Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HenryX presents all classes in AoC[Vid].

DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

I can not understand how this vid made by HenryX have not been made before or even presented on this Forum. It's a must see and pretty much gives the executive summary of what differentiates one character from the other.

http://www.youtube.com/user/henryabccba

Enjoy... In combat, there is in my opinion noone above or at the side of AoC. It's a 5 year old game, and it still outpermorms more recent stuff like GW2, and Tera..

The Ultimate Breakdown

Comments

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Here is another vid that was uploaded by the guy just 3 days ago. There are not many engines that outperformes AoC dreamworld on graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43NkyLAJIrk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUYVYgFTVlUnCFM9zR-OFdTg

The Ultimate Breakdown

• ravencultravencult Member UncommonPosts: 17
    This guy makes the trailers funcom should make for this game.Respect @ Henryx
  • I'll be honest, makes me want to play.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I had some fun playing AOC and i didn't even see myself joining a game with a comic strip title.

There were two problems that imo could easily be fixed,well three,third being lack of players.

1 the dungeons were laid out like Everquest,i don't like that type of layout.Dungeons should be a form of discovery,they should not be an instance with mobs dotted at every inch to make sure you have to fight everything to move through the dungeon.Mobs should move around and allow you to sneak past if you wanted.

2 gear in the game was done really bad,i mean stat wise.

On a mild note,i don't even remember an economy,was there one?I just remember wandering around doing endless quests but i did enjoy the scenery of the game.I do remember guilds needing materials but aside from that i don't remember any auction house or anything like that.Perhaps that is a good thing,i was enjoying myself ,so i really never even thought about looking for the economy structure.

I simply left because no players were left,everyone seemed to be in a rush to hit end level rather than play a game for fun.I see this in all games,everyone thinks the term RPG=speed leveling race.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Hah, I used to be in a guild with Henry 4 years ago cant believe he is still playing. If you havnt played AoC, it is a very damm good game, easily the most underrated game out there atm. The graphics, combat and raid content smash the living crap out of every mmo, even WoW. 
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I had some fun playing AOC and i didn't even see myself joining a game with a comic strip title.

There were two problems that imo could easily be fixed,well three,third being lack of players.

1 the dungeons were laid out like Everquest,i don't like that type of layout.Dungeons should be a form of discovery,they should not be an instance with mobs dotted at every inch to make sure you have to fight everything to move through the dungeon.Mobs should move around and allow you to sneak past if you wanted.

2 gear in the game was done really bad,i mean stat wise.

On a mild note,i don't even remember an economy,was there one?I just remember wandering around doing endless quests but i did enjoy the scenery of the game.I do remember guilds needing materials but aside from that i don't remember any auction house or anything like that.Perhaps that is a good thing,i was enjoying myself ,so i really never even thought about looking for the economy structure.

I simply left because no players were left,everyone seemed to be in a rush to hit end level rather than play a game for fun.I see this in all games,everyone thinks the term RPG=speed leveling race.

The gear was redone 3 years ago and since then, so much content, so many epics, so many craft cultural sets, raid set, T1,T2,T3,T4 etc etc have been poured into the game that Gear is most certainly fixed..

Economy and crafting will be acary good after next patch that will be hitting us end novemberish... You have to try this one out. people are seriously getting back in now.

Ooo... And I have played this title now for almost 5 years now. Same as HenryX. It's an awesome game for people that have been around in the MMO genre for a while..

The Ultimate Breakdown

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Wow his channel has a lot of great AoC vids. I missed the boat on this game initially and then got scared off by the bad impressions, but i am actually thinking of giving it a try once I upgrade my PoS pc. I like what I am hearing about all the fixes and additional content, and the lore/setting is a huge draw for me. If there are improvements to the economy and crafting coming up, sounds like a good time to try it out.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Looks great.  It's a real shame Funcom didn't put more resources behind the game when it was released, and instead just let bad first impressions scare everyone away (myself included).

You make me like charity

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Like many other I left due to bugs and lack of players got bored trying to kill boss mobs to finish quests killed it with no players. Shame was a fun game.

Asbo

• darkbamydarkbamy Member UncommonPosts: 111

that was indeed a proper video makes me think of the good times i had before it all wen f2p/p2p.

reason why i dont play anymore is mainly cause of the whole expansion thing, bought the expansion before it went f2p, but can i access the endgame now? nop.

in other words it was pointless to get the expansion at release xD

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Well done video.

I played the game ages ago only briefly.  I loved the Tortage experience but after I left that area it felt like such a let down.  Also I love story driven MMOs and don't  really have any interest in the Conan lore or story.  The combat was fine although I do prefer GW2 combat but simply personal preference.

Originally posted by flizzer

Well done video.

I played the game ages ago only briefly.  I loved the Tortage experience but after I left that area it felt like such a let down.  Also I love story driven MMOs and don't  really have any interest in the Conan lore or story.  The combat was fine although I do prefer GW2 combat but simply personal preference.

"omg omg Tortage was wonderful..", was the opening phrase for the AoC haters right after AoC release... Just before they started a rant. EVERY serious AoCer now would actually say the oposite now... That the game actually opens up and becomes less instanced and so much funner after tortage.

Anyways, jump inn again now. The crafting is just about to get patched out to testlive servers and into the game end november or beginning december. THAT will be noticed trust me. 

The Ultimate Breakdown

• dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

So do you think a person should just wait for the new crafting patch to come out to start out again? Or should I just wait to dive back in now pre-patch?

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by DaSpack

EVERY serious AoCer now would actually say the oposite now... That the game actually opens up and becomes less instanced and so much funner after tortage.

I thought EVERY serious AoCer is trying to avoid generalisation... :)

I'm playing AoC since the start and Tortage is still one of my favourite areas. Change that to "every minus one".

Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by DaSpack

EVERY serious AoCer now would actually say the oposite now... That the game actually opens up and becomes less instanced and so much funner after tortage.

I thought EVERY serious AoCer is trying to avoid generalisation... :)

I'm playing AoC since the start and Tortage is still one of my favourite areas. Change that to "every minus one".

Noob!! :P

The Ultimate Breakdown

Originally posted by dzones

So do you think a person should just wait for the new crafting patch to come out to start out again? Or should I just wait to dive back in now pre-patch?

Just dive in dude. Start off a new character and get rich !!!... there is one thing I have missed in AoC, and thats an economy that is working for most af the gathered stuff and most of the drops.. And that is coming now. There will actually be incentives now to pick up drops, demontage them and sell the resulting resources.

Also no more rotting equipment. It will always pay off now doing a raid or a 6 man dungeon.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Funcom needs another good kick in their ass to wake them up.

How on earth do they expect to get old players to return to AoC when they cannot even send you an email with a good incentive deal attached. I mean look at all the skill tree points they have given out, but if I were to return I would get none, so yes I would be just cannon fodder in pvp against maxed out players, and lets face it they will be maxed out.

But all this and other reasons have been said numerous times before and it all falls on deaf ears, so no returns, existing players leave, server merges happen and the faithful cry that the game is thriving. One server left out of so many, if there was ever a game that messed up big time it was AoC for it is probably one of the best ever mmorpgs that has been made. 

Originally posted by Dren_Utogi

the only true answer fro a lot people is, just don't play. and wait for Gloria Victus or another "real" pvp game.

Or, they can follow your own advice from the Age of Botting thread: "I warn those now, if youw ant to play AoC , playing Crom. Avoid the pvp servers at all cost."  Exactly, Crom rocks.

:)

Originally posted by sibs4455

Funcom needs another good kick in their ass to wake them up.

How on earth do they expect to get old players to return to AoC when they cannot even send you an email with a good incentive deal attached. I mean look at all the skill tree points they have given out, but if I were to return I would get none, so yes I would be just cannon fodder in pvp against maxed out players, and lets face it they will be maxed out.

But all this and other reasons have been said numerous times before and it all falls on deaf ears, so no returns, existing players leave, server merges happen and the faithful cry that the game is thriving. One server left out of so many, if there was ever a game that messed up big time it was AoC for it is probably one of the best ever mmorpgs that has been made. 

I am faithful, and the game is deader then ever. Yes I did try to rally a few months ago, but that ws before this ridiculous merger.

What funcom has done , was to insure that population is low enough so that  they can shut the game down.  THe servers had more players playing before the merger, but now that the pvp server is mixed with Russian hackers and exploiters, game is dieing even faster.

I've play against HenryX over several years with different chacters, he now hacks, using the thing we can't talk about here. If players think for one second someone can do combos perfectly in a row for hours on end, they are fooling themselves. Game has been destroyed by the player base funcom seems to love. Why funcom continues to support hacking and cheating is beyond me, and the only true answer fro a lot people is, just don't play. and wait for Gloria Victus or another "real" pvp game.

And if anyone ghas been paying attention to my sig, I now only have 2 games as best F2p. AoC was taking off, DCuO was taken off.  I'm thinking to adding Rift, they are doing an amazing job.

To this I can only ask, what are you really ranting about? If you play AoC you would perfectly well know it's not macroable, because it is not a competition about firing off a long chain og keystrokes as fast as possible. In PvP it's all about timing so that you can land the various strokes. If you miss one, dmg og combo is reduced significantly not only because you miss a stroke on you oponent but also because the last blow of combo will deal less damage. Are you sure you have played AoC?

The Ultimate Breakdown

Originally posted by Po_gg

the only true answer fro a lot people is, just don't play. and wait for Gloria Victus or another "real" pvp game.

Or, they can follow your own advice from the Age of Botting thread: "I warn those now, if youw ant to play AoC , playing Crom. Avoid the pvp servers at all cost."  Exactly, Crom rocks.

:)

yes. But one has to ask, was AoC a pve game to begin with ?

Again, are you sure you play AoC? PvE server still have PvP, but it's restricted to certain zones and minigames. :/ ... And minigames pop all the time now 24/7, how can that be bad???

The Ultimate Breakdown

While I'm not Dren to answer, in this matter he's right. Ok, I'm not on Fury since years, so I can't be certain of the issue's present magnitude, but it was a serious one for a long time, sometimes even spreaded onto Crom which was among the most "pve-focused" servers back then. Cheating on pve, how pathetic is that... I've seen myself when one of those idiots soloed an elite boss in the Valley in about 30sec, at lvl30ish... (fyi that'd be an average time even for a lvl70-80, on level you barely can scratch the elites)

If you haven't bumped into it, then either you're very lucky, or ... let's just stick to lucky :)

And when Dren wrote "using the thing we can't talk about here." it's because when the issue was in the most widespreaded state, you could get an instant ban just for simply mention the issue on the chat or forum. Yep, the situation was that bad.