Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Trion's Spectacular Week

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds has released some great data from last week that indicates a strong resurgence of both Defiance and Rift. Many of the gains came as Rift returned to Steam and the company offered substantial in-game rewards to new and returning players.

• Trion Worlds had a record-breaking week last week, adding over a quarter of a million new players to their online games, RIFT and Defiance

• RIFT experienced the highest single day gain in new users since the game’s launch more than 2 years ago.

• Trion Worlds was the #1 highest fundraiser of any games company registered for Extra Life’s charity gaming marathon, raising over $63,000 for children’s hospitals. 

Find out more about Rift.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• hanshuberhanshuber Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Hmmm ingame rewards, maybe i should start it again, wonderfull game...
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Good for them! I hope they continue to do their thang.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    I remember what they originally said rift would be i never would have imagined it would end up becoming a generic raiding themepark mmo.
  • reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I finally started playing for the first time since Beta.  I freaking love my Bard.
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Has always been a great game. Glad to see more new players. Now Trion's goal should be to keep those new players as a lot of old ones have stopped playing. I think I check back in tonight.

• TheAncientTheAncient Member Posts: 67

Unsubbed today as the EU shards have been a nightmare for weeks now.

The idea of merging all the shards for PvP, not creating a Russian shard for all the migrants of their own localized version (which closed recently) has created what can described as a chaotic & unpleasant experience as far as the English shards go. The lag is horrific at times, and even as a Patron it was not uncommon to log out to log in on an alt to be greeted with "the server may be temporarily unavailable" for up to 30 mins at a stretch.

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    I'd go back to Rift but I've lost my password and security question answers for Trion in the great HDD crash of 2013.
  • iJustWantiJustWant Member Posts: 81

Nice to see some positive publicity for a decent game.

If WoW had never been, we'd all be whining about Rift clones.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571

RIFT deserves every credit. I don't know what the future will bring, but imo RIFT is the best choice in the current mmo market,  with a perfect f2p model too.

After 2 years of development, changes, ups and downs,  TRION managed to deliver an excellent game. GZ!

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by iJustWant
    Nice to see some positive publicity for a decent game. If WoW had never been, we'd all be whining about Rift clones.  

We certainly would not. The sluggishness of the game doomed it before it was ever released. Not to mention since Rift is about the biggest WoW clone ever it would have just been a shoddy version of WoW in the first place.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by Rzep
    I'd go back to Rift but I've lost my password and security question answers for Trion in the great HDD crash of 2013.

They can recover your account for you in minutes if you give them a call the CS is still the best in the industry.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by iJustWant

Nice to see some positive publicity for a decent game.

If WoW had never been, we'd all be whining about Rift clones.

They would be LOTRO clones.  In terms of themeparks, Rift is pretty low on the totem pole.  Its better than SWtoR, but nowhere near as good as EQ2 was during the KoS/EoF era or LOTRO during Angmar/Moria.

You said it yourself, Rift is a 'decent' game.  But it doesnt have long term draw for most people, due to its way too quick leveling curve and overall blandness.

Stayed up for the whole EXTRA LIFE event. Got so into it by the time it was over looked at my paypal and realized I had donated $200.  $5, $10, $15 at a pop.

On a positive note I can't think of a better way to spend $200.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

"Trion Worlds has released some great data from last week that indicates a strong resurgence of both Defiance and Rift."

Where is the data that indicates a strong resurgence?

It released on steam.  lots of people downloaded it for free.  So?  Hardly a resurgence if they dont stick with the game (which, as f2p seems to have shown, isnt very likely)

• xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141
    My problem with this game remains the same the lag.  I remember earlier this year when I went back to try it I went into a warfront (pretty much the only thing I do in mmos) and several times I would not even see the other players and I would be dead.  The lag seemed to have gotten worse since release.  I have a good gaming computer too.  I would love to go back to the game if they could ever mix there lag issues, but I am pretty sure its how the game was built :(
  • Paizo_JimPaizo_Jim Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by Rzep

Just visit the Support site and they'll take care of you. 

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1719/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4Mzg2MzQxOC9zaWQvb2NBdmxORWw%3D

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Rift has been by far the best game to release since Vanguard in 2007.  There is no other game even close in terms of quality or quantity of content.
  • gramirez85gramirez85 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by psiic

Stayed up for the whole EXTRA LIFE event. Got so into it by the time it was over looked at my paypal and realized I had donated $200.  $5, $10, $15 at a pop.

If only you would have donated 6 more dollars you could have had an in game item  or title named after you. Person that donated the most was $205

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Originally posted by Zapzap
    Rift has been by far the best game to release since Vanguard in 2007.  There is no other game even close in terms of quality or quantity of content.

I say its the best since DDO in 2006, but we both can agree that Rift is a damn decent game. My only complaint is the same for most themepark games - max level the fun plummets for me. No economy, and no way to progress except to raid.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by Zapzap

Rift is about the 12th best MMORPG to be released since Vanguard and that is only because I didn't play a few. As a themepark game it falls behind stuff like GW2 and Tera there are a slew of non traditional games ahead of it like TSW. Really I can't give anyone a good reason to try Rift other than they have a nice FTP model now. Even SWTOR has more to offer and I don't give praise to that game lightly.

Originally posted by gramirez85
    Originally posted by psiic

If only you would have donated 6 more dollars you could have had an in game item  or title named after you. Person that donated the most was $205

Not sure how that could be one of the people on team trion had only 2 donations that put him over $1000k

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I love Rift, though I can't seem to get into it for more than a month at a time every year. I'd love to see some more improvements and additions to the pvp before I come back again though.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Nice.
  • demecusdemecus Member Posts: 1
    Syr... the more of your comments I read the clearer it is that you haven't really Rifted too much...
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    @ the poster above
    Rift is a clone of EQ2 with some Warhammer features
    Rift producer supervised 5 Eq2 expansions and you can clearly see the same pattern in Rift

But I do agree, Rift is one of the best Themeparks and definetly the best free one.