Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Next Expansion

Warlords of Draenor Blizzcon Spoiler =))

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Start plating at level 90 with new characters..

killing all level 1 to 90 content..   Effectively killing THE game

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

You can only make 1 level 90....

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397
    no new class or race. lovely....
  • RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Tygranir

And many people will only need one. Its silly to think this wont hurt 1-90 content.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

For people that like leveling alts, the experience will be 100% exactly like it is now.  For those that dont, they dont have to.

Its not going to make the zones less populated due to the cross realm technology they use.  instead of having 10 shared stranglethorns they will just have 5 instead.  No different from an individual perspective.

• CamoebCamoeb Member UncommonPosts: 53
    At least they aren't charging you $30 per lvl 90 character like SoE is now.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Camoeb

Or €50 like turbine for à level 50 character..

anyway, my biggest problem witth their direction is that they want all plagers in THE Max level range, so that they do not need to spend development time on improving older content

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by CowboyHat

And many people will only need one. Its silly to think this wont hurt 1-90 content.

Not really, one auto 90 per account is not going to make a big difference at all. if that person is a brand new player and was only ever going to have one character then their presence probably wasn't going to be a huge impact on the leveling zones anyways.

And let's face it, at this point the majority of WoW players are die hards and returning players. They wanted to make sure returning players can jump right in to the new content. It's a smart move, especially if someone skipped an expansion or too but wants to try this expansion out.

Originally posted by Camoeb

Or €50 like turbine for à level 50 character..

anyway, my biggest problem witth their direction is that they want all plagers in THE Max level range, so that they do not need to spend development time on improving older content

When a game gets to a certain age you do have to focus on the end game.

To be fair though, Blizzard is the company that completely redid almost their entire leveling experience with Cataclysm. That is pretty much unheard of. I don't think you can say Blizzard just ignores their older content. But they know most players are at end game and most new players are probably joining because of friends who are at end game.

Originally posted by Fendel84M

Not really, one auto 90 per account is not going to make a big difference at all. if that person is a brand new player and was only ever going to have one character then their presence probably wasn't going to be a huge impact on the leveling zones anyways.

And let's face it, at this point the majority of WoW players are die hards and returning players. They wanted to make sure returning players can jump right in to the new content. It's a smart move, especially if someone skipped an expansion or too but wants to try this expansion out.

So your arguement seems to contradict itself. You are saying that new players wouldn't have much of a presence from 1-90 so its okay for them to skip it. Meanwhile the returning players are all going to skip the content as well. So who is going to play the 1-90? This is my point. Its silly to think this wont hurt 1-90 content when you take BOTH new and returning players and drop them into the new expansion.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    New character models are win.

So your arguement seems to contradict itself. You are saying that new players wouldn't have much of a presence from 1-90 so its okay for them to skip it. Meanwhile the returning players are all going to skip the content as well. So who is going to play the 1-90? This is my point. Its silly to think this wont hurt 1-90 content when you take BOTH new and returning players and drop them into the new expansion.

The ones who are going to be doing 1-90 are the same doing it now. Alt-o-holics which one free lvl 90 isn't going to be enough for them to stop leveling new alts. It's like saying giving out a free case of beer is going to stop everyone from buying beer.

The ones who are going to be doing 1-90 are the same doing it now. Alt-o-holics which one free lvl 90 isn't going to be enough for them to stop leveling new alts. It's like saying giving out a free case of beer is going to stop everyone from buying beer.

No its not like giving a free case of beer to people. That is a terrible analogy. So you think a new expansion would not pull new players to the game? If they didn't offer free 90's there would be no new players? That seems to be what you are suggesting.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    LOL, really??  What a joke!
  • DunworthDunworth Member UncommonPosts: 29

No its not like giving a free case of beer to people. That is a terrible analogy. So you think a new expansion would not pull new players to the game? If they didn't offer free 90's there would be no new players? That seems to be what you are suggesting.

No that's not how I read it....Free case of beer with purchase of expansion.   I'm in   lol

• KobaoKobao Member UncommonPosts: 27

I agree with the idea that the old content just doesn't matter jackshit to Blizzard (and any player who accepts it, which is probably comfortable 99.5% of their current players). If you play WoW, you just have to condition yourself not to care about that low level stuff, that is not how the game works anymore. It was all raped anyway with Cataclysm and other patches.

Bigger concern to me seems like the player housing, which means, to my understanding, that there's going to be a large amount of people sitting in an instance alone at a given time. You can even, to an extent, use other professions in the house. It's going to make WoW further unsocial. In the end of the day it's what people want, it's pretty sad how people want it.

• UWNVMEUWNVME Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by Epicent
    New character models are win.

Bought time. Too bad male Orcs still have the same ugly hunched backs that people have been complaining about for years. So I'm sure male Humans will retain all the ugly, bulky proportions that have made guys roll female toons since launch.

I'd like to see them in action first. But right now it looks like nothing more than new textures, which is pretty disappointing and completely fails to justify Blizzard's excuse for years that new player models are "too much work".

If this is the big selling point, with no new races/classes. Then sorry Blizz, better luck next xpac, cuz this isn't cutting it for me.

It's more than just textures it's more polygons and I'm sure new animations.

They said all along they wanted to make sure when updating the character models they didn't change the overall look and feel of the characters. I for one always thought orcs looked awesome.

It's always a touchy thing when updating character models because if they change them completely then suddenly people who grew atrached to their character don't recognize them anymore. Blizzard was smart to maintain the current look and merely update the tech behind that look.

Sad truth overall is most of the people complaining probably haven't had any interest in actually playing wow for years. That's true for most MMOs on this site though. People love to just hate on games they don't play.

• UWNVMEUWNVME Member UncommonPosts: 174
    It's more than just textures it's more polygons and I'm sure new animations.

They said all along they wanted to make sure when updating the character models they didn't change the overall look and feel of the characters. I for one always thought orcs looked awesome.

It's always a touchy thing when updating character models because if they change them completely then suddenly people who grew atrached to their character don't recognize them anymore. Blizzard was smart to maintain the current look and merely update the tech behind that look.

Textures and polygons don't cut it for me. You can only polish turds so much. That's why I LOVE the visual upgrades Riot has been making for the older characters in League of Legends. They go all out with fresh new models, new animations, new audio, new particles, way more impressive than slapping a new texture on.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

They're keeping the style the same, but the remodel is generally aiming to be a step up in overall quality to match the content that's been added in the most recent expansions and updates.

EDIT: Better expressions/emotes are a thing as well.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Kobao

I agree with the idea that the old content just doesn't matter jackshit to Blizzard 

Its actually the exact opposite.  Cataclysm proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that old content doesnt mean jackshit to players as a whole.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    That sounds more like a consensus than the opposite.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• NinelNinel Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Any idea of the release date?
  • FoxyShoxzyFoxyShoxzy Member UncommonPosts: 120

The free boost to 90 is a brilliant way to get people enjoying the new content quickly. I don't think Blizzard is writing off everything that came before it, rather, I think they are looking for a way to get new players engaged faster. The idea of leveling to 90 just to start the new content would be pretty daunting to me, if I were someone who had never payed WoW before, or if I were someone who quit during a previous expansion.

I'm quite content with no new races or classes. I don't think they are really needed at this point.

The Garrison has me more excited than anything else. The NPC followers and Missions sound a lot like the Duty Officer system from STO.

Overall Blizzard is just proving that they are committed to making WoW better and better with each patch and expansion.