Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not buy this game [mod edit]

2»

Comments

• vieplis666vieplis666 RigaPosts: 33Member
    Bad business model, good to know this crap dying!
  • TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Amherest, MAPosts: 1,199Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by MrBoots
    The best result we could get is AV shutting down and another company taking over the development.

I doubt InteretQ will continue to fund a money pit , hopefully they'll sell off the rights. 

If Darkfall was a money pit it would have shut down years ago. It's obviously profitable, or the dev team wouldn't have grown so much. Small companies don't have the luxury of keeping money pits running.

And no one else getting the rights would release Darkfall as anyone likes it. Every publisher that look at it wanted to remove the FFA or add more safe zones, or get rid of looting. Love it or hate it, AV is the only company that can make and run darkfall.

I can't believe there are so many people acting like spoiled children about when updates come and when they don't. If you don't have fun in the game, quit. If not, you don't have to go on a smear campaign spreading lies and propaganda discrediting the ONLY game company that tried to make an MMO that wasn't a WoW clone.

• tom_goretom_gore TamperePosts: 1,954Member Uncommon

I agree that DF is crap, but I think your math is off.

2 accounts for 4 years for 14,95€ per month adds up to 720€, which I wouldn't call "well over thousand".

If you want to call out a company for exaggeration and lies, you should keep to facts yourself.

• HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa
    The best result we could get is AV shutting down and another company taking over the development.

I doubt InteretQ will continue to fund a money pit , hopefully they'll sell off the rights. 

If Darkfall was a money pit it would have shut down years ago. It's obviously profitable, or the dev team wouldn't have grown so much. Small companies don't have the luxury of keeping money pits running.

And no one else getting the rights would release Darkfall as anyone likes it. Every publisher that look at it wanted to remove the FFA or add more safe zones, or get rid of looting. Love it or hate it, AV is the only company that can make and run darkfall.

I can't believe there are so many people acting like spoiled children about when updates come and when they don't. If you don't have fun in the game, quit. If not, you don't have to go on a smear campaign spreading lies and propaganda discrediting the ONLY game company that tried to make an MMO that wasn't a WoW clone.

AV didn't sell of part of the company (soon to be the majority of it) because they were making money.

• CaaahlCaaahl LeipzigPosts: 229Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tom_gore

I agree that DF is crap, but I think your math is off.

2 accounts for 4 years for 14,95€ per month adds up to 720€, which I wouldn't call "well over thousand".

If you want to call out a company for exaggeration and lies, you should keep to facts yourself.

2 * 14,95 * 4 * 12 = 1435,20

I'm sorry, math isnt for everybody. Maybe grammar is your strong point.

Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

• CaaahlCaaahl LeipzigPosts: 229Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

You are either delusional or a fanboy spreading lies on purpose.

DF wasnt profitable and DFUW isnt profitable.

- AV had to sell shares of their company to InternetQ (source: AV, InternetQ)

- AV had to rush the release of the game (due to an agreement with InternetQ) and since they hadnt the manpower (read: money) to include all the features they cut a lot and/or postponed it to "soon afte release". This is confirmed by an ex AV employee (Tork Shaw) who gave the same Models/Armors for each Race as an example.

- AV moved out of their then new shiny buidling (source: Tasos Flambouras in an update)

- AV wasnt able to pay all their Devs in the recent months (source: Claus Grovdal, inventer of the original DF)

- AVs subscription numbers are only @ ~ 60% to the point when theyd become profitable (source: Claus Grovdal)

There are other things but i stick to the facts with AV employees as source.

Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

2»
This discussion has been closed.