Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pathfinder Online: Latest Update Features Game Play Video

2»

Comments

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by Theely
    I get the sense that this video is their small celebration. They finally got the system in place to handle making a small city and couple spawn points. Just enough to host some half ready fights. This video would about the equivalent to writing your first Hello World program and is something to be proud of! Congrats Goblin, let see how well you polish and hopefully make characters look better. :P

Bingo.

To add context: It's an update for kickstarter backers showing progress from basically zero to pre-alpha wip so far. Basically it's been a fun project to have backed and the updates and info are all timely and on budget and on time so far. So far lots of value in being a backer watching the game development side of things. image

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I am just disappointed Paizo couldn't throw some money at their own game. 

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Looks ok for a pre-alpha build.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Looks pretty good for a pre-Alpha.   Liking the look of the walled cities.    :)
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

People can't seem to wrap around the concept that this is a very much pre-Alpha footage.  Game is not to have open enrollment until 2015 if that and Early Enrollment (closed beta) isn't till the end of 2014.

The game has potential, still waiting to see how well they incorperate their concepts.

My one gripe is that the fix how they hold a sword with the off hand fully extended just bouts.  Sure there will be a lot to tweaking and hopefully they deliver a high quality product.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Coming along nicely I see, I never knew about this game until after the kickstarter. I would have backed it otherwise, hope it continues to impress.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    looking for  an oportunity to donate to this project, the devs are quite transparent, timed based progression, complex systems, cant w8.
  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Yeah, graphics help, but it's the systems underpinning the game world and (hopefully) how fun the combat is and how much choice players have in combat eg pve, pvp, mass combat, sieges, raiding outposts, robbing caravans, guarding and bounty-hunting...

You just don't need amazing graphics for that sh*t !!!

Look FTL a little game with a lot of gameplay and barebones graphics. Magic.

Graphics are nice to have's but it's the systems underneath that allow players to deduct novel strategies to get what they want that is where the fun is.

I'm hoping despite being an indie limited endeavour Goblinworks can bring a bit of Ultima Online Simulation back into MMORPGs.

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Peenenvy

People judging the game when its not even in alpha. Its just showing you a work in progress.

Exxactly. I'm enjoying all the hate being thrown at what is clearly not a finished game, or even alpha ready product. I guess that's the 'Now Generation' peeping up..

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by SunwolfNC
    Originally posted by Peenenvy

People judging the game when its not even in alpha. Its just showing you a work in progress.

Exxactly. I'm enjoying all the hate being thrown at what is clearly not a finished game, or even alpha ready product. I guess that's the 'Now Generation' peeping up..

They shouldn't release footage if they don't want it to be judged.

You make me like charity