Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

9 reasons why Xbox One beats PS4

So there continue to be these post about how ps4 graphics are better then Xbox one.  According to experts this is not the case, the differences are so minimal 99.9% won't notice.  Plus those who just worry about graphics well they will be playing their PC not a console.

So here is the list of why Xbox one beats ps4.  Xbox one is clearly the total package. 

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2013/11/9-reasons-the-xbox-one-is-better-then-the-ps4.html

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

forbes posted a different article today listing 5 reasons ps4 is better

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/11/04/the-5-best-reasons-for-buying-the-ps4-instead-of-an-xbox-one/

there's no right answer - buy whatever console you like

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    The PS4 will age a lot better than the xbox. The graphics are slightly better in launch titles, expect the gap to widen. 
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy getting paid by Microsoft for it's ad:

1)  Interface... the same basic interface they tried with Windows 8... how's that working out for them?  Terribly.  Why?  Because it's terrible.  Nevermind the dash doesn't do the intended work.  Pay $50 a year PLUS have ads shoved in your face.  Lovely.

2)  72 PS4: 59 Xbox.  The only one worth mentioning is Titanfall which isn't an XBOX exclusive.  It's also on the PC.

(source:  http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/54628/playstation-4-vs-xbox-one-a-list-of-all-confirmed-next-gen-titles-and-exclusives)

3)  Best controller is subjective.  I do, however, agree.

4)  Includes Kinect for $100 more.  A system that even the previewers state doesn't work with MICROSOFT people running it.  Kinect is garbage and forcing it down peoples throats it just hard to swallow.  This is coming from someone who put a LOT of money into Kinect and games only to have a disappointed kid at Christmas.

5)  HDMI in.  At this point?  Can't see the real point.  I'm sure someone can use it.  Most of us run our stuff through sound systems though so it's a wee bit pointless.

6)  Skype.... seriously?  We're digging here for reasons.  My phone has skype FFS...

7)  More powerful network... can we get some facts for these numbers?  Because I can say that my internet is the fastest eva but it may not be true.

8)  GDDR3 isn't as good as GDDR5.  Period.  Sorry.  Don't make excuses.

9)  Versatility.. have you SEEN how big that thing is?  It's HUGE.  It's like my PS3, blu-ray AND stereo all in one.  You see how SMALL the PS4 is?  It's basically a Wii.  (all the other things my Wii could have done... minus TV but since TV is based on nation, I'll just stick to the cable box I ALREADY HAVE to do that job)

But of course, this is just a troll thread.  But I've replied.  MAYBE after 6 months to 1 yr, I'll be picking up a Xbone but not until it shows a clear path.  ESPECIALLY after the RROD issues.  I would think people would be more shy about that striking again in a similar form.

• taylormadetaylormade Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Nadia

forbes posted a different article today listing 5 reasons ps4 is better

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/11/04/the-5-best-reasons-for-buying-the-ps4-instead-of-an-xbox-one/

there's no right answer - buy whatever console you like

I actually agree with you 100% just wanted to give xbox a little love.

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196

Well lets see....

1.) A shout out to w8?

2.) PS4 has exclusive games as well so this isn't really an arguement

3.)Just silly. This is a preference, and far from fact

4.)Some people don't want the kinect and would rather have the option to not buy it.

6.)Skype has a  lot of issues on w8 right now. Wouldn't start screaming to high heaven about the greatness of this addition till it is proven to work well.

8.)No.

IMO not a very good article. Interested to see what other people think.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Post count 4 and account made today to tell us all how fantastic the xbone is despite all the negativity surrounding it. Smells like shill to me.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by CowboyHat

Interested to see what other people think.

same guy from Forbes is doing a "pro Xbox" article tomorrow

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552
    Question is, who cares since my PC will be far superior to both of them? If you really wanted the best gaming platform out there you'd buy a PC.
  • taylormadetaylormade Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    Post count 4 and account made today to tell us all how fantastic the xbone is despite all the negativity surrounding it. Smells like shill to me.

So back in 2008 when you made your 1st post were you some kind of special poster?  Negative?  Oh you mean graphics?  Yeah that's not negative according to the experts it's minimal and 99.9% won't notice.  

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Nice article OPimage
  • MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by iridescence
    Question is, who cares since my PC will be far superior to both of them? If you really wanted the best gaming platform out there you'd buy a PC.

This is the smartest guy on here.

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430
  • zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Originally posted by taylormade

So back in 2008 when you made your 1st post were you some kind of special poster?  Negative?  Oh you mean graphics?  Yeah that's not negative according to the experts it's minimal and 99.9% won't notice.  

Isnt the whole point of getting a new system the graphics? a new video card the graphics?

