Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hearthstone Beta Key Giveaway posts being deleted?

Hi,

As someone who is eagerly trying to get in to the beta, I have been posting on the Giveaway threads every day that I can. I think I've only actually missed day one.

Anyways, I just went to check to see if the winners for day six had been declared. As usual, I wasn't on the list. So I proceeded to check to see how snappy my post was, with my completely original use of text editing. I couldn't find it... The same goes for day 5.

I haven't checked the other days, but could someone enlighten me as to why my posts for the beta keys have 'disappeared'?

Is it just because I'm a new member who pretty much only made an account to get the beta key? (Though I will now likely stick around a bit). Or is it like, you get three pops, then you're screwed? I dunno...

Any guidance or anything will be much appreciated. It would be nice to still be in with a shot for days 7-10.

Cheers.

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

if you click on your name - it will show you the history of your posts  (unless they were deleted)

your history shows you voting in Days 2,3,4    (Wed thru Friday)

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291
    I'm just curious but is there really anyone interested in a Trading Card Video Game? TCG genre games never are successful plus this is based on WoW so I'm not sure why anyone would take this game seriously.
  • ChidwanChidwan Member Posts: 12

Thanks.

Yeah, when you look at the list of previous posts and my post count, it definitely looks like my posts for days 5 and 6 were deleted.

Well, darn...

• LowlighttLowlightt Member Posts: 4

Lots of people take it seriously,

Magic the Gathering Online has a tremendous population

That doesn't even count The Magic the gathering game series.

Yugioh card games have always sold well.

As for the Hearthstone, it plays very fast with most matches ending before turn 12. This makes it quite fun, or so my friends claim.

• MothhiveMothhive Member Posts: 8
    Did you post more than once in those threads? I think a lot of people were doing that to try and increase their chances of being selected, so those were probably the ones getting removed. If you didn't, maybe you were accidentally caught in the crossfire?
  • Mikey_HazardMikey_Hazard Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by DeathWolf2u
    I'm just curious but is there really anyone interested in a Trading Card Video Game? TCG genre games never are successful plus this is based on WoW so I'm not sure why anyone would take this game seriously.

I’ve played a few matches on my buddy’s account.

Make no mistake, this game is a winner. The number of active accounts come release will be in the millions, mark my words.

Not only is Hearthstone is faithful representation of the TCG genre vie the video game medium, but it’s got the Blizzard touch. And while I swore off WoW years ago, most people will attest that Blizzard makes solid games. Try and find me someone who hasn’t heard of Warcraft, Starcraft, or Diablo…

Also, it’s fun as hell. There is an element of “action” alive and present in Hearthstone that is missing in the traditional TCG. Sure, it’s a bit dumbed-down from Magic: The Gathering, but this is only the vanilla game… Magic is only as complex as it is now due to the countless expansions over the DECADES. I would say Hearthstone is every bit on par with the original M:TG game.

Hearthstone is going to do for video game TCGs what WoW did for the MMO and what LoL did for MOBAs. It will be a HUGE came for years to come unless they find some way to fudge it up.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz

• ChidwanChidwan Member Posts: 12

Nope. No fishiness like that. I guess I just got caught up in the crossfire. I'll be sure to monitor my post on the current giveaway session...

As for actually debating the appeal of an online card game; that's just silly.

• NefcziNefczi Member UncommonPosts: 13

Same here, I was participating since day 4 of givaway. Posts from days 5 and 6 were deleted for some reason. If you check my history there are only entries for day 4 and 7. And no, I didnt post multiple times, only once per day. 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by DeathWolf2u

What are you talking about? MTG still has a thriving community online, and has an online game client where everything is purely digital and still gets thousands of users at once. The genre may not have been releasing games as much as MMO's but as a whole it just needed a revival that would bring more users to it, which Hearthstone is doing really well. I have friends who never would have touched a card game trying out Hearthstone and loving it. I played MTG both physical and online and am completely enthralled with Hearthstone, the game plays well, is easy to access, and you don't have to spend any money at all to do anything in it, unlike most TCG's online, the option to spend is there so I'm sure blizzard will make boatloads of money. The main attraction for Hearthstone isn't the fact that it is based on WoW, it's the simplicity and the competitive nature of the game, the arena, the ranking system, it's set up to succeed just based on ultra competitive people.