Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burned out MMORPG Gamer Looking for something new that is out.

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

I been playing MMORPG's for well over 15 years now. There has been some really amazing ones and then some crappy ones. But overall I have had a good life playing MMORPG's, Sadly after getting into the World of Warcraft addiction loop I have not been able to find another MMORPG to crunch my thirst. So I was hoping you guys could help my friend and I with some ideas.

Here is a list of things that we enjoy in a MMORPG:

• Dungeons / Instances / Raids
  • Variety of leveling up experiences.
  • Tons of End Game Content Including End Game Progression not in the style of GW2.
  • Large World To Explore.
  • Hopefully some other types of mini games as well to bring more variety of fun and off time things to do..
Is there something? Anything modern? Anything that large? Please help us :)

SNIP

Comments

• Mikey_HazardMikey_Hazard Member Posts: 84

Find something to hold you over until Wildstar and EQNext come out :-)

Everything else sucks. Unless you like EvE... If you like EvE, do that forever and forget about everything else.

Good luck!

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

It sounds like you want to find what you had in wow but you don't want to play wow anymore. That wont be easy :)

Try rift or LOTRO if you haven't already.

Rift has a lot in common with wow ( it's a clone by many peoples standards )

lotro has tons of content and things to do.

Or EQ2 probably has more "content" than any mmo out there.

If none of those do it, I think you're probably in trouble.

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    Try and get in the elite alpha
  • kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by Mikey_Hazard

Find something to hold you over until Wildstar and EQNext come out :-)

Everything else sucks. Unless you like EvE... If you like EvE, do that forever and forget about everything else.

Good luck!

I love Eve! I dislike their timed based skill learning system. I'm more active rather then passive leveler. 

SNIP

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

I pass the time between EQ2 raids mostly in TSW and Marvel Heroes but often find myself not really interested in any of the three these days.  Been going though a lot of steam games of late as well.

Like I'm sure a lot of MMO players my hard drive is full of MMO's I almost never play but have the option to go back to from time to time hoping for something interesting.  Biggest problem is that if you don't touch a game for a few months the patch times can get longer than how long you end up in a lot of the games at which point it's not really worth it.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by kanechart

I been playing MMORPG's for well over 15 years now. There has been some really amazing ones and then some crappy ones. But overall I have had a good life playing MMORPG's, Sadly after getting into the World of Warcraft addiction loop I have not been able to find another MMORPG to crunch my thirst. So I was hoping you guys could help my friend and I with some ideas.

Here is a list of things that we enjoy in a MMORPG:

• Dungeons / Instances / Raids
    • Variety of leveling up experiences.
    • Tons of End Game Content Including End Game Progression not in the style of GW2.
    • Large World To Explore.
    • Hopefully some other types of mini games as well to bring more variety of fun and off time things to do..
    Is there something? Anything modern? Anything that large? Please help us :)

Apparently not according to 90% of the people on these forums.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• icemanateeicemanatee Member UncommonPosts: 79
    If you like, play Aion with me and my real life friends. We're on Isphrael server and based in California. We're fun and chill to play with. We're also in a guild and I'm sure everyone will assist you. If you're interested, PM me. Aion has all the features you're asking for and castle sieging. 
  • SophusVirSophusVir Member Posts: 44
    why not try Final Fantasy ARR - Decent content, great graphics, can play all classes from one character and the jobs in crafting are fairly in depth.
  • crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Gonna be a challenge finding a modern game with tons of endgame content. I'd suggest any of the older games that still get actively developed and feel fresh.

Runescape might be worth a try, if you can ignore the kiddy/handholdy direction they've been taking lately, and the microtransactions. The game still feels fresh because it's being updated almost weekly. No wow-style dungeon stuff but there's plenty of group bosses, group minigames, skills (dungeoneering) and whatnot

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by SophusVir
    why not try Final Fantasy ARR - Decent content, great graphics, can play all classes from one character and the jobs in crafting are fairly in depth.

Is there any good end content like what do you do max level?

SNIP

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

If you want something new, you need to be more open-minded.  Your rejection of Guild Wars 2 tells me you reject new ways of playing games.  The end-game of Guild Wars 2 is turning into the traditional style of gear treadmills (get better gear to do harder content to get better gear) with the release of Fractals, so is it really the combat and lack of trinity that you don't like?  

The only other MMO I can think of which deviated from the cookie-cutter quest-grind was The Secret World.  They still had quests and [well-disguised] leveling, but the limit on the number of quests forced players to follow a story instead of doing the quest-hub-grind.  I can't comment on the current state, but when it was released, it had the traditional dungeon-gear-treadmill for end-game characters to keep busy with.

Aside from those two, I can't think of any other MMO which I enjoyed playing for the story.  Most of the rest of MMOs follow the same formula as WoW or are just boring to me.

Have you played Runescape?  Although it isn't new, it has more content than every MMO out there.  I couldn't tolerate the lack of WASD movement, but the rest of the game seemed great.

• Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    DC universe is pretty fun game, not sure about max level content though as I have not reached it yet. But world pvp is everywhere and a lot of fun and the story lines are fun too