Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recent MO Event Video

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Came across this video of the Event and figured I would share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoABwrCM-eM

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I always find anything about MO funny and entertaining on this "omg I can't believe how bad  this is" level.

The glitches, the bugs, the incompetent devs and how they grab money from fans just to ban them afterwards etc.

The thing is I don't even understand what's going on, on this vid.

Harbinger of Fools
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I always find anything about MO funny and entertaining on this "omg I can't believe how bad  this is" level.

The glitches, the bugs, the incompetent devs and how they grab money from fans just to ban them afterwards etc.

The thing is I don't even understand what's going on, on this vid.

I see pretty much every MMO as a cash grab.

I can't think of the last MMO that came out where I thought the basic game design was at all decent, save Mortal Online.

Its got bugs and incompetence issues for sure, but the MMO market is a choice between that and more of the same WOW type garbage.  Laugh all you want but we're all sitting in a genre full of low quality games and I don't find it funny that the demand for this sort of game is such that the bar has to be this low to find one..   

Still, the game works and we can play it.  It isn't just some fantasy wishlist posted here by a sandbox fan that we'll never see.  It has that much on the other PVE/PVP fantasy sandbox games -- it exists.

Well that's nice but that still doesn't give me insight to what is going on in this short clip.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    It looks better than Eve's combat.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    It's a guy sending a pet/minotaur on a spider, then he heals it. Almost like any other MMO that has pets. And it's not like this all the time. Here we have 40 sec footage. Completely pointless vid if you ask me. I could make a vid from any of those other MMOs where peeps send pets on AI and it's just as boring as this. At least in MO you risk being jumped by others while doing it, so you can never rly relax.

Ok that is nowhere near as funny as what I was thinking this was.

It reminded me of good old RO times where I would get botters killed by healing the monsters they were fighting.

Harbinger of Fools
  • ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    It's a guy sending a pet/minotaur on a spider, then he heals it. Almost like any other MMO that has pets. And it's not like this all the time. Here we have 40 sec footage. Completely pointless vid if you ask me. I could make a vid from any of those other MMOs where peeps send pets on AI and it's just as boring as this. At least in MO you risk being jumped by others while doing it, so you can never rly relax.

That looks like some kind of boss to me, am I wrong? Not sure you're supposed to solo them with your pet..

Originally posted by Toferio

That looks like some kind of boss to me, am I wrong? Not sure you're supposed to solo them with your pet..

Yeah. It is. Although a minotaur is a VERY strong pet. And if he gets constant heals hes one bad mofo. But we never see how this particular fight ends.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    I think the issue raised has little to do with pets and a lot more to do with the fact that a guild had a privately spawned mob appear within their palisade for them to farm without anyone else knowing. Could be wrong though...

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• ShabaleShabale Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    I think the issue raised has little to do with pets and a lot more to do with the fact that a guild had a privately spawned mob appear within their palisade for them to farm without anyone else knowing. Could be wrong though...

Seems to be a spot-on explanation. Every time I check around to see the game's progress, some kind of new exploit, dupe or staff corruption shows up, I really enjoyed that game at one point, such a shame.

Originally posted by Shabale

Seems to be a spot-on explanation. Every time I check around to see the game's progress, some kind of new exploit, dupe or staff corruption shows up, I really enjoyed that game at one point, such a shame.

Well I don't think that was any special treatment. The guy that looked through the wall later in the vid fights the very same spider, or at least something that looks just the same, just outside the pallisade.

But peeps love to pull the "staff corruption"-card every now and then. Mobs can be spawned and has been spawned all over Nave. Now it was near Guts keep. Not long ago, if I remember correctly, demons was spawned near Relics keep. And when I started playing way back, Risars invaded TOPs old keep in the north. So we had our keep filled with Risars, and that wasn't to fun... I guess players loging in to have a spider queen up their arse weren't to happy either.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Well I don't think that was any special treatment. The guy that looked through the wall later in the vid fights the very same spider, or at least something that looks just the same, just outside the pallisade.

But peeps love to pull the "staff corruption"-card every now and then. Mobs can be spawned and has been spawned all over Nave. Now it was near Guts keep. Not long ago, if I remember correctly, demons was spawned near Relics keep. And when I started playing way back, Risars invaded TOPs old keep in the north. So we had our keep filled with Risars, and that wasn't to fun... I guess players loging in to have a spider queen up their arse weren't to happy either.

There is a good reason people now assume everything is staff corruption and that is because mo has in the past been plagued with staff corruption.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

There is a good reason people now assume everything is staff corruption and that is because mo has in the past been plagued with staff corruption.

Multiple times... not isolated instances.  Sure things COULD have changed, but you cannot blame people who look at the documented historical evidence and see something fishy.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Yeah, and Germans once mass slaughtered jews... Just cause some1 has been bad once, doesn't mean they will be like that 4ever and ever. Some peeps actually learn from their misstakes. In this case SV has tighten up the control of their game. And it's been ages since any1 cried "corruption" in MO. This vid is pretty damn far from being evidence off corruption. As I've said earlier, and also explained. I see absolutely nothing wrong in this vid.