Seems kind of silly to say 99% wont notice when thats the whole point,   if they hear one is better than the other than they will just assume even if they cant see it themselves the graphics are better.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Cool to make an account just to try to convince people that XBox rocks. I guess you're working at Microsoft? Because the rest of the world can see what is obvious.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

They really were pulling straws for the '9 Reasons' there. Really "Bundled with a Kinect" is a reason? It even SAYS its $100 more for the system and its due to kinect. If anything thats a flaw NOT a good thing. 

Only 'valid' points  I see (which can be argued)

Exclusive Games (somewhat stronger launch though its not something that can nessisarily hold interest)

Better Controller: Argued, I do agree I think Sony controller is outdated and lackluster. Even with improved design I still dislike the sticks being as they are

Versatility, which I feel is really dependant on "Do you really NEED that" and personally I'm not caring much on it.

I really laugh at how its attempting to FORCE and I mean FORCE points being 'posative' with such a stupid sense of reasoning. 

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

well if your stupid then get the xbox  let government and Nsa have control of all you do and say  do your research  before you type the new xbox is a fail

shit the 360 was a fail

• mustang2750mustang2750 Member UncommonPosts: 34

HORRIBLE list lol

Most of those are reasons why I'm NOT getting an Xbox One.

And yes..the difference in graphics is pretty noticeable..have you watched the COD/BF4 videos???

The only thing I will give the Xbox is the better controller but it seems Sony really stepped up with the DS4.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by Mizzmo

This is the smartest guy on here.

Not every one can afford a high end PC. So they now have two choices they can play on and some people just can't play with keyboard and mouse.

You dont need a high end PC anymore to play thing on max setting. My PC is 2 years old and can play all the newest/flashy games on max settings and still get 80-160FPS. Just gonna say u could probaly buy everything in the console for you PC for less than the console price :P

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Quoted for truth.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    I have got x-box gold and play station plus you get lots of new games free on play station plus and nothing on x-box gold play station gives more to gamers,never will I buy a x-box again we all saw microsofts real colours at E3.
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

Nice attempt to try and spin my comment on "negative" about graphics. I'm talking about ALL the negativity about the xbone.

Lets face it, the sales numbers after launch will tell the real story. See ya then!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Wonder why when developers like Quantic Dreams and Capcom make tech demos they used PS3 or PS4 for them since some of you are claiming XB1 graphical power is better or the same. tech demos like this which are in-engine

PS3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPCw09-DNFg&hd=1

PS4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC5nrVJ764U&hd=1

PS4 Capcoms Deep Down Exclusive title - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFBEjlKtpY&hd=1

Deep Down new gameplay trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=875yH2VCvok&hd=1

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Raquis
    I have got x-box gold and play station plus you get lots of new games free on play station plus and nothing on x-box gold play station gives more to gamers,never will I buy a x-box again we all saw microsofts real colours at E3.

You can get Dragons Dogma for free this week on PS+

• EliminatREliminatR Member UncommonPosts: 28

So there continue to be these post about how ps4 graphics are better then Xbox one.  According to experts this is not the case, the differences are so minimal 99.9% won't notice.  Plus those who just worry about graphics well they will be playing their PC not a console.

So here is the list of why Xbox one beats ps4.  Xbox one is clearly the total package. 

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2013/11/9-reasons-the-xbox-one-is-better-then-the-ps4.htm

LOL it dont matter if ps4 has .001% over Xone graphics, PS4 still has the best non-the-less. Im a PC gamer and prefer graphics... I will buy a PS4 for graphics, cheaper internet, and a whole lot more free experience. I have been with xbox since original xbox launch... This time around SONY made the better system. 

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

I'll counter it with 9 reasons to get the PS4 over the Xbox One:

• More variety of exclusives.  Xbox One is arguably only superior in shooter exclusives while the PS4 has better exclusives in most other genres or at least matches exclusives of the Xbox One in other genres (except shooters).
    • It's cheaper.  This is a big one.
    • The hardware outperforms the Xbox One, even if it's only slightly.  See the whole 720p debacle.
    • Gaikai allowing you to play older titles if you didn't previously pick up older Playstation consoles (or a Vita/PSP).
    • Remote play on the Vita.
    • Had relatively good policies since it's announcement, rather than having to change them due to backlash.
    • Supports indie development far more than Microsoft does.
    • PS+ offers far more free games and discounts than Xbox Live does.  I realize Xbox is making strides recently to change this, but currently PS+ is a better service.
    • Has more upcoming games currently.  (PS3 = 158 / Xbox One = 77), you can thank Indie and Japanese developers for that.
    I'm not discouraging people from getting an Xbox One, as I said shooter exclusives are better on the system and I agree the controller is better (though I'd have to get my hands on both to see how the new ones hold up).  Just throwing out the counterpoints here.  Honestly, a console is really all about exclusives to me and since I'm not big on shooters the main reason I'm getting a PS4 AND it allows me to play older PS titles on Gaikai (I don't own a PS2 and PS3) is because I feel like the PS4 exclusives are going to be better for me.  I'm also a fan of indie games too, so that's a big bonus there.