Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MVP Forum Rumors

Comments

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa
    Originally posted by MrBoots
    So I heard only 15 people got in and most of them are "AV friendly" types.

Christ, are we really going to do the rumor mongering already? It was bad enough pre release and during beta. 99% of it was lies.

What lies are you referring to? Tasos?

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Christ, are we really going to do the rumor mongering already? It was bad enough pre release and during beta. 99% of it was lies.

The constant conspiracy theories that Aventurine wasn't an actual game company, their HQ didn't exist. That the beta game contained special features that got cut last minute, that there were zap towers every 2 feet, rumors that spawned and ran rampant through the community that was way too eager to eat them.

The constant conspiracy theories that Aventurine wasn't an actual game company, their HQ didn't exist. That the beta game contained special features that got cut last minute, that there were zap towers every 2 feet, rumors that spawned and ran rampant through the community that was way too eager to eat them.

This is the Darkfall Unholy Wars forum, the one that released in April 2013. Why would anyone think AV didn't exist when they released DF in 2009 and kept the server open until DFUW beta ? Why would there be a community for a game and company that didnt exist, on their website no less? That doesn't make any sense.

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289

Old Rumor: AV couldn't afford their large expensive office anymore. AV was forced to move into a much smaller place with cheap rent. That rumor was all but confirmed by Tasos himself.

August is usually the month when we take vacation time in Greece But with moving our offices, trying to catch up with our update schedule, along with the Asian version of the game in testing, we've kept the company running throughout August.

Old Rumor: AV couldn't afford their large expensive office anymore. AV was forced to move into a much smaller place with cheap rent. That rumor was all but confirmed by Tasos himself.

August is usually the month when we take vacation time in Greece But with moving our offices, trying to catch up with our update schedule, along with the Asian version of the game in testing, we've kept the company running throughout August.

They haven't bothered to update their address anywhere, not a good sign if they did move.

This is the Darkfall Unholy Wars forum, the one that released in April 2013. Why would anyone think AV didn't exist when they released DF in 2009 and kept the server open until DFUW beta ? Why would there be a community for a game and company that didnt exist, on their website no less? That doesn't make any sense.

The point is that the people following Darkfall always make up bullshit, and you shouldn't waste time believing any of it.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Why this MVP bullshit  ?

people suggest sandbox features since day 1 of  DF beta.

You don't need to install MVP ..you need to build sandbox features and not  themepark gameplay , classes and all that shit in DF:UW.

>.<

there is zero confidence that the elitist fanbois that got invited to these MVP and pose the minority of DF supporters will change anything for te good.

The suggestion have been noumerous and not hidden.  Local banks and ressources,  complex crafting  and  raw material mechanics.  Dynamic  content  (mob spawns, resources spawn etc).  Freedom in building everywhere. Empire building mechanics like borders etc...

This is all in public and  no hidden forums will help bring thiose sandbox features into light.

Want players stay in your game ?  make it complex and worthwile enough forplayers to identify themselvs with the char andthe world of DF. 

DF:UW is shallow  an d can hold anyone up but the simplest minds who bash each other even there is no meaning behind it and no mechanic suporting it. Unfortunately for AV  that is not the MMORPG player .  MMORPG player want to be immersed in the world  and with the char, want to discover and solve complexity ..

You don't need MVP forums for these wisdom....and AV escapes everything of that...

as it shows..

classes,

global AH,

static safezones,

no freedom in housing,

no freedom in playerholdings,

static mob spawns,

static building order,

take out landmass including all the lovely small islands that have been great hideout places for pirates,

etc.. etc.. etc of really bad game design decisions ....

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• HEKKRAHEKKRA Member UncommonPosts: 80

I really can't understand they put that Hardcore Casual guy into the MVP. It just shows that AV is incompetent, and not understanding what kind of people play this game.

Their main problem was the class system. It's what this game is build around and where they went into the wrong direction.

Originally posted by Caaahl

A MVP forum member took the time to post on the dfuw forums a little sum up about mvp forum activities so far.

-----------------------------

SynCaine:

"I can do a quick update, I'm not sure if anyone else from the MVP forum is going to finish something more 'official'.

We talked about villages. AV talked about a new tug-of-war system for villages and we went over some of the details. It was agreed to keep the system as AV has it designed rather than makes changes in order to get it into the game sooner. No details were given on when that might be.

A topic about economy was started. Not much agreement from the MVP community on how to fix it, or to what extent. Some of the same stuff was brought up (enchanting, nerfing this, buffing that), no feedback from AV on that topic yet.

We had some back and forth amongst MVP forum members (no AV posts) about the idea of a Seasons server (wipe every 90 days or so). I'll let others get into the details of that.

Not a whole lot of feedback from AV sadly, at least not to the level of driving any conversations forward. Hopefully that improves."

-----------------------------

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?382925-quot-We-ll-be-posting-updates-on-what-is-being-discussed-quot-Tasos-Flambouras-1-11-13&p=6204675&viewfull=1#post6204675

SynCaine is a biased bad source. He was one of a few had access to DF Headquarters back 1 year prior DF:UW and he painted everything in pink colours encouraging customers to stay subbed and continue to waste money on DF and not the slightest warning on the horrendous changes and plans from AV to destroy Darkfall.

SynCaine is a biased source and can't be trusted.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• detectivemodetectivemo Member Posts: 5

They haven't bothered to update their address anywhere, not a good sign if they did move.

They lost their offices, they did not relocate to a permanent spot because they don't have the funds for it.  The information I got was they are sharing with another place and using a very small room & the rest are working from home etc.  I'm not sure what work they are doing because there hasn't been any updates besides the MVP forums...

I don't post in the MVP forums because I feel I would just turn my posts negative.  If you saw some of the names that are in there it would make you sick.  Some of them even got banned from DF 1.0 for cheating.  Nobody is really missing anything on this forum because there is not much being posted anyway.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by HEKKRA

I really can't understand they put that Hardcore Casual guy into the MVP. It just shows that AV is incompetent, and not understanding what kind of people play this game.

Their main problem was the class system. It's what this game is build around and where they went into the wrong direction.

The fact that you think the main problem with the game is the class system is what baffles me. The class system, as shallow as it is, is better than the "I can do everything because I'm a god" system we had for DFO and, as far as underline issues with the game is concerned, its on the bottom of the list. 

As to the update on the MVP forums: No one knows who all got into the MVP forums, not even the members. AV hasn't made that public to anyone yet. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by xpiher

The fact that you think the main problem with the game is the class system is what baffles me. The class system, as shallow as it is, is better than the "I can do everything because I'm a god" system we had for DFO and, as far as underline issues with the game is concerned, its on the bottom of the list. 

As to the update on the MVP forums: No one knows who all got into the MVP forums, not even the members. AV hasn't made that public to anyone yet. 

No xipher your inability to see the big picture here is whats lacking.  The class system is a waste of time and resources when all they needed to do was add in a skill cap with the original system and everything would have been fine and dandy.  Instead you now have flavor of the month classes w/out a respec option, all the balance issues to go with an incomplete class system and 3/4 of the gear you loot is worthless, cause you can't use it.

Originally posted by 123443211234

No xipher your inability to see the big picture here is whats lacking.  The class system is a waste of time and resources when all they needed to do was add in a skill cap with the original system and everything would have been fine and dandy.  Instead you now have flavor of the month classes w/out a respec option, all the balance issues to go with an incomplete class system and 3/4 of the gear you loot is worthless, cause you can't use it.

You do realize that a skill cap = custom class system with all the problems you hate about a class system right? DFO needed more than a skill cap, it needed massive balance changes and a load out system. 

But if you think everything else was perfect in DFO (minus the grind) then you really don't understand why most people quit.

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• HEKKRAHEKKRA Member UncommonPosts: 80

The most people quit because of the blatant exploiting in the beginning of the game and AV not doing anything about it. And the massive grind.

You always think that we wanted to stay everything. Which was a load of crap, and it just shows that you never actually played or actually read other peoples post. The only thing you see is your own narrowminded views and posts that 90% of the people ignore.

We have been demanding some sort of cap or that you cant have all the magic schools since everything. If they just put in a hardcap and started to balance every skill individually. Rock Paper Scissors, is harder to balance than anything. Just look at world of warcraft. This game has been out 9 years and they can't balance each class right.

did everyone here forgot about the armor specialization system that was promised with the DF2010 expansion and that would have solved DF problem already making classes unneccessarily ?

Armor with Bonus for a spcific playstyle and penalties for others (with boni and special attributes activated on complete sets) in conjuction with prestige titles..thats all what was promised AND officially announced, till to the sad day of classes we first time saw entering this DF:UW Beta...

That would be the sandbox way ...AV decided going WoW themepark ...

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

did everyone here forgot about the armor specialization system that was promised with the DF2010 expansion and that would have solved DF problem already making classes unneccessarily ?

Armor with Bonus for a spcific playstyle and penalties for others (with boni and special attributes activated on complete sets) in conjuction with prestige titles..thats all what was promised AND officially announced, till to the sad day of classes we first time saw entering this DF:UW Beta...

They promised so much which we knew would never make it in and why many of us tried to warn people.  Hopefully they sell the license to a competent dev company.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by 123443211234

You do realize that a skill cap = custom class system with all the problems you hate about a class system right? DFO needed more than a skill cap, it needed massive balance changes and a load out system. 

But if you think everything else was perfect in DFO (minus the grind) then you really don't understand why most people quit.

See Hekkra's post for the single largest reason.  A simple skill cap and server wipe would have done wonders for the population especially with the reduced grind at the end.  No it wouldn't have solved everything but it would have been way better than the steaming pile of shit that DFUW is.

The most people quit because of the blatant exploiting in the beginning of the game and AV not doing anything about it. And the massive grind.

You always think that we wanted to stay everything. Which was a load of crap, and it just shows that you never actually played or actually read other peoples post. The only thing you see is your own narrowminded views and posts that 90% of the people ignore.

We have been demanding some sort of cap or that you cant have all the magic schools since everything. If they just put in a hardcap and started to balance every skill individually. Rock Paper Scissors, is harder to balance than anything. Just look at world of warcraft. This game has been out 9 years and they can't balance each class right.

Yup your exactly right.  Hell the first month of release they actually did have the opposing magic school thing in place, then they patched it out for who knows what reason.  If they had just added in the skill cap and then wiped the server and started out fresh they would likely still have 10's of thousands of subs instead of just a couple thousand.

No, what they said was that gear would completely block out access to skills. It was the same system with armor being the deciding factor of what skill you could take not a "class" They even said you wouldn't be allowed to mix and match armors/ 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

No, what they said was that gear would completely block out access to skills. It was the same system with armor being the deciding factor of what skill you could take not a "class" They even said you wouldn't be allowed to mix and match armors/ 

NO

"Character skill set customization and role selection through the implementation of Darkfall’s new armor system and through attribute boost via achievements: What armor you wear  greatly affects which skills you can use effectively and it makes others ineffective. You’re highly specialized in one role making your character extremely efficient and effective in that role. The major attribute boost works exponentially to give your character access to special items and weapons setting him further apart from the hybrids."

Source : darkfall 2.0 a closer look on epic blog

The magic words being "effective" and "ineffective" (but nowhere blocked out) , pay also attention to the last part "setting him further apart from the hybrids". Mix match armor IS possible but in that case you would miss out the boni for complete sets.

Armor  + attrributes specializations is what was promised and NOWHERE classes...

Armor  + attrributes specializations is what was promised and NOWHERE classes...

There's a hard line between "promised" and talked about.

They also talked about prestige classes before armor specs. Systems evolve and change as they go. They probably thought classes were easier to balance (and they were right, look at the fucked up mess that was DF1 when it was a totally open skill system, only ONE viable class, period.)

I wish they had gone with armor spec or prestige classes, but like most decisions with UW, I'd rather have it scaled back and working, than half broken (alignment, quests, racial differences). Because the game isn't broken, the PvP is far more fun than the last game. It's just a lot blander too.

They also talked about prestige classes before armor specs. Systems evolve and change as they go. They probably thought classes were easier to balance (and they were right, look at the fucked up mess that was DF1 when it was a totally open skill system, only ONE viable class, period.)

I wish they had gone with armor spec or prestige classes, but like most decisions with UW, I'd rather have it scaled back and working, than half broken (alignment, quests, racial differences). Because the game isn't broken, the PvP is far more fun than the last game. It's just a lot blander too.

Oh...... maybe i should include a sentence that was just few lines above that quote  introducing the part about armor..

"Today, we’ll talk a bit about some of the changes that are already implemented."

Originally posted by Mardukk

I'm confused.  Wasn't that balance patch almost exactly what people wanted for a long time?  I'm guessing there won't be much that is going to make many people happy.  Maybe if I played DFO I would be carrying a torch as well.

The balance patch is exactly what the Unholy Wars players wanted. But most UW players don't post here, they post on the official boards. MMORPG.com has never been kind to Darkfall threads, and the only reason posts are popping up now are from a tiny dedicated contingent of Darkfall 1 fans who are doing their best to drag unholy wars into the mud because they hate it compared to DF1.

Meanwhile, the main thing UW fans are grumping about are the slow updates and missed time tables. Rightly so, too.

[mod edit]

Oh...... maybe i should include a sentence that was just few lines above that quote about and ontroducing the part about armor..

"Today, we’ll talk a bit about some of the changes that are already implemented."

What's your point? Are you saying that once something has been implemented, it can never get removed?

Do you understand programming or game design AT ALL?

Did it occur to you that they had the armor system in the game, tried to balance it, and it didn't work, so they scrapped it? Game companies do this CONSTANTLY.

Oh...... maybe i should include a sentence that was just few lines above that quote about and ontroducing the part about armor..

What's your point? Are you saying that once something has been implemented, it can never get removed?

Did it occur to you that they had the armor system in the game, tried to balance it, and it didn't work, so they scrapped it? Game companies do this CONSTANTLY.

Do you understand what a announcement and official update is  ?  It has to be accurate till it gets announced as changed...

It hasnt been announcent as changed TILL THE  DAY THEY WIPED DF SERVER.

Do you understand what it means to customers ? 

Do you understand what a announcement and official update is  ?  It has to be accurate till it gets announced as changed...

It hasnt been announcent as changed TILL THE  DAY THEY WIPED DF SERVER.

Do you understand what it means to customers ? 

You seem to not be getting this...

In all things, especially software development, things change.

One of the reasons AV and many other game companies are so slow with their updates is because they don't like promising an idea and then changing it, because it spawns angry people and gives them something to rant and rattle about. Like you're doing.

Long before they wiped the DF1 server they announced that the armor system had been changed and that the updates they had been working on had been migrated to an upgraded game/engine, so you're wrong there.

Do you understand that AV are not forcing you to keep paying until those updates happen? If you don't like the game, don't pay. If you payed in hopes of getting something later, that's your own risk.

Armor specializing obviously didn't work or they would have kept it in the game. But it sounds you'd rather have a broken game, and that AV never ever pulled anything out that wasn't working just so that you can claim they kept all their "promises" than a game that actually worked/was fun.