Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asian (Korean?) Launch Date for Darkfall Unholy Wars: 10/30/2013

-Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

http://darkfall.mgame.com/

Just noticed there is a launch date for the Asian version of the game.  After 14 years Darkfall is now in Asia!

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• mmochallengemmochallenge Member Posts: 11

Nice to see more people in the world that will get a taste of Darkfall.  This is their game play video.

Take the 30 days MMO Challenge!

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

Well its clearly written in Korean, so yeah it must be a Korean release.

And LOL at their gameplay video. That video showed us next to nothing and it was really boring. It sure won't attract a lot of people with such a crappy vid. I wonder why they are trying to release this game in Korea where nearly EVERYONE only like MMO with crappy gameplay and lots of grind. This is doom to fail right off the bat. They clearly never made any research on the Korean MMO market.

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    At least its Free, unlike western version. 

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by ilives

Nope it not free in Asia.  It like saying movies in Netflix are free.  They are not free, you need paid active memberships.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Originally posted by gamekid2k

Nope it not free in Asia.  It like saying movies in Netflix are free.  They are not free, you need paid active memberships.

It's FREE with cash shop, it's been the plan from the beginning.  The asian client even had FREE access to the beta.

Originally posted by Salenger

Wonder if the Korean vesion will have the shit performance that the NA/EU versions do during medium to large sieges...i mean really bad...hell you can get low FP Swith a 10v10.

DFUW sucks.

DFUW is running on the same crappy servers used for DF. I wouldn't be surprised if Mgame has much better equipment, but not certain if hardware will help./

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Will flop there aswell
  • gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    It should be launching in Japan, too. I think much of the marketing for this game in Korea is focusing on exploiting the rivalry between Korea and Japan. I haven't found the Japanese site, though, and I can't read Japanese. If anyone can, please post up.

http://darkfall.mgame.jp/teaser/index.html

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

It's FREE with cash shop, it's been the plan from the beginning.  The asian client even had FREE access to the beta.

Care to share where you get that info? Because according to THIS source, you're wrong.

Originally posted by SirFubar

Care to share where you get that info? Because according to THIS source, you're wrong.

Are you joking? That "source" is from this thread http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/398311 , even the OP recants as misinformation.

"Mgame cs rep called back and said "highly likely" the game will be f2p and that they will sell in-game items."

<div cfbody"="">

http://www.internetq.com/company-news/investment-aventurine

"The co-development of the Asian Darkfall 2.0, which is to be a free-to-play version of the original game;"

Originally posted by SirFubar

Are you joking? That "source" is from this thread http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/398311 , even the OP recants as misinformation.

"Mgame cs rep called back and said "highly likely" the game will be f2p and that they will sell in-game items."

<div cfbody"="">

http://www.internetq.com/company-news/investment-aventurine

"The co-development of the Asian Darkfall 2.0, which is to be a free-to-play version of the original game;"

Nah I wasn't joking, it was the only decent source I've found by doing a quick search. I guess it's cool for the asian market that it will be F2P but I still seriously doubt the game will take off there since the market of Asian MMO are primarily focus on grinding MMO. And seeing how many hackers/exploiters are in the actual game, it will be a real mess in the Asian version.

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462

Unless your in Korea or Japan I wouldn't hold your hopes up for playing the Asian version:

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?382412-Agent-Oranj

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Unless they go against the trend in MMO gaming in Asia and want to piss off their player base, they can't stop people from playing it outside Japan. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Originally posted by xpiher
    Unless they go against the trend in MMO gaming in Asia and want to piss off their player base, they can't stop people from playing it outside Japan. 

Which player base would that be?  I surely wouldn't want to play on an Asian server, even if NA /Euro are dead. It's laughable to think AV is going to allow its PAYING western players to switch to the FREE Asian client. 

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by xpiher

Which player base would that be?  I surely wouldn't want to play on an Asian server, even if NA /Euro are dead. It's laughable to think AV is going to allow its PAYING western players to switch to the FREE Asian client. 

Playing on the Asian server is against the Terms of Services.