Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Costumes & Dancing in New Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new ArcheAge video has cropped up on the Korean YouTube page. In it, players are seen wearing what can only be described as "terribly cute bear costumes" and dancing the night away. Let's not forget the skydiving on a...sloth kite? You have to see it to believe it. Let us know what you think!

Ed Note: It is worth pointing out that this is the cash shop update. All things included in the video are optional purchases by players should they choose to do so. Thanks to our forumites for the reminder.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194

I want whatever the developers are smoking.

*edited*

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Well, I lost interest back when the cars were mentioned but this just 'seals the deal".

Still, good luck to those who decide to play.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    *edited*

What little interest I had left that may make me think "Meh, it's something to play a month or two when it comes out" has gone as well. What in the world....

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Cars are fine by me with a lore-friendly explanation, but sloth kites and bear costumes... eh, no, thank you. On the bright side, GW2 has similar stuff in its cash shop and almost no one uses it.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

*edited*

This is the Korean version of the game, the world does not revolve around the west you know. Trion are covering the western version and understands that we have different tastes.

And other than the dancing everything else you are seeing is in the cash shop, just like GW2 has similar things in it's cash shop.

No one has to buy these things if they don't want to, if you are going to report then at least give all the information.

It's Novembers cash shop update that you are seeing.

What makes me laugh is that every single person in this thread will play the game no matter the "i'm not playing now" blah blah rubbish.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118

I .. just wanted to leave a reply, but I don't really know what to write on it.

Oh, but there is something to write ...

WHAT THE FUCK ...............

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119
    how is this different then in any other games, you all should know by now that they need to add a variety of content for different players needs, im sure there are gonna be lots and lots of different mounts, but how can this make you less interrested in a game, i dont get it, they cant make a game for your needs only you know.
  • wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119
    Exactly DMKano, im with you on this one.
    Originally posted by DMKano

It's always amusing to me that people focus on this little ancillary thing when 99.999999% of the actual *gameplay* has zero to do with this.

Its like focusing on hair on hobbits feet and ignoring the actual *story* of Lord of the Rings books.

But I guess since most have not played ArcheAge this is all you have to go on, videos that show of bear costumes, and not actual depth of gameplay.

But those who've actually played it know how unimportant this is - let's focus on Korgis in Rift as that is all there is, right?

/face palm

You do know there are a bazillion other clothing/armor/kite options that are not sloths and bears, right?

Why not judge every MMO by one stupid costume they have - they all have it, but that would be silly, just like it is here.

Seems only three of us actually understand this, poor reporting from the OP.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

What makes me laugh is that every single person in this thread will play the game no matter the "i'm not playing now" blah blah rubbish.

I'll take that bet.

Wish there was a way to confirm and collect.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I'll take that bet.

I'd like to join in on this.. The more I hear about this game, the less I want to play. I'm now at 0 %.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I have to say, I was interested in this game for world pvp and development into that avenue. If they did that right I would only, and just only, be able to stomach all this over the top fantasy. By the looks of stuff like this I'm less and less interested in playing this game.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    This game won't even be released in the west, so no need to worry.
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619

I dont get all the fuss... This has absolutely nothing to do with the game. Its still the same game, all the PVP, all the farming and sandboxiness. All the castle sieges and glider divebombings and pirate ships.... for craps sake who the eff cares about a bear costume? Every MMO has rediculous over the top costumes and mounts and other hilarious stuff on the cash shop.

But hey guess what... if you dont like it, you dont have to buy it.... novel idea I know. I hereby grant you permission to not spend money on over the top fantasy rediculous costumes in the cash shop. There, now dont you all feel better? Can we get back to actual gameplay, mechanics and maybe even how Trion will handle things here for us, like pay models and stuff that actually matters and not waste time on this nonsense?

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    In the interest in keeping the thread on topic, which is the new video, I am removing my PERSONAL comments from the thread and any responses to them that are not focused on the topic.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    My interest didn't plummet to zero (that's determined by game mechanics after all), but I do wonder why the heck Korean companies insist on treating their games' lore and setting as pieces of toiletpaper by throwing in these kinds of ridiculous things.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

bring it I am so bored I dawn loaded STOR and secret world again just to play something.

not great buy maybe it will keep me busy for a view days.

again wild star should release now every one wants something to play.

they are going to loose going up against ESO.

they could have made sooooo mush money now.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    I sure hope Trion put these costumes in the ground and have them never to appear in the west version of the game. If we ever get it that is...
  • bexinhbexinh Member UncommonPosts: 69
    WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENS???
    Originally posted by SBFord

It's always amusing to me that people focus on this little ancillary thing when 99.999999% of the actual *gameplay* has zero to do with this.

Its like focusing on hair on hobbits feet and ignoring the actual *story* of Lord of the Rings books.

But I guess since most have not played ArcheAge this is all you have to go on, videos that show of bear costumes, and not actual depth of gameplay.

But those who've actually played it know how unimportant this is - let's focus on Korgis in Rift as that is all there is, right?

/face palm

You do know there are a bazillion other clothing/armor/kite options that are not sloths and bears, right?

Why not judge every MMO by one stupid costume they have - they all have it, but that would be silly, just like it is here.

Not poor reporting at all. It is simply a video that the AA team put out. It is reported. What I said reflected my own self, my own thoughts about this as a gamer, not as site staff. 

I added this to the end for clarification: 

Ed Note: It is worth pointing out that this is the cash shop update. All things included in the video are optional purchases by players should they choose to do so. Thanks to our forumites for the reminder.

As for the game, well i'm pretty confident that these trivial things will be the last thing on your mind once you log into AA.

The games has a hella lot going for it and if Trion do it right they really do have a smash hit on their hands. I can't blame anyone who hasn't played the game for feeling as they do but they are in for a real shock once they do actually play the game.

Trion would do well to release more info and vids imo.

• CarcinomaCarcinoma Member Posts: 19
    This is just SAD...
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl
    My interest didn't plummet to zero (that's determined by game mechanics after all), but I do wonder why the heck Korean companies insist on treating their games' lore and setting as pieces of toiletpaper by throwing in these kinds of ridiculous things.

Ermm perhaps they have a different culture than in the west. Is that ok with you or should they copy the western mmo culture that is doing oh so well.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

heh. thought it was kinda cool in a weird way. cash shop items...yeah

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

/face palm

I was disgusted when I saw this yesterday. I still am.  I'm trying to keep proportion though.

Here's the thing.  I've never been fully sold on the game. There are something I really like, the world detail for one. Being able to interact with what seems like all types of objects. Then there are somethings I hate. Questing to level cap being the most hated. 

My second tier of hate includes immersion breaking, silly stuff for the sake of.... breaking immersion? Things like Coke vending machines, cars, and bear costumes. 

FFS what is this game? Is it fantasy or is the sims? It seems like somewhere only the way, XL lost their way and began trying to make AA all things to all people. At best, their message has lost its why. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I'll take that bet.

I think I might get that bet too. There is a very very very low chance to try the game since now I am 100% sure that this game will be F2P. So downloading a game which at first I was kinda excited for , and play it a bit is O.K.

But I will surely take the bet , that I will not play this game for more then few times.

Wildstar will be the game I'll be playing. THAT is a game which devs are really listening and are focusing on content and not on stupid-ultra-WTF fluff content.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!