Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just another day on gaming forums!!

http://vixen11.deviantart.com/art/The-General-Forums-402240910

(sorry guys tried to fix resolution but didn't work so adding the direct link to comic)

Let's see how many of you can relate to this comic. image

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

cant read it :( too small

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Foomerang

cant read it :( too small

and when you 'zoom' in, it gets too blurry to read.. image

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Fixed now. My apologies.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    probably a mmorpg.com forums user.
  • SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Haha fun read :) "words words words words..." I chuckled.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    So can you pick yourself out in that joke :)
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by PerfArt
    Haha fun read :) "words words words words..." I chuckled.

I got a chuckle out of that part, too. I really didn't find the rest funny, though.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Awesome!

Yeah, its probably based on actual forum stuff, some things are funny because their true image

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I've been every one of them at one point or another

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

My worry is that if I find myself categorizing posts by archetype poster types, focusing on the style of communication, I've probabily started ignoring the actual ideas the person behind each post is attempting to communicate.

( *comes back, re-reads my post, gets annoyed at myself for sounding so joyless* )

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

hahahahahahahahahha

Nicely done.

But, really, can't you put in poster 16 to say something like, "who cares as long as it's fun." I think that guy deserves to be immortalized in print for sheer post count, alone.

Originally posted by DamonVileSo can you pick yourself out in that joke :)

Poster 4.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Respect the wise elders! Poster 4 is right and the others are wrong.

Stereotypes are always fun, no matter what subject

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Arclan

hahahahahahahahahha

Nicely done.

But, really, can't you put in poster 16 to say something like, "who cares as long as it's fun." I think that guy deserves to be immortalized in print for sheer post count, alone.

Originally posted by DamonVileSo can you pick yourself out in that joke :)

Poster 4.

On this site he'd be saying who cares as long as it's free.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    With gamers being so good pattern recognition until such patterns become boring its funny they go to forums and create the same recurring patterns.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    My new template!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Nothing else to say.

/forums 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    So true XD
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Forums are a wealth of knowledge...  that only exist for others to disagree with.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

I'd say poster 1 or  poster 7, but I hate addressing preferences (whether or not I consider a game good/bad) and I hate cherry picking and semantics, but I will ramble endlessly about whatever subject is at hand and seem to spin into wall of text arguments with people that both cherry pick and only argue forms of opinion or over semantics.

So I'm that other annoying one that didn't get mentioned. :p

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

I am the poster 3. The guy with very less time to play MMOS.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

OK, so I am clearly poster 4, would you kids get off my damn lawn now!

I enjoyed the strip and clearly have seen examples of just about every panel in there on these forums.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    That was funny thanks for posting it op.
  • Kaelaan21Kaelaan21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    Ugh... you mean I have to wait a year before I necro this thread?
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I think at some point, I have probably been all of them :)

Great laughs. Thanks, OP!

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR