1 and 2, WC 1,2 and 3), so I sure don't hate it or would not of put the time or money into all the games.

But personally 2 comments in the same day just saying I am currently done buying there products for both games at this time sure doesn't make me some "Toxic" troll. Been an MMORPG member for many years now and 2 posts saying "Not buying this garbage" crucifies me well woopitydoo!.

I would like to see Blizz get back to the older ways of producing excellent games/xpacs instead of driven by a few suits at the top that care about nothing but a bottom line and delivering little to the players. Blizz has the ability to corner the market in any genre they want to push out on the market if they remembered its not all about money, quality product keeps people playing/buying the next product etc.

Cheers

Tanvaras -  So called "Toxic Blizzard Hater" hehe

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

It's the xboxone all over again.

1. - company announces
      eleases a product with many things people don't like
    2. - company after some convincing removedimproves the majority of the stuff people didn't like
    3. - people still shout and complain and say they wont buy it
    4. - company wonders why they even bothered and probably wont listen to consumers again
    5. - yay consumers

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Honestly this new guy is the savior of Diablo if he continues down this road. Very few people would've had the balls to remove offline mode. Have nothing but respect for this guy, he's likely to save the entire genre as Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 ended up being utter garbage as well.
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    I wonder if the xpac will fix d3's boring bland, shitty gameplay it has, by actually letting me make ya know choices about how my character advances, and did they fix the loot in the xpac, did they say anything because the totally randomized stats is another reason why the game was so bad. I bought d3 but regretted it the very first day I got it. Pretty big waste of money it was. I had some hopes for it till I played it anyway. They should have kept it using d2's formula insted of trying to dumb it down for casual cattle. just my 2 cents. Its stuff like D3 why I started to mostly pirate single player games, because they just haven't been worth a purchaise in recent years.. Well unless its a indie title, the Indie devs are the only ones who actually try new things lately.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by expresso

1. - company announces
    2. - company after some convincing removedimproves the majority of the stuff people didn't like
    4. - company wonders why they even bothered and probably wont listen to consumers again
    5. - yay consumers

Meh, you can also look at it like this:

1) Company looks at 14million sales, with far more to come.

2) Company looks over at continued vitriolic bleats of the internet herd declaring product a "failure".

3) Company realizes that listening to the internet herd is pointless.

Fact is, there really isn't any point to their listening to the bleats of the internet herd, said group of sheep neither represents their overall market nor any meaningful percentage thereof.

There may be some way that companies can get a decent feel for what their customers really want, but gaming sites sure the hell are not the way.

In the end, the quicker companies learn not to listen to the bleats of the internet herd, the better off gaming will be.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Other than the bounties.. I don't see what 'adventure mode' does that loading up the end checkpoint of any act doesn't.

And don't give me this "cross act play" rubbish. Getting 5 stacks takes 5 minutes if you want to change acts.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    So far, I'm seeing every problem I had with the original release being fixed. Save one. Guess which?

Off-line mode so you can cheat and dupe your way to "victory"?

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Sunnyguy46
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Off-line mode so you can cheat and dupe your way to "victory"?

Lol, nice one!

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

I won't be buying the xpac.  I'll play my original version once the xpac is released though.  See if I'm finally playing the game I envisioned with I bought DIABLO 3.  

I didn't envision much mind you.  Just a complete and polished game that was in development for soooooo long.   The entire item and gear part of the game seemed half assed as if done in just the couple months leading to release.  It was bullshit.  I didn't give too craps about the RMAH but they didn't have a well designed system to support it.   Then they went on and on about how they were going to fix everything so I quit.  I'll play it when they finally decide on their core game design.  Which having to say something like that about Blizzard game is fail on their part.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    I'm going to feel dirty spending $40 to get the game we deserved at launch.  But I'll probably  buy it anyway ...
  • BTUndertakerBTUndertaker Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by expresso

1. - company announces
    5. - yay consumers

completely wrong.  the xbox one was changed because a similar product was announced with everything that consumers wanted and none of the restrictions that the xbox was proposing and not because of consumer concerns.  diablo 3 on the other hand is changing for the consumer.

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906
    Damn it. When does this come out again? I don't think I can resist this temptation.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I would be an idiot to open my wallet again, or to trust Blizzard again to get it right.

Besudes POE is a comparable game abd it is totally free!
  • SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    This is the only way EVER I'd even think about playing D3 again. Ever.
  • goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    So basicly blizzard have ripped off the mapworks from Torchlight 2 then?