Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

9 reasons why Xbox One beats PS4

Comments

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515
    ugh, 9 reasons why people continue to spew vitriol.....

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Even though the controller is just whatever your most are comfortable with, Ill say that the Xbox gamepad is better for shooters but for most other genres especially fighting games like Tekken and Marvel vs Capcom and action adventure hack and slash games like Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden the DS4 is better.  For RPGs I prefer the DS4 since its smaller and lighter for those long hours in rpgs.
  • EliminatREliminatR Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    Originally posted by taylormade
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    Post count 4 and account made today to tell us all how fantastic the xbone is despite all the negativity surrounding it. Smells like shill to me.

So back in 2008 when you made your 1st post were you some kind of special poster?  Negative?  Oh you mean graphics?  Yeah that's not negative according to the experts it's minimal and 99.9% won't notice.  

Nice attempt to try and spin my comment on "negative" about graphics. I'm talking about ALL the negativity about the xbone.

Lets face it, the sales numbers after launch will tell the real story. See ya then!

Funny you say that because the numbers right now for PS4 pre-orders are way more than XONE.  Im so happy im switching over to PS4 from all that I have found out.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Why not get both? If 600 dollars is too much, you have bigger issues than deciding which console to get

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

In the end the only exclusive game that matters to me the most is coming to Wii U and fortunately I have already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHYtvOP8AMY&hd=1

This game blows all those exclusives away for PS4 and Xbone in my opinion.

• EliminatREliminatR Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by Tatercake

well if your stupid then get the xbox  let government and Nsa have control of all you do and say  do your research  before you type the new xbox is a fail

shit the 360 was a fail

^^^^ THIS!!! Except the 360 was better than ps3

Originally posted by EliminatR
    Originally posted by Tatercake

well if your stupid then get the xbox  let government and Nsa have control of all you do and say  do your research  before you type the new xbox is a fail

shit the 360 was a fail

^^^^ THIS!!! Except the 360 was better than ps3

Not when it comes to exclusives.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by karmath
    The PS4 will age a lot better than the xbox. The graphics are slightly better in launch titles, expect the gap to widen. 

He is 100% correct. As a former xbox user I am making the switch to ps4. I've had enough problems with xbox customer service, and I am done being treated as a revenue stream by their xbox one drm antics.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i dont care which console will be better. After the PS4 launches ill get one for sure if the launch console doesnt come with any issues. I will also be purchasing an Xbox One but not for $500. My favorite console games are on Playstation so ill get the Xbox when the price drops significantly a few years down the road. EDIT: Gears of War was the only reason why i bought a 360. Im not buying another console for just one franchise unless the console is old and cheap, just like i did with the 360.

• JRRNeiklotJRRNeiklot Member UncommonPosts: 129

Xbox, Playstation,who cares?  It's still a shitty ass console.

Originally posted by JRRNeiklot

Xbox, Playstation,who cares?  It's still a shitty ass console.

no offense but PC will be a shitty ass PC until native gaming support comes to any OS outside of Windows.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by JRRNeiklot Xbox, Playstation,who cares?  It's still a shitty ass console.
    no offense but PC will be a shitty ass PC until native gaming support comes to any OS outside of Windows.

Nobody plays a console because it is better than a PC. They play it because they like the controller more than keyboard and like having it hooked up to their TV.

Originally posted by Ender4

Originally posted by rojo6934

Originally posted by JRRNeiklot Xbox, Playstation,who cares?  It's still a shitty ass console.

Nobody plays a console because it is better than a PC. They play it because they like the controller more than keyboard and like having it hooked up to their TV.

1- thats your opinion and your opinion only. Not a fact. Consoles dont have to be better than PC, but there are far too many reasons to choose one over a PC (and viceversa). I personally have both, why limit myself to one platform when all of them have exclusive games i want.

2- You compared PC to consoles. I didnt. You said consoles are shitty consoles (clearly in favor of PC). I said PC is also shitty (clearly because of windows, nothing else).

EDIT: i thought you were the same person i quoted first, so yeah, the other guy did the comparison, not you lol.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    PS4 is more powerful hardware with a smaller price tag. Would you pay more for a ford focus when you can get a mustang for less?

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

That might be one of the most poorly written and factually incorrect articles I've ever seen. Wow.

And why is everyone pretending Titalfall is an exclusive? If its on more than one platform, it's not exclusive.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

why is everyone pretending Titalfall is an exclusive? If its on more than one platform, it's not exclusive.

it won't be coming to PS4 -- for consoles, its exclusive to XBOX360 and XBOX1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/29/titanfall-an-xbox-one-360-pc-exclusive-for-its-lifetime

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Originally posted by Nadia

why is everyone pretending Titalfall is an exclusive? If its on more than one platform, it's not exclusive.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/29/titanfall-an-xbox-one-360-pc-exclusive-for-its-lifetime

NVM, I R can't read

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Nadia

But it's coming to the PC, thus, not exclusive.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

1. Probably. Sony's interface works, but it's not as good as Microsoft's. Then again, Sony's doesn't lead you down rabbit holes to things it says it can do, but won't, unless you pay for a subscription.

2. Both consoles have exclusive games. This isn't a win for either console.

3. Probably. The XBox controller really is good.

4. Kinect is not a 'win'. It hasn't been useful for anything other than dancing games. If people who buy the PS4 want to play dancing games, they can by a little eye device, and then for the same price, the PS4 will have the features necessary for gestures.

5. HDMI in isn't a win either. If it had more than one input and acted as a junction box to be the center of an entertainment system, then it would be a win.

6. I suppose Skype would be a win, if there was no such thing on Sony's side. There will be in-game chat for the PS4 too. Possibly without the NSA hooks too. :-)

7. Microsoft's online network has definitely had fewer intrusions than Sony's, if you ignore the NSA. It is definitely bigger too, and the important part is how likely it is to crash. As long as they aren't using Windows Azure, it should be a win.

8. I'm not sure how they came up with this. The XB1's hardware is at best the same as the PS4's, and in some ways worse. It's already showing signs of not performing as well as the PS4 in terms of pushing pixels, with everything else, at best the XB1 and PS4 will be on par.

9. This is a big maybe. The PS4 will have the major internet streaming services such as Hulu, Netflix, and whatever the other ones are. The difference is that the XB1's interface will probably be better, but then again the PS4 will not be charging a fee to use those internet streaming services. The PS4 will not be charging a monthly fee to surf the internet. So here, it seems like the PS4 is the budget winner, and the XB1 is the winner, if the goal is to spend more money to do something that can be done for free. The one downside is streaming from other devices on the home network. I have no idea how big a deal this is. It might be a big deal, but I don't think so.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I'm BadSpock and I approve this message.

XB1 > PS4

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by jpnz
    Why not get both? If 600 dollars is too much, you have bigger issues than deciding which console to get

I could get both if i wanted to but i've always had a PS, can't stand Xboxes. I'll have the best console and a top end PC and games like TESO will be rigged up to my 55in Samsung Smart TV through the PS4.

I'll get The Witcher 3 for my PC as i have a 30in monitor and i'll get Dark Souls 2 for the PS4.

I think your above statement is still pretty lame though, $600 or nearly €800+ is a lot of money for many people. image

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

its nice to see people still think that the Kinect is mandatory for Xbone 1 and that the NSA will use it to spy on you.

here is a late breaking article published in AUGUST that talks about it. . .

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-wont-actually-need-kinect-plugged-in-microso-1113142909

and here is the link to the Offical Xbone 1 feature list. Notice the blurb about Kinect. . .

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/get-the-facts

Now I am getting a PS4 myself, but even as a Playstation fanboi I am responsible enough to learn all the facts about both consoles. . .

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

I've never owned a console, but I can understand some of the reasons why people buy them. But still, I think the "save money" argument against PC's is complete and utter rubbish. Any intelligent person who wants to function at more than a stone age level these days needs a PC. And it's not that difficult to keep this PC gaming ready. So therefore people who are buying consoles will need both. And that's not the cheaper option.

Does anyone here actually not own a PC?

(Plus note: I use my PC as a television media center as well. And it works one helluva lot better than any "jailed" console ever will. If there's anything streaming, anywhere at all - I can watch it on my TV's using my PC as my media center and DVR.)

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy getting paid by Microsoft for it's ad:1)  Interface... the same basic interface they tried with Windows 8... how's that working out for them?  Terribly.  Why?  Because it's terrible.  Nevermind the dash doesn't do the intended work.  Pay $50 a year PLUS have ads shoved in your face.  Lovely.2)  72 PS4: 59 Xbox.  The only one worth mentioning is Titanfall which isn't an XBOX exclusive.  It's also on the PC.(source:  http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/54628/playstation-4-vs-xbox-one-a-list-of-all-confirmed-next-gen-titles-and-exclusives)3)  Best controller is subjective.  I do, however, agree.4)  Includes Kinect for $100 more.  A system that even the previewers state doesn't work with MICROSOFT people running it.  Kinect is garbage and forcing it down peoples throats it just hard to swallow.  This is coming from someone who put a LOT of money into Kinect and games only to have a disappointed kid at Christmas.5)  HDMI in.  At this point?  Can't see the real point.  I'm sure someone can use it.  Most of us run our stuff through sound systems though so it's a wee bit pointless.6)  Skype.... seriously?  We're digging here for reasons.  My phone has skype FFS...7)  More powerful network... can we get some facts for these numbers?  Because I can say that my internet is the fastest eva but it may not be true.8)  GDDR3 isn't as good as GDDR5.  Period.  Sorry.  Don't make excuses.9)  Versatility.. have you SEEN how big that thing is?  It's HUGE.  It's like my PS3, blu-ray AND stereo all in one.  You see how SMALL the PS4 is?  It's basically a Wii.  (all the other things my Wii could have done... minus TV but since TV is based on nation, I'll just stick to the cable box I ALREADY HAVE to do that job) But of course, this is just a troll thread.  But I've replied.  MAYBE after 6 months to 1 yr, I'll be picking up a Xbone but not until it shows a clear path.  ESPECIALLY after the RROD issues.  I would think people would be more shy about that striking again in a similar form.

Your last paragraph is moot. Once you use the phrase "xbone". You can no longer come across as objective