Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What a joke

I replied to that thread on the official forums about making clan holdings more valuable with:

Holdings were valuable in DF1. In DFUW they aren't. What changed? Food for thought.

And I was permabanned for 'Poisonous Comments', whatever the fuck that means.

AV its probably best you just close up shop now to avoid any further embarassment to yourselves.

Comments

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Caaahl

Well derserved ban, you poisonous evil person.

How dare you expressing critisism towards Aventurine.

;)

This made me laugh!

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    I don't doubt it. Silencing the critics is priority number one for AV right now.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Desperate times at AV, they'll need to find a bigger rug!!!
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by kinghussien

I replied to that thread on the official forums about making clan holdings more valuable with:

Holdings were valuable in DF1. In DFUW they aren't. What changed? Food for thought.

AV its probably best you just close up shop now to avoid any further embarassment to yourselves.

They're not the least bit worried about embarrasing themselves as long as it makes them money. Closing shop will only happen when they're losing more staying open than they're making.

imageimage
  • 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

AV is doomed and their censorship is even bleeding over to these forums.  My poll on AjentOranj was locked due to being "trolling"  when it was no such thing.  You just know that Bior39 --->  AjentOranj's new mmorpg account was behind the whole thing and will continue to whine to the mods over here.

Originally posted by JoeyMMO

They're not the least bit worried about embarrasing themselves as long as it makes them money. Closing shop will only happen when they're losing more staying open than they're making.

Wrong, AV does not need to make money and has not for several years.  They are subsidized by the Greek government as one of the few Greek "tech" companies.  The unfortunate results of this subsidizing are the lack of communication and pitiful performance we see today.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Apologies for going off-topic (this is obviously the OP's opportunity to vent (which is healthy)) but I'd like to discuss the actual topic as I've been wondering that also.

What makes DF1 holdings more valuable than DF2 ones?

• The proximity to mobs that drop good gear/prowess? Seeing mobs drop nothing useful ??
    • Wonders - we lost our city on NA because people "in the know" thought wonders were about to be implemented (sounds like MO to anyone??) and our city is a wonder city.
    • When daily/weekly prowess is introduced certain holdings will again become valuable.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by marcust

Apologies for going off-topic (this is obviously the OP's opportunity to vent (which is healthy)) but I'd like to discuss the actual topic as I've been wondering that also.

• The proximity to mobs that drop good gear/prowess? Seeing mobs drop nothing useful ??
    • In DF1 the location of your holding relative to certain mob spawns played a HUGE role in its value.  In DFUW because of the horrendous loot tables, enchanting being removed and the narrowed down class gear system location is virtually meaningless.  This is one of the biggest if not the single biggest issue.
    • Wonders - we lost our city on NA because people "in the know" thought wonders were about to be implemented (sounds like MO to anyone??) and our city is a wonder city.
    • Wonders were cool, but not particularly valuable as they were extremely expensive and once your character had capped stats the bonus provided was worthless.
    • When daily/weekly prowess is introduced certain holdings will again become valuable.
    • Perhaps this would help, but any guild that could take and hold the "better" holdings would have little use for "dailies" making this entire system useless.

There are several other factors that also need to be addressed.  The top three of these are:

Literally 5x or more chaos banks and especially chaos banks with bindstones (why invest in a holding when you can bank and bind for free?)  huge issue

Safe zone size and availiblity of easy safe afk resources (even without rare essences the ability to literally afk around the safe zone and harvest is kind of ridiculous) issue

Removal of clan holding portal chambers (like them or not having access to various easy ports around the world was an incentive) issue

There are other issues but these would be the biggest differences in holding value.

• kinghussienkinghussien Member Posts: 31

Probably the 2nd biggest difference is the presence of safe zones in DF2. The fact that you can literally max out your character and craft everything within a safezone makes going out of them pointless. Even if you put limits on the amount of PP you could earn in a SZ, wouldn't stop a lot of clans from using the SZ's to their advantages in seiges.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Probably the 2nd biggest difference is the presence of safe zones in DF2. The fact that you can literally max out your character and craft everything within a safezone makes going out of them pointless. Even if you put limits on the amount of PP you could earn in a SZ, wouldn't stop a lot of clans from using the SZ's to their advantages in seiges.

This is probably one of the best things about UW.  Newbs in DF1 were completely destroyed.  Now at least people can get acclimated and those that have "bad darkfall days" can retreat to a safe haven.  The negative impact you speak of is little and the positives are so much greater.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    they fixed 1 thing and ruined 5 in DFUW. oh well....
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Agent orange i take it? 

Also, they were more valuable, but they weren't like that because of lack of safe zones like the OP of that thread stated. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

Makes me wonder what other comments you made on other posts. Guess we'll never know.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by wrekognize

Makes me wonder what other comments you made on other posts. Guess we'll never know.

The mass deletions weren't isolated to one person. 

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462
    Originally posted by 123443211234

AV is doomed and their censorship is even bleeding over to these forums.  My poll on AjentOranj was locked due to being "trolling"  when it was no such thing.  You just know that Bior39 --->  AjentOranj's new mmorpg account was behind the whole thing and will continue to whine to the mods over here.

Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Wrong, AV does not need to make money and has not for several years.  They are subsidized by the Greek government as one of the few Greek "tech" companies.  The unfortunate results of this subsidizing are the lack of communication and pitiful performance we see today.

They lock discussion over here too.  Your being watched image

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

This company is filled with fools and its aroma of incompetence is spreading like a plague.

Shameful. Really.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    The first rule about Darkfall Unholy was forum: do not talk about darkfall online. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